PDA

View Full Version : Just sent a letter in to get on Season Ticket waiting list!

Hammer67
07-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I finally got around to it! Haha...I know I will be waiting for like 10 to 15 years but at least they give you a shot at a couple of games each year. That alone is worth it. :bouncy:

SteelShooter
07-18-2006, 11:52 PM
You bet it is. Mine went in last year, so only 9-14 years for me! LMAO!

Steel Pit
07-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Sorry to disappoint you guys but I've been on the waiting list since 1993. I would guess that at this point it's probably a 50 year wait, if you're lucky. Those season ticket holders will never let their tickets go. They pass them down to family members, generation to generation. My friend has 8 season tickets that were originally purchased by his now deceased great-grandfather.

Hammer67
07-19-2006, 06:10 AM
I know of two different people that recieve pairs of tickets each within the last couple of years. Average wait time for each was about 12 years. Don't know how they divy them out.

I do know that there was some turnover after heinz Field was bought.

But, no matter, I am out of town and the chance to see one or two games a year is fine by me.

Lyn
07-19-2006, 07:49 AM
That is very true! I have been on the waiting list since '98 andwhen I signed up, I was told I would have tickets in 11 years. I do get tickets every year. The secret to getting them is to get the form in as soon as you get it filled out.

I called the ticket office this year and they told me that they no longer even tell people how long it will be before they get tickets. She also told me that this year they are sending out season tickets to people who signed in the month of Feb '96. She also told me that next year they will be working in march of '96. IF they got through the entire month of Feb '96, this year. Now I have no idea if that if true I only know what she said to me in May of this year. It did not sound too promising but like Hammer as long as I get a few tickets a year, I am happy.

If this woman is correct I would think they would have already doneall the years and months prior to Feb '96. Maybe you should call them and check on your status. :)

HometownGal
07-19-2006, 08:02 AM
I gave my 2 season tix up when Heinz Field was built and I"m still kicking myself in the arse. :dang: :dang: I still get to a couple of games every season so for now, that's good enough for me. :smile:

memphissteelergirl
07-21-2006, 03:27 PM
But, no matter, I am out of town and the chance to see one or two games a year is fine by me.

So, what you're saying is if I am an out-of-towner, I would stand a better chance of getting single game tickets if I put my name on the season ticket waiting list? :confused:

Hammer67
07-21-2006, 10:11 PM
So, what you're saying is if I am an out-of-towner, I would stand a better chance of getting single game tickets if I put my name on the season ticket waiting list? :confused:

Yes, but that goes for anyone...not just "out of towners". I simply mention that as it is easier to get back home for two games then all 8+.

sackmaster56
12-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I sent mine last summer and got on the list. I just today was able to get 4 tickets to the 1st playoff game in Jan. This was only because I had an account # that gave me priority. That is awesome!!!! Does anyone know if the account # will get priority for reg. season tickets too??? Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!! Tenn is next to fall!!!!

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
I sent mine last summer and got on the list. I just today was able to get 4 tickets to the 1st playoff game in Jan. This was only because I had an account # that gave me priority. That is awesome!!!! Does anyone know if the account # will get priority for reg. season tickets too??? Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!! Tenn is next to fall!!!!

What is this account number you speak of?

sackmaster56
12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
I got letter from the steelers last monday I think it was saying playoff tickets go on sale monday the 15th (today) it said go to ticketmaster.com and put in my account # that was on the letter and I would get priority in getting the tickets for either game 1 or 2. This worked and I got 4 tickets for face value. The account # is I guess related to my waitng list spot.

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Okay thanks. I guess I need to get on this list as well.

jjpro11
12-15-2008, 09:51 PM
from the steelers website

Is there a waiting list for season tickets?
Currently there is a waiting list for season tickets. If you would like to be placed on this list please send a written request to: Pittsburgh Steelers, PO Box 6763, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. You will receive written confirmation that your name has been placed on the waiting list.

what exactly do you have to write in your letter?

WWIIOwheelz
12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I've been on the waiting list since 1996 as well. I was able to get tickets to the AFC Championship game if the Steelers get home field advantage, and we got 4 of them. I'm wishing really hard!

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2008, 10:01 PM
from the steelers website

Is there a waiting list for season tickets?
Currently there is a waiting list for season tickets. If you would like to be placed on this list please send a written request to: Pittsburgh Steelers, PO Box 6763, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. You will receive written confirmation that your name has been placed on the waiting list.

what exactly do you have to write in your letter?

You just have to state that you are interested on being placed on the waiting list.

Eggy72
12-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Putting my name on the season ticket waiting list was the best thing I have ever done. I just purchased 4 tickets to the AFC Championship Game yesterday at face value!! I recieve a Christmas Card from the Steelers every year and also have an oppertunity to get tickets to 2 regular season games. It is a really good deal! Send in the letter to the Steelers NOW!!!

stlrtruck
12-16-2008, 09:15 AM
I just called to see where things were with the waiting list and they said that they are now working with people who were added on the list in March 1995.

steelpride12
12-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Ive been on the list since '99 and the list will prob run now around 50 years plus. The holders wont give them up until they pass away or cant budget them anymore. I just put it in the back of my mind till The letter to get them come in.

Sharkissle29
12-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Is that seriously it? just a few sentences....im plannin on doing it

TailgateMel
12-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Is that seriously it?
http://wallstreetjackass.typepad.com/raptureready/images/2007/05/02/serious_cat_2.jpg

d2609j
12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Does anyone have an Idea how much you are charged for the initial seating license fee. You see people selling their license on Ebay in the 10k range.

sackmaster56
12-17-2008, 08:18 AM
I read somewhere that it was $3000 per seat. I would assume that lower seats would be more than the uppers. I think we both have a long time to figure this out. Luckily the Steelers give us waiting list memebers a chance to get tickets.
Does anyone know if the upper north seats are bleachers or are actual chairs?? I have playoff tickets in sec 525 row HH. Please reply if you know.......

jimcallihan
08-20-2011, 07:45 PM
i need season tickets how long is the wait?
:tt03:

Wallabeast17
08-20-2011, 08:03 PM
i need season tickets how long is the wait?
:tt03:

Probably many many years..I myself am 18 and going to apply soon (never got around to it) and hope to have some about the time im in my 30's? Haha yeah right :sadpace::crying02:

Pa Yankee
08-20-2011, 11:14 PM
My uncle has 4 season tickets. It costs him $5,000 a year plus games. My uncle's dad was on the waitin list since the early 90s.