PDA

View Full Version : tim couch talks....

j-dawg
07-19-2006, 12:06 AM
personally, i think couch got a raw deal...

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/9537671/detail.html

tony hipchest
07-19-2006, 12:16 AM
personally, i think couch got a raw deal...

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/9537671/detail.html
i do too. if david carr played for the browns he woulda been dumped by now. sometimes a player just cant choose the team, coach, or ownership group he plays for. to bad for him, hes probably done and there is no XFL for him to go to and reinvent himself (ala tommy maddox)

Big D
07-19-2006, 07:39 AM
I think he got screwed too. Whether it be from not having any players around him to the piss poor coaching staff they had when he was there

silver & black
07-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Cleveland threw him to the wolves. Ty Detmer was doing fine, but the Browns thought they should go to the playoffs in their first year back. They figured they paid this kid all these millions so, they were going to play him come hell or high water...typical Browns' foolishness. The Browns ruin everything they touch!

Big D
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
the same way they probably ruined charlie frye by throwing him in way to early

silver & black
07-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Maybe... we'll see soon enough.

lilyoder6
07-19-2006, 09:25 AM
i feel bad for him...

RoethlisBURGHer
07-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Tim Couch got a raw deal,he was definatly a better QB than what he played as.When your constantly on your back all the time,that's how well you play.

j-dawg
07-19-2006, 07:33 PM
the same way they probably ruined charlie frye by throwing him in way to early

i'm sorry, but charlie has an offensive line far better than anything couch had...

boLT fan
07-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't think being pelted by radio's helped out his career much. Didn't the Browns fans make him cry after they cheered when he left the field injured? Way to support your team, Browns fans. :sofunny:

j-dawg
07-19-2006, 08:32 PM
unfortunately, couch was on the receiving end of some serious fan angst... the entire organization at that time was bad, and couch got the brunt of it.

hey, the bolts fans booed their team in the playoff game against the jets... and that's when they were still leading it.... talk about supporting a team!

silver & black
07-20-2006, 10:44 AM
unfortunately, couch was on the receiving end of some serious fan angst... the entire organization at that time was bad, and couch got the brunt of it.

hey, the bolts fans booed their team in the playoff game against the jets... and that's when they were still leading it.... talk about supporting a team!
It seems to me that, the Browns organization, and the fans, just didn't want to admit that they were an expansion team. The team, and the fan base, fully expected to be "The Browns" right from the start. As we see, they still aren't "The Browns"... even yet.

I will say, they are making good decisions, and doing the right things, these days, in order to right the ship.

As far as dolts fans go... ......... ah, why bother!:sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Silver & Black is correct,the Browns fans didn't want to accept the fact that they truley were and are an expansion team,the Ravens are basicly what the old Browns are.

It was wrong,IMHO,to let the Browns move to Baltimore and make Cleveland wait all those years for a new team.Art Modell should have had to either (a) wait those years for the Ravens to become a franchise and be the expansion team or (b) the NFL should have just said "Okay Art,you don't wanna own the Browns anymore?Put together a new staff and have a team ready by the draft.You'll have all the special treatment an expansion team gets".

The Browns should have just never moved.