PDA

View Full Version : Our rival fanbases would have a sh*t-fit if...

Go 'Lers
04-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Ravens and Browns fans would be blowing up the twitterverse if it was Dick Lebeau and the Steeler defense that had the bounty scandal (as opposed to what actually happened in New Orleans).

Just an observation I found amusing.

There's no outrage when its some other team but as soon as the Pittsburgh Steelers are so much as flagged for a 10 yard penalty its all "They're The Dirtiest Team In The League, THEY CHEAT, The REFS FAVOR THEM BLAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!"

NSMaster56
04-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Yup.

But, as William Shakespeare once said:

Haters gonna hate.

Twentyvalve
04-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Yup.

Haters gonna hate.

That is classic. :chuckle:.

Bayz101
04-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Yup.

Haters gonna hate.

:chuckle:

TRH
04-07-2012, 09:05 PM
i've thought of this before too. Thank god it wasn't us. I can't even IMAGINE the outrage if it was.

Steelersfan87
04-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Am I the only one that simply can't imagine Dick LeBeau, who reads The Night Before Christmas to his defense, engaging in despicable crap like this, despite retired players coming out and trying to say this was common? A lot of these commentators seem to be side-stepping the most damning pieces too, like Antonio Pierce talking about how they always knew who the injured players were. Sure, of course that's common, but what about in THIS era with the talk of concussions? Did any other defensive coordinator tell their players to go after Kyle Williams' head? Or did they specifically target other players' specific body parts? As far as I know, Michael Crabtree has never had an ACL injury, so this was not a case of targeting an injured player. He had foot issues; if they were targeting injuries, he would have told them to step on his foot or something. And that "always hit and touch the head" comment? If low class garbage like that is common at all in the NFL, then color me disgusted.

Millers the sh!t
04-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Greg "Dr. Heat" Williams and Sean Payton are class A scumbags.

All teams teach their men to play hard and hit hard. Make the opposing team remember your name, number, and what's gonna happen if they cross paths with you again.

But when u get to the point where ur dropping names and calling for specific injuries to certain players, that's when u should be NFL banned for years if not, forever.

Getting knocked out of a play or two from a big hit is part of the game and it's also moral boosting for the rest of the teammates. But it's also nice to see that injured player hop back into the game after a few minutes.

Paying a $15,000 bounty to purposely injure the acl of a young player still early in his career is disgusting. The man can get a career ending injury or lose out on millions on future contracts from an acl tear purposely done for only $15,000. Both those coaches should be out on their asses for 5 seasons.

Bayz101
04-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Greg "Dr. Heat" Williams and Sean Payton are class A scumbags.

All teams teach their men to play hard and hit hard. Make the opposing team remember your name, number, and what's gonna happen if they cross paths with you again.

But when u get to the point where ur dropping names and calling for specific injuries to certain players, that's when u should be NFL banned for years if not, forever.

Getting knocked out of a play or two from a big hit is part of the game and it's also moral boosting for the rest of the teammates. But it's also nice to see that injured player hop back into the game after a few minutes.

Paying a $15,000 bounty to purposely injure the acl of a young player still early in his career is disgusting. The man can get a career ending injury or lose out on millions on future contracts from an acl tear purposely done for only $15,000. Both those coaches should be out on their asses for 5 seasons.

:iagree: