PDA

View Full Version : Ben...Take Responsibility??

LuckyNumber7
07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
In all honesty, do you think Ben should take some responsibility in the accident?? After all, he was never supposed to be on the road, which means, this accident would have never happened......:frown:

83-Steelers-43
07-18-2006, 10:17 PM
It was his decision to get on the bike after being warned on numerous occasions. It was his choice to ride a bike without a helmet (I don't buy his excuse). It was his choice to ride a bike minus a helmet while not having a valid license to drive the bike in the first place. As I stated in another thread, hopefully he learns from this incident but going by his recent comments, it doesn't sound like he has.

To make it short......it was his own stupidity so shouldn't he take full responsibility?

Here's the thread on a similar topic: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8808

LuckyNumber7
07-18-2006, 10:23 PM
I am sorry to dupilcate the thread....sorry...

siss
07-18-2006, 10:28 PM
He has apologized. He's healthy and he's gunna play again. thats all I need. It really does seem like this accident knocked some sence into him and humbled him a little but time will tell.
As for forgetting his helmet. To me it sounded like he really did forget it. He was supposed to bring it with him but he forgot it. How many times have you walked out of the house and thought "oh I forgot this...Oh well I'll get it later" and didnt go and get it. I do it all the time.
And frankly if he rides I dont care as long as he wears a helmet. However I will say this: The next time I worry about Ben, It better be because of football and not becasue of something he did off the field. My heart can't take it! He will break my heart if something like this were to happen again to him.

SteelerzGirl
It was his choice to ride a bike minus a helmet while not having a valid license to drive the bike in the first place.

That's the bottom line why he should take full responsibility for his actions. What he did was against the law in Pennsylvania. Plain and simple.

83-Steelers-43
I am sorry to dupilcate the thread....sorry...

lol, why are you apologizing? It's not a duplicate, just a thread with similar topics. That's all.

83-Steelers-43
07-18-2006, 10:32 PM
As for forgetting his helmet. To me it sounded like he really did forget it. He was supposed to bring it with him but he forgot it. How many times have you walked out of the house and thought "oh I forgot this...Oh well I'll get it later" and didnt go and get it. I do it all the time.

Yeah, I forget my keys at times.......but I wouldn't forget an item that I put on my head in order to prevent my brains from spilling out on the side of some road. On top of that, an item that he has been questioned about ever since the media and fans found out about him not wearing a helmet while riding a bike. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Once again, a helmet protects your head. It doesn't prevent ones spine from breaking in half and turning the kid into a vegetable.

SteelerzGirl
07-18-2006, 10:35 PM
He has apologized. He's healthy and he's gunna play again. thats all I need. It really does seem like this accident knocked some sence into him and humbled him a little but time will tell.
And frankly if he rides I dont care as long as he wears a helmet. However I will say this: The next time I worry about Ben, It better be because of football and not becasue of something he did off the field. My heart can't take it! He will break my heart if something like this were to happen again to him.

He forgot to bring his helmet? Well, I don't ever forget to wear my seatbelt when I get in my car. Also, he didn't have a valid license. Did he forget that, too? I dunno... I'm not buying it, siss. Sorry. :frown:

Sometimes I forget my cell phone or something, as you stated, when I leave the house, but those things aren't against the law...(lol).

LuckyNumber7
07-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I forget my keys at times.......but I wouldn't forget an item that I put on my head in order to prevent my brains from spilling out on the side of some road. On top of that, an item that he has been questioned about ever since the media and fans found out about him not wearing a helmet while riding a bike.

Once again, a helmet protects your head. It doesn't prevent ones spine from breaking in half and turning the kid into a vegetable.

I agree completely....to me, i think i would remeber if I needed to wear something on my head. I mean, everyday, everytime he gets on that bike, he has to think "Should I wear a helmet?" And if for nothing else, he should wear one so he can hide his idnentity so he can ride in peace....liek he wants to.

siss
07-18-2006, 10:46 PM
He says he wears it sometimes. He also said that he didnt realize his permit had expired (I"ve done that by the way). SO here's what I think went threw his head.
I forgot my helmet...OH well I 'll come back later.

Its not the law in PA to wear a helmet so he probbaly thought nothing of it. Why would he think of it if he didnt have to.

83-Steelers-43
07-18-2006, 10:51 PM
He says he wears it sometimes. He also said that he didnt realize his permit had expired (I"ve done that by the way). SO here's what I think went threw his head.

Its not the law in PA to wear a helmet so he probbaly thought nothing of it. Why would he think of it if he didnt have to.

He didn't realize his permit expired?

and

He "forgot" his helmet?

He seems to forget a good bit.

Here's what I think went threw his head (obviously not much at the time and I still have to wonder)

On the license permit: I'm Ben Roethlisberger

On not wearing a helmet: I'm Ben Roethlisberger, I have to make it a point that I live life on the wild side. I'm not going to do what my head coach tells me to do. I don't have to listen to the former Super Bowl veterans who told me to put the bike away. I'm Ben Roethlisberger damnit.

Then again, I don't even know why I'm discussing him wearing a helmet. He shouldn't be riding the bike in the first place. If he was smart and that's a big IF, he would put the bike down. I respect the kid as an athlete and as a Pittsburgh Steeler, but I do have to question him when it comes to his head.

SteelerzGirl
07-18-2006, 10:51 PM

The law in Pennsylvania is that someone who only has a permit must wear a helmet. So, even if Ben had a valid permit, he still would have had to wear a helmet. But his permit was expired.

However, if he had a valid license and was an experienced motorcyclist, then he would have had the "privilege" of choosing whether or not to wear a helmet.

83-Steelers-43
07-18-2006, 10:55 PM
The law in Pennsylvania is that someone who only has a permit must wear a helmet. So, even if Ben had a valid permit, he still would have had to wear a helmet. But his permit was expired.

Correct. Good point.

LuckyNumber7
07-18-2006, 10:56 PM

It is the law if you don't have a valid license....as stated by Steelerzgirl

siss
07-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Well he apolgized for worryingus. He apolgized to his coach and the fans. I accept his apology. And now he needs to get his sexy ass out on the football field and throw some touchdowns!
I say 10 touchdowns and people forget about the accident!

83-Steelers-43
07-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Well he apolgized for worryingus. He apolgized to his coach and the fans. I accept his apology. And now he needs to get his sexy ass out on the football field and throw some touchdowns!
I say 10 touchdowns and people forget about the accident!

Yeah, he did apologize..........and then went on to state that he still might get back on the bike. Real bright. :dang:

But he did state he will wear a helmet from now on because we all know how well helmets protect your spine, knees and arms. It makes complete sense. :thmbup:

floodcitygirl
07-18-2006, 11:43 PM
If he does things legally, he certainly has the RIGHT to choose if he rides again and the RIGHT to choose if he wears a helmet.....however my hope is that he will CHOOSE to act in a personally responsible way to realize that he doesn't have the luxury of the carefree lifestyle that most 20 somethings enjoy because of the number of people that are depending on him......it's his job!

tony hipchest
07-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Here's what I think went threw his head

a windshield of a car?

i appreciate his "get back on the horse" mentality, but id appreciate it more after a jawbreaking hit from romonowski or lloyd rather than from a car.

from his interviews one can see where he might come away thinking hes indestructilbe and can do whatever he wants, but he does seem to have a realization of how fragile life is. hopefully this is what sticks.

this is much more than riding a motorcycle. this is an attitude saying you can go out and party and be safe driving home. or you can bone a random girl you meet without a condom (both things ive done without the indestructible attitude). like cowher says hopefully this is a life lesson you have to actually experience to learn something from

siss
07-19-2006, 12:49 AM
When people told Ben to use his head they didnt mean for him to USE his head!

SteelShooter
07-19-2006, 12:57 AM
That's the bottom line why he should take full responsibility for his actions. What he did was against the law in Pennsylvania. Plain and simple.

..........................................what she said. :hunch:

siss
07-19-2006, 01:25 AM
..........................................what she said. :hunch:

He did plead guilty to the charges. Or at least he did according to WPXI.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
The thing is,if he had a valid lisence and legally didn't have to wear a helmet that day,the accident still would have happened.

Ben Roethlisberger is at fault for illegally riding without a helmet and without a valid permit/lisence.The woman who turned in from of him is at fault for failing to yield to oncoming traffic.

No matter what the situation with Ben being able to legally ride the bike,the woman still would have turned because she only pays enough attention for cars.If she also payed attention for motorcycles,we'd never be having this conversation.