View Full Version : liked watching these guys play

effyou515
04-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Lloyd
Brown
Kirkland
Greene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lve09rSehk8

not a weak link among them all were fast smart played hard liked watching these 4 play as a unit.

effyou515
04-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Russell
Lambert
Ham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=eoqdpg_Q7Us&NR=1

Stop the run or defend the pass when these 3 played together the Steelers didn't have a nickel or dime defense these 3 LBs were on the field no matter down and distance.

LayingTheWoodley56
04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Don't forget:

Woodley
Timmons
Farrior
Harrison

The other guys are obviously great players, but don't forget our current group (now minus Potsie) ain't no slouches.

effyou515
04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Imo the 2 groups of LBs I posted were equally as good for the defense the Steelers were playing at the time each group played. you couldn't ask for a better group of 4-3 or 3-4 LBs.

fer522
04-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Don't forget:

Woodley
Timmons
Farrior
Harrison

The other guys are obviously great players, but don't forget our current group (now minus Potsie) ain't no slouches.

C'MON MAN!!!!!! timmons ain't done nothing yet:doh:

Fire Arians
04-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Lloyd
Brown
Kirkland
Greene

not a weak link among them all were fast smart played hard liked watching these 4 play as a unit.

blitzburgh era was the best defense i've ever witnessed so far. not only were the linebackers all crazy good, but we also had woodson and lake in the secondary. that defense was really fun to watch. a shame they never got to win a sb, they really had everything back then except quarterback.

fwiw, i think they could have won 1 or 2 if o'donnell stayed in pittsburgh

harrison'samonster
04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
that blitzburgh era group was a blast to watch, it is a shame they never got that SB win.

steeltheone
04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
That Steeler team was better than any AFC team last year QB or not.

Kingmagyar
04-10-2012, 07:42 AM
It was sweet watching Greg Lloyd put fear into opponents and that group was great although it didn't last too long with Kevin Green and Chad Brown leaving. I'm thinking though the sack numbers coming out of James Harrison and Lamarr Woodley are much better though. Lloyd a great player still never had the double digit sacks like either of those two guys.

With maybe the drafting of Donta Hightower we could be back to a foursome that could rival the 90's and statistically at least in terms of sacks be much better.

James Harrison
Donta Hightower
Lawrence Timmons
Lamarr Woodley

micraydim
04-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Woodley
Harrison

i love them much . steeler would do a better job in this year with them

vasteeler
04-10-2012, 09:29 AM
blitzburgh era was the best defense i've ever witnessed so far. not only were the linebackers all crazy good, but we also had woodson and lake in the secondary. that defense was really fun to watch. a shame they never got to win a sb, they really had everything back then except quarterback.

fwiw, i think they could have won 1 or 2 if o'donnell stayed in pittsburgh

i 100% agree. he has never been given the credit he is due

Fire Arians
04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
It was sweet watching Greg Lloyd put fear into opponents and that group was great although it didn't last too long with Kevin Green and Chad Brown leaving. I'm thinking though the sack numbers coming out of James Harrison and Lamarr Woodley are much better though. Lloyd a great player still never had the double digit sacks like either of those two guys.

With maybe the drafting of Donta Hightower we could be back to a foursome that could rival the 90's and statistically at least in terms of sacks be much better.

James Harrison
Donta Hightower
Lawrence Timmons
Lamarr Woodley

I think lloyd and greene were just as good of a duo, if not better. the sack numbers are lower for them because teams weren't as pass happy back then, so there were less overall opportunities to get to the QB.

soulkitchen
04-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Lloyd
Brown
Kirkland
Greene

I particularly liked when the knocked Harbaugh's tooth out in the playoffs.

Dalarin
04-12-2012, 09:27 AM
I think lloyd and greene were just as good of a duo, if not better. the sack numbers are lower for them because teams weren't as pass happy back then, so there were less overall opportunities to get to the QB.

But also less emphasis on the offensive line, especially tackle play and far less 2 and 3 step drops. It almost evens itself out