PDA

View Full Version : Update on Coach Wilson/Sepulveda

Bayz101
04-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Kirby Wilson visited the teams facilities today, he used a cane, and his trying to gain back some of the weight he lost.
Sepulveda said the Steelers do not want him back, he's an unrestricted free-agent.

Ed. B. PPG.

Kirby Wilson took another step toward his return to coaching with the Steelers when he paid them a visit today at their training facility on the South Side.

Wilson, their running backs coach the past five seasons, was severely burned in a kitchen fire at his home in Seven Fields the ealry morning of Jan. 6. Listed in critical condition in the days following the fire, Wilson made remarkable progress, first in the burn unit at Mercy Hospital and later through rehabilitation. Doctors induced a coma to help speed his recovery.

Wilson has regained some of the weight he lost and, according to those who have seen him, he looks good. Wilson was burned on 40-50 percent of his body in the fire. The Steelers welcomed him with a reception in a meeting room that included a large cake and ice cream. Wilson used cane to walk.

His visit today was his first to the Steelers facility, meant as a way to say hello and thank his colleagues for their support during his recovery. Coach Mike Tomlin has said he expects Wilson to return to his job sometime this year.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/burned-steelers-coach-visits-team-punter-sepulveda-wont-return-629862/

Fire Arians
04-04-2012, 06:59 PM
good to hear coach kirby is doing well

TRH
04-05-2012, 08:37 AM
thats a real shame about Sepulveda.

The guy had both the physical tools and ability to be without question the best punter in the game.......coulda, shoulda been one of the greatest punters of all time.
But his ripped muscular phsique seemed to be a plastic charade and he breaks if anything or anyone touches him....i'd liken to if my great grandmother went out there and she ran into Sep, i dont' know which one of them would fall down with broken bones.

GMU Steeler
04-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Glad to hear about Coach Wilson. Sounds like he's gonna make a full recovery. Poor Sep just couldn't stay healthy. Too bad because he was a gifted punter.