PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger using a European golf tour as prep for ’12 season

Bayz101
04-07-2012, 01:24 AM
NEW YORK – Ben Roethlisberger will prepare himself for the new NFL season by embarking upon an extraordinary golfing marathon he believes will sharpen his focus in advance of the 2012 campaign.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is heading to Ireland and Scotland in June, where he will play some of the finest and most difficult courses in the world. But Roethlisberger insists the trip is not simply about recharging his batteries over the summer; it is designed to provide him with a mental challenge that will serve him well once football rolls around again.

“It is going to be pretty hardcore,” Roethlisberger told Yahoo! Sports. “I will be playing something like 12 courses in 10 days and they are some of the very best ones that you can find. I’m going to the K Club, St Andrews, and a bunch of others.”

Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ro-rogers_ben_roethlisberger_steelers_golf_ireland_04 0612

MACH1
04-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Golfing a mental challenge? Compared to Arians offense.

Bayz101
04-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Golfing a mental challenge? Compared to Arians offense.

I think this is his way of saying "Forget working out, imma play golf".

Millers the sh!t
04-07-2012, 03:29 AM
I think this is his way of saying "Forget working out, imma play golf".

Yep... Those workouts lasted long. Lol

I hope he's mentally and physically refreshed for the new season and challenges ahead of him this year. Enjoy the time off, and stay far away from the Guiness brewery.

stb_steeler
04-08-2012, 12:57 PM
How does golf prepare u for football? is there some kind of defense dummies on the coarse or something? you know the kind that will rush Ben on the 8th hole.:toofunny:

Fire Arians
04-08-2012, 07:00 PM
How does golf prepare u for football? is there some kind of defense dummies on the coarse or something? you know the kind that will rush Ben on the 8th hole.:toofunny:

football players need r&r too, sometimes the best thing you can do is relax. everyone needs time off

JCPsteelers
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
LOL this is hilarious. Ben's BS is kind of funny. Next we are going to hear going to training camp in Latrobe will help your golf game and Tiger Woods will be training with the Steelers.

StainlessStill
04-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Everyone is missing the fact that even though golf and football have NOTHING in common, Ben isn't going to go golf around the world to get better at getting outside of the pocket or at QB bootlegs.

The whole point is to test his mental capacity and challenge himself in that area of the psyche when faced with hard decisions and anticipation of what his mind see's and how to come up with a quick tragedy within your next move & with that, golf can give you fits.

That said, I think that it's good he's staying out of trouble and using up his time to drive the golf ball and walk the best of the best golf course's in the world. I'm okay with it. As long as he comes back sharp, no big deal.

Fire Arians
04-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Everyone is missing the fact that even though golf and football have NOTHING in common, Ben isn't going to go golf around the world to get better at getting outside of the pocket or at QB bootlegs.

The whole point is to test his mental capacity and challenge himself in that area of the psyche when faced with hard decisions and anticipation of what his mind see's and how to come up with a quick tragedy within your next move & with that, golf can give you fits.

That said, I think that it's good he's staying out of trouble and using up his time to drive the golf ball and walk the best of the best golf course's in the world. I'm okay with it. As long as he comes back sharp, no big deal.

it could just be a matter of relaxation for ben. Employers sometimes force their workers to take time off if they haven't taken a vacation in a while, it's proven that people need R&R to be most effective.

stb_steeler
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM

Why doesnt he take up chess?......lol

stb_steeler
04-10-2012, 02:48 PM
it could just be a matter of relaxation for ben. Employers sometimes force their workers to take time off if they haven't taken a vacation in a while, it's proven that people need R&R to be most effective.

The article did not describe any R&R, Ben mentioned its about taking on situations.

scottish_steeler
04-11-2012, 03:12 PM
as long as he is fit and healthy come september i'm sure we'll be fine

plus gives me the chance to meet him as st andrews is a stones throw away from where i live haha

AndyWitmyer
04-12-2012, 11:24 AM
as long as he is fit and healthy come september i'm sure we'll be fine

plus gives me the chance to meet him as st andrews is a stones throw away from where i live haha

Lucky!!!! (I say this, even though I live only an hour and a half from Pittsburgh)

Still, I think you might have a better shot at meeting him than me! All the luck to you my Scottish friend! (I've been to your country, as well as Ireland, twice - you live in a beautiful land) :tt02: