PDA

View Full Version : NFL Head Coach Power Rankings

CantStop85
07-18-2006, 10:03 PM
The article's a bit lengthy, so I'm just listing the rankings...I cut out all the reasoning and details, you can click the link to get those.

1.) Joe Gibbs (Washington Redskins )
2.) Bill Belichick (New England Patriots )
3.) Bill Cowher (Pittsburgh Steelers )
4.) Mike Shanahan (Denver Broncos )
5.) Bill Parcells (Dallas Cowboys )
6.) Mike Holmgren (Seattle Seahawks )
7.) Tony Dungy (Indianapolis Colts )
8.) Andy Reid (Philadelphia Eagles )
9.) Jon Gruden (Tampa Bay Buccaneers )
10.) John Fox (Carolina Panthers )
11.) Jeff Fisher (Tennessee Titans )
12.) Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals )
13.) Tom Coughlin (New York Giants )
14.) Lovie Smith (Chicago Bears )
15.) Dennis Green (Arizona Cardinals )
16.) Jack Del Rio (Jacksonville Jaguars )
17.) Marty Schottenheimer (San Diego Chargers )
18.) Art Shell (Oakland Raiders )
19.) Jim Mora (Atlanta Falcons )
20.) Brian Billick (Baltimore Ravens )
21.) Nick Saban (Miami Dolphins )
22.) Romeo Crennel (Cleveland Browns )
23.) Herm Edwards (Kansas City Chiefs )
24.) Dick Jauron (Buffalo Bills)
25.) Mike Nolan (San Francisco 49ers )

The New-Comers:
1.) Gary Kubiak (Houston Texans )
2.) Brad Childress (Minnesota Vikings )
3.) Scott Linehan (St. Louis Rams )
4.) Sean Payton (New Orleans Saints )
5.) Rod Marinelli (Detroit Lions )
6.) Mike McCarthy (Green Bay Packers )
7.) Eric Mangini (New York Jets )

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/07/nfl-head-coaches180706.html

tony hipchest
07-18-2006, 11:21 PM
the rasonning and details is pretty obvious. gibbs and belichick lead the league in sb wins with 3. cowher had 6 champion game appearances (more than any active coach) 2 sb's and 1 sb win. 4-11 all have been to a sb, if not won 1.

billick deserves to be dumped to #20 cause marvin lewis and the defense won their sb in spite of him. unfortunately for lewis, he is the mirror image of billick, except he is a defensive coach pushing an offensive based team. i expect the same results without an actual sb appearance.

this woulda been a pretty easy list to compile.

and gibbs definitely deserves to be ahead of belichick. we've seen what he has done without brady, and weve seen what shanahan has been able to do without elway. gibbs and cowher have proven they can get to the big game with different teams and personnel. with that being said parcells might be a little downgraded in this list (the fact that he needs belichick kinda hurts him although he dod work wonders with the pats in 95)

3 to be 4
07-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Nick Saban #21? Herm Edwards #23??

tony hipchest
07-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Nick Saban #21? Herm Edwards #23??romeo crennel ahead of edwards is a bit rediculous. he got the belichick tree pass. this list is made up of rings on the finger. your position when you got the rings, and opportunities to get the rings. mix in a little longevity and the proven ability to adapt.

lilyoder6
07-19-2006, 09:49 AM
herman edwards is a good coach.. he should be high up in the rankings

Big D
07-19-2006, 09:56 AM
this guy must not know much. I dont think marty should be that low

BlackNGold203
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I dont have huge problems with this list...except...what has Jeff Fisher done lately????

tony hipchest
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I dont have huge problems with this list...except...what has Jeff Fisher done lately???? jeff fisher has been to a superbowl. everyone listed below him hasnt (except for that stiff billick).

this list is really a list of what coaches have accomplished the most in the past. a pretty generic list if you ask me.

boLT fan
07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
this guy must not know much. I dont think marty should be that low

Ya, I guess being one of the major factors in reviving a franchise isn't enough to warrent you a spot higher than 17...

Big D
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Ya, I guess being one of the major factors in reviving a franchise isn't enough to warrent you a spot higher than 17...
the chargers arent the only organization that he has turned around too. I think all the drama and bullshit with aj smith has alot to do with it