PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Foster signs RFA tender

mesaSteeler
04-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Thursday, 4.05.2012
TribLIVE.com Web Search by YAHOO!

Steelers’ Foster signs RFA tender
April 6th, 2012

Guard Ramon Foster signed his restricted free-agent tender that ensures that he will return to the Steelers for another year.

Foster will earn $1.26 million and will become an unresticted free agent next year unless he signs a long-term deal with the Steelers in the interim.

The undrafted free agent out of Tennessee was offered a low tender last month meaning that the Steelers would not have received any compensation if Foster signed with another team.

Foster did have interest from other organizations, but decided to sign with the Steelers. The Steelers would’ve matched any offer Foster received.

Foster did not have to sign the tender until April 20.

Foster has been one of the most reliable lineman on the Steelers’ roster. He started 26 games in three years including 22 of the last 24. Foster has also started four postseason games including Super Bowl XLV.

Foster will head into training camp as the starting right guard, but could also play left guard or either tackle positions.

The Steelers are expected to retain their remaining five restricted free agents — Doug Legursky, Keenan Lewis, David Johnson, Ryan Mundy and Mike Wallace.

Mark Kaboly

4-5-2012, 7:34 p.m.

tony hipchest
04-06-2012, 02:14 AM
@Steelers_Fever
Glad to have @RamonFoster back for another year. Starting or not, he is a valuable asset who has earned his stay.

‏@RamonFoster
@Steelers_Fever thanks a lot

Curtain_of_Steel
04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Shocker no one wanted him, lol I'm sure he had plenty of inquiries, lol

truesteelerfan
04-06-2012, 05:27 PM
ummmm....ok, can't be too upset about resigning any starter

Bayz101
04-06-2012, 07:37 PM
At first sight I thought this said "Steelers sign Foster". I thought we had picked up Arian Foster and I nearly shit bricks.

Steelersfan87
04-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I love Foster. He may not be elite, and he is fairly workmanlike, but he is the most consistent guy on the line right now. He always turns in a solid performance. He even pulled successfully a few times last year. If they can have two guards AND a center that all can pull, that really opens up what they can do in the running game. Especially if Marcus Gilbert can prove to be a better run blocker than Max Starks.

NoFieldFive
04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
we are really keeping Johnson? what does the team see in this guy. instead of blocking anyone he finds a hole and runs thru it. maybe they should just hand the ball of to him.

Millers the sh!t
04-07-2012, 04:35 AM
What's the deal with this David Johnson crap? Aren't the colts looking for a fb/te lowbrid or something? Get him off the team.

Kingmagyar
04-07-2012, 09:30 AM
David Johnson was on my Ricardo Coughley list the second after he dropped that easy pass against Baltimore the last time we played them. It would have run off another 40-45 seconds therefore eliminating Baltimore's chance to win the game at the end. Will Johnson signed from WVU should hopefully be able to get his job.