PDA

View Full Version : Jerricho Cotchery signs 2 year deal with...

tony hipchest
04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
...Steelers.

Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream

WR Jerricho Cotchery has agreed to a two-year deal with the Steelers, per source. #nyj

terms undisclosed.

MACH1
04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Sweet....I'm glad he stayed.

Should of signed him to 4 years, it's gonna take him 2-3 years to learn the new system. :chuckle:

GMU Steeler
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Welcome back Cotch.

Steelersfan87
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
A solid and necessary signing.

Fire Arians
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
**** yeah. love the signing

SteelBlaze1
04-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Great news!!

ETL
04-11-2012, 03:30 PM
just one season with the steelers must have made an impression

LVSteelersfan
04-11-2012, 03:31 PM
All right. Another free agent signing. And they say we don't do free agent signings. : )

scottish_steeler
04-11-2012, 04:06 PM
loving this, think this is what we need with questions about whether or not sanders can keep fit, solid receiver

love his touchdown celebrations of waving the towel as well!

:tt02:

TRH
04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Whewwwww..

Thats a relief. Good news.

TRH
04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
loving this, think this is what we need with questions about whether or not sanders can keep fit, solid receiver

love his touchdown celebrations of waving the towel as well!

:tt02:

hopefully it makes him up his game a bit!

Fire Arians
04-11-2012, 04:19 PM
excited to see what todd haley can do with the wr corps all intact. our wr's from 1-4 are all very good. if sanders can stay healthy this season, watch out.

Men of Steel
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEET !!! :tt03:

Men of Steel
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
excited to see what todd haley can do with the wr corps all intact. our wr's from 1-4 are all very good. if sanders can stay healthy this season, watch out.

I just had a flashback of the superbowl against the Cards. Considering they had kurt warner, a solid QB at that time, and a good core of WR including FITZ and Anquan Boldin, Breaston, and such, they were REALLY EXPLOSIVE.

That said, with OUR QB and solid young talented WR corps... and haleys offense...

playing to OUR strengths.... WATCH OUT! :thumbsup:

StainlessStill
04-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I had a very, very long day today. To come home to this just made my day worth while.

Beginning of FA, I was more afraid to lose Cotchery than I was Wallace. I just think Cotch brings so much to the table and is that piece to the puzzle that would propell us to the Super Bowl. He's that good. I'm so fired up over this. PLUS, it looks like Wallace is going to stay for atleast another year.

Ben
Heath
Wallace
Brown
Sanders
Cotchery.

:tt:BRING IT ON! HERE WE GO!

ricardisimo
04-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Sweet....I'm glad he stayed.

Should of signed him to 4 years, it's gonna take him 2-3 years to learn the new system. :chuckle:
:toofunny:

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 05:06 PM
I had a very, very long day today. To come home to this just made my day worth while.

Beginning of FA, I was more afraid to lose Cotchery than I was Wallace. I just think Cotch brings so much to the table and is that piece to the puzzle that would propell us to the Super Bowl. He's that good. I'm so fired up over this. PLUS, it looks like Wallace is going to stay for atleast another year.

Ben
Heath
Wallace
Brown
Sanders
Cotchery.

:tt:BRING IT ON! HERE WE GO!

Love The Offensive Prospect, but do the Steelers and Wallace agree long term, or is it one and done for Wallace (one more year)? Does something possibly happen between now and draft day, or does someone like Denver make a pitch for Wallace having picked up Peyton Manning?

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Love The Offensive Prospect, but do the Steelers and Wallace agree long term, or is it one and done for Wallace (one more year)? Does something possibly happen between now and draft day, or does someone like Denver make a pitch for Wallace having picked up Peyton Manning?

Not saying I am not glad the Steelers signed Cotchery, but would it have made more sense to sign Antonio Brown before they signed Cotchery, I really would hate the fact next year of being in the same boat with Brown as the Steelers are with Wallace this year.

stb_steeler
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
just one season with the steelers must have made an impression

Hines talked him into it.....:wink02:

tony hipchest
04-11-2012, 05:13 PM

Ben
Heath
Wallace
Brown
Sanders
Cotchery.

:tt:BRING IT ON! HERE WE GO!well... not to ruin your day buuuuut adam schefter is reporting that wallace has no intention of signing his tender and will not be participating in any team activities.

let the holdout begin.

:popcorn:

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 05:16 PM
well... not to ruin your day buuuuut adam schefter is reporting that wallace has no intention of signing his tender and will not be participating in any team activities.

let the holdout begin.

Tony, since you seem to report reliable information, is the signing of Cotchery the end of Wallace? Do the Steelers now focus on Brown?

stb_steeler
04-11-2012, 05:16 PM
^ Figures

Men of Steel
04-11-2012, 05:19 PM
well... not to ruin your day buuuuut adam schefter is reporting that wallace has no intention of signing his tender and will not be participating in any team activities.

let the holdout begin.

the last time a receiver held out on our team, he ended up being superbowl mvp that year i believe.

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 05:21 PM
the last time a receiver held out on our team, he ended up being superbowl mvp that year i believe.

Which Receiver was that, are you referring to Hines or someone else?

Men of Steel
04-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Which Receiver was that, are you referring to Hines or someone else?

yea Hines i believe he held out beginning of 05, and i remember thinking "whaaat the hell" but i remember at the end of the year after his MVP performance saying... "well that sure paid off!" :tt02:

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 05:29 PM
yea Hines i believe he held out beginning of 05, and i remember thinking "whaaat the hell" but i remember at the end of the year after his MVP performance saying... "well that sure paid off!" :tt02:

Well I surely wouldn't compare Wallace to Hines, Hines had loyalty to the orginization (It was evident he retired as a Steeler rather than playing elsewhere), IMO the Steelers should concentrate on Brown. If Wallace thinks his stock is booming that much go ahead and test the market. Also if I am not mistaken if he sits out this year the same rules apply next year, the Steelers get a 1st round tender for him, I may be wrong though!

tony hipchest
04-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Tony, since you seem to report reliable information, is the signing of Cotchery the end of Wallace? Do the Steelers now focus on Brown?

i dont think the 2 bits of news today are really related.

i think its the next logical step of wallace using any bit of leverage he has, just like the steelers tagging him for the low ammt tender was maximizing their leverage.

im sure mike was hoping ALL of their remaining cap space would be used on him, and now theyve signed cotch and pope in 2 days.

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 05:34 PM
i dont think the 2 bits of news today are really related.

i think its the next logical step of wallace using any bit of leverage he has, just like the steelers tagging him for the low ammt tender was maximizing their leverage.

im sure mike was hoping ALL of their remaining cap space would be used on him, and now theyve signed cotch and pope in 2 days.

I believe it may be fair to say, Wallace may have played his last days in the Burgh, do the Steelers look for a WR in the draft or are they happy with what they have, only question mark for me is Sanders. Although I love the kid, his injuries sure bring into question his future.

TRH
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Adam Schefter's reporting is usually spot-on.

Signing Crotchery was certainly not good news for Wallace and his slimeball agent. The right thing to do is sign the tender....play this year (if you're as good as you say you are)....and then test the FA waters next year (if anybody is interested).
I'm not liking the talk of a "hold-out". At this point, from an aloof attitude last year to talk of holdout this year, Wallace is portraying himself as anything BUT a team player.
I wouldn't be surprised, and i wouldn't mind, seeing the Steelers play a REALLY hard-ball stance on this one.

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Signing Crotchery was certainly not good news for Wallace and his slimeball agent. The right thing to do is sign the tender....play this year (if you're as good as you say you are)....and then test the FA waters next year (if anybody is interested).
I'm not liking the talk of a "hold-out". At this point, from an aloof attitude last year to talk of holdout this year, Wallace is portraying himself as anything BUT a team player.
I wouldn't be surprised, and i wouldn't mind, seeing the Steelers play a REALLY hard-ball stance on this one.

THIS!!!!!

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

FrancoLambert
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
:applaudit: :applaudit:
Great news on Cotchery staying. Solid,reliable team guy.
Our WR depth is very good unless "reports" are true and Wallace acts like an ass.
Now if we can only address our O-line needs in the draft.......this offense could be :thumbsup:

Steelerfreak58
04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Nice!

Fire Arians
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
if i was wallace i wouldn't hold out. the writing is on the wall already that we aren't going to give him the money he wants, nor can we. his best bet for a big payday is to win a super bowl MVP, then there will be teams getting in line to pay his ass. 1 more year mike, shut the **** up and play!

even without mike, our WR corps is pretty damn solid now that cotchery is coming back. I'm all for the steelers org playing hardball with mike's agent

Steelersfan87
04-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Not saying his report in this instance is false, but I beg to differ. I always take anything he 'reports' with a grain of salt because he's more interested in attention than accuracy.

If it is indeed true, I wouldn't be surprised if Ward gets in his ear, considering that he mentioned at his retirement press conference that his one regret was holding out.

TRH
04-11-2012, 07:00 PM
if i was wallace i wouldn't hold out. the writing is on the wall already that we aren't going to give him the money he wants, nor can we. his best bet for a big payday is to win a super bowl MVP, then there will be teams getting in line to pay his ass. 1 more year mike, shut the **** up and play!

even without mike, our WR corps is pretty damn solid now that cotchery is coming back. I'm all for the steelers org playing hardball with mike's agent

I'm with you on this one.
I think Wallace will do more self-damage by holding out than not holding out. His far superior option is playing out 2012 like a winner, producing results...then he MAY in fact get that money he wants.

I don't put the square of the blame on Mike personally here. 90% of this hold-out situation (if it does indeed turn to that...) is coming from the scumbag, dirtball agent. Its a shame, but thats more than likely what's going on.

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm with you on this one.
I think Wallace will do more self-damage by holding out than not holding out. His far superior option is playing out 2012 like a winner, producing results...then he MAY in fact get that money he wants.

I don't put the square of the blame on Mike personally here. 90% of this hold-out situation (if it does indeed turn to that...) is coming from the scumbag, dirtball agent. Its a shame, but thats more than likely what's going on.

I believe Wallace has already done damage, even when Hines "held out" the contract talks were civil, open, and ended quickly. Wallace has let his accolades go to his head, he hasn't figured out that the offense and the QB who got him to this point is the Steelers, I say let him try his luck elsewhere, lets see if he so successful elsewhere. If he hasn't noticed none of the big teams with a "decent" QB have passed on him, Good Luck Mike!!!!!!

TRH
04-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I believe Wallace has already done damage, even when Hines "held out" the contract talks were civil, open, and ended quickly. Wallace has let his accolades go to his head, he hasn't figured out that the offense and the QB who got him to this point is the Steelers, I say let him try his luck elsewhere, lets see if he so successful elsewhere. If he hasn't noticed none of the big teams with a "decent" QB have passed on him, Good Luck Mike!!!!!!

the funny thing is, the "accolades" he's received (so far) are really not that special. He's not in a Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, type of category. At least not yet. For some reason, he thinks he is.
From everything i've read, seen and studied about this, Mike is making the absolute wrong choice here. He needs to tell his agent to back off a little bit.

Curtain_of_Steel
more afraid of losing Cotchery than Wallace?

Yea, its apparent the other 31 teams valued Cotchery quite high as well.

Good supporting player, not even close to Wallaces replacement.

steeltheone
Ask Tonio about his stats with Sanchez...HEHE

Pentheon
04-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Glad to see hes stayin :)

zcoop
04-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Not saying his report in this instance is false, but I beg to differ. I always take anything he 'reports' with a grain of salt because he's more interested in attention than accuracy.

If it is indeed true, I wouldn't be surprised if Ward gets in his ear, considering that he mentioned at his retirement press conference that his one regret was holding out.

Holding out is not a bad thing, it's part of the game. The Steelers played their card (RFA), now Mike has to play whatever card he has. I'm an old Union man and can appreciate what's going on here. The company Yes Man, I'm not, nor am I the employee loyalist, I hope fairness wins out.

If the Steelers don't want to pony up money for the WR spot, then we get what we pay for. I don't know how we can expect top flight offense, without top talent on that side of the ball.

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 08:08 PM
the funny thing is, the "accolades" he's received (so far) are really not that special. He's not in a Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, type of category. At least not yet. For some reason, he thinks he is.
From everything i've read, seen and studied about this, Mike is making the absolute wrong choice here. He needs to tell his agent to back off a little bit.

Much agreed, he is playing "Russian Roulette" with his career at this point!

Curtain_of_Steel
04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Steelers, today do not have to ponyup anything more than the RFA tag. Union loyalist or not. Wallace doesn't have a card to play. Market has been set for him.

As far as "we get what we pay for"..If you think for one minute, Wallace will lay down and jog his routes because he isn't making the big bucks. Your nuts. Thats what a union worker would do because they feel they are protected by the union and cant be fired. Bottom line is, they rather walk a picket line than feed their family and cry how life isn't fair etc. . Good luck. Wallace will eventually have to show up, or its the same crap next year.
Players in that instance would police themselves, mainly Harrison and Woodley jacking his boney ass up and explaining how its going to be.

Steelers, today should make a point. Go to Brown, redo his deal now at a cap friendly number that pays him out nicely over the coming years. Slate Wallace at the RFA, and see what it goes for next year. They still own his ass for 2 more years with the tags. A speedy WR has only so long to earn the pay.

tony hipchest
04-11-2012, 08:33 PM
woodley and harrison arent gonna tell wallace jack shit, because they are sitting high on the $50 million hog. they dont have no room to talk.

and the rooneys arent gonna offer brown a bigger deal cause theyd just as soon do brown next year, the same way they are doing wallace, this year.

its a business.... not a fan league on paper with fairy tale endings.

Bayz101
04-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Awesome news!

Steelers5895
04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
when he got into the line up he had an impact. this guys finds the hole in the secondary. nice solid signing

Goldsteel86
04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
woodley and harrison arent gonna tell wallace jack shit, because they are sitting high on the $50 million hog. they dont have no room to talk.

and the rooneys arent gonna offer brown a bigger deal cause theyd just as soon do brown the same way they are doing wallace, next year.

Agreed Woodley won't say shit, he already re-structured his contract, Harrison doesn't care about anything except paying his fines. Wallace damn near has one foot in the grave in the Burgh, now I would like to hope that the Rooney's offer Brown a big contract, here's to hoping!!!!

NSMaster56
04-11-2012, 08:43 PM
A reliable (maybe cheap?) insurance policy.

What's not to like?

zcoop
04-11-2012, 08:45 PM

and the rooneys arent gonna offer brown a bigger deal cause theyd just as soon do brown next year, the same way they are doing wallace, this year.

You seem to get it, too bad the other guy doesn't. The door swings both ways.

Steel Peon
04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Nice........glad to have ya Cotch.

Steelersfan87
04-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Agreed Woodley won't say shit, he already re-structured his contract, Harrison doesn't care about anything except paying his fines. Wallace damn near has one foot in the grave in the Burgh, now I would like to hope that the Rooney's offer Brown a big contract, here's to hoping!!!!

Only in the minds of misguided fans. Everything that has been reported about Wallace so far is mere speculation.

mesaSteeler
04-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Wide receiver Cotchery, Steelers work out new two-year deal

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Steelers agreed to a two-year contract with Jerricho Cotchery on Wednesday, adding depth and experience to the team`s receiving corps.

Cotchery had visited the St. Louis Rams and Kansas City Chiefs this offseason but stayed true to his desire to play for the Steelers.

"Let me see ya towels!!! Thx to all!!! Happy to be back!!!" Cotchery wrote on his Twitter account.

Steelers free safety Ryan Clark congratulated his teammate, tweeting, "Welcome home brother!"

Terms of the deal were not known.

Cotchery gives the Steelers a solid and seasoned No. 4 receiver behind Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. The 6-foot-1, 200-pounder also provides insurance should the foot problems that hobbled Sanders last season persist or if Wallace signs elsewhere.

Wallace is a restricted free agent, but the Pro Bowler is almost sure to return to the Steelers for at least the 2012 season. Teams have until April 20 to sign Wallace to a contract, one the Steelers have a right to match.

Cotchery signed with the Steelers in August and overcame back and hamstring problems to catch 16 passes for 237 yards and two touchdowns. His role in the passing game increased as the season progressed and the Steelers phased out all-time leading receiver Hines Ward in favor of Cotchery.

Cotchery caught the only touchdown pass quarterback Ben Roethlisberger threw in a 29-23 loss at Denver in an AFC Wild Card playoff game in January. Cotchery, who spent the first seven seasons of his career with the New York Jets, turns 30 in June.

He is the second free agent the Steelers have signed in as many days. The team agreed to a one-year deal with tight end Leonard Pope on Tuesday.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Read more: Wide receiver Cotchery, Steelers work out new two-year deal - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_790896.html#ixzz1rnXlLaIV

Curtain_of_Steel
04-12-2012, 08:45 AM
The comment what "you get what you pay for." That implied that if Wallace received less money, he would perform as such. IF a player is not busting his ass on the Steelers every game. You can take it to the bank, the players will police themselves and get in the faces of the slackers.

I didn't mean to imply(nor do I think I did) the players would get in Wallaces faces prior to game/practice time or make comments during negotiations. That won't happen, but in uniform, game time, it won't be tolerated. Its not tolerated on any level of sports.

Goldsteel86
04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Only in the minds of misguided fans. Everything that has been reported about Wallace so far is mere speculation.

Tony HipChest seems to be spot on with his info, you may want to do your research. As far as misguided goes, you may want to take a look at the writing on the wall, two RFA signings and two FA signings it is evident, Tony may have hit a home run here

ricardisimo
04-12-2012, 11:55 AM
If it's true, his agent can't do basic math. What would he be holding out for? A long-term contract? He can make double what the Steelers can afford from some other team if he just signs the tender and waits a year. The flip side to that is that the Steelers should go ahead and sign him to a long-term deal. It'll be peanuts compared to what Snyder will give him next year.

Goldsteel86
04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
If it's true, his agent can't do basic math. What would he be holding out for? A long-term contract? He can make double what the Steelers can afford from some other team if he just signs the tender and waits a year. The flip side to that is that the Steelers should go ahead and sign him to a long-term deal. It'll be peanuts compared to what Snyder will give him next year.

Agreed, I think he may need to fire his agent, he is getting real bad advice, the FO has said they want to sign him to a long-term deal. He seems to be misguided, it may soon be his loss, if he leaves the Steelers he may never see a SB again, especially with Snyder, just my opinion!

Bayz101
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
The train is leaving the tracks :chuckle:

It's funny how every thread about free-agency this off-season brings up Wallace in some way.

MACH1
04-12-2012, 12:02 PM

It's funny how every thread about free-agency this off-season brings up Wallace in some way.

Yup...Then people get butt hurt cause there aren't 75 other threads about the same thing clogging up the forum.

Goldsteel86
04-12-2012, 12:03 PM

Well, Wallace is the hot commodity for the Steelers this off-season, I believe the Steeler faithful had the mind set with the personnel that were released and retired that Wallace would do his part and sign a deal. It is disheartening that he has acted or has been guided down the path he has chosen thus far! :doh:

kan_t
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Well I surely wouldn't compare Wallace to Hines, Hines had loyalty to the orginization (It was evident he retired as a Steeler rather than playing elsewhere)
1) I'm glad you think that Ward had loyalty when he held out at that time.

2) At this stage Wallace has not retired yet so I give you credits for knowing the difference between Ward's hold out and Wallace's hold out (If Wallace actually did that).

Goldsteel86
04-12-2012, 12:38 PM
1) I'm glad you think that Ward had loyalty when he held out at that time.

2) At this stage Wallace has not retired yet so I give you credits for knowing the difference between Ward's hold out and Wallace's hold out (If Wallace actually did that).

1) Tell me what you call it, did Ward say he wanted Larry Fitzgerald money to stay in Pittsburgh?

2) The difference is Ward (like his holdout or not) was a proven commodity SB MVP (to be exact) Wallace only knows how to show up for half a season, so I know you are behind the times in Hong Kong, however, I am sure they have internet there do your research.

kan_t
04-12-2012, 12:54 PM
1) Tell me what you call it, did Ward say he wanted Larry Fitzgerald money to stay in Pittsburgh?

2) The difference is Ward (like his holdout or not) was a proven commodity SB MVP (to be exact) Wallace only knows how to show up for half a season, so I know you are behind the times in Hong Kong, however, I am sure they have internet there do your research.
1) Tell me when did Wallace say he wanted Larry Fitzgerald money to stay in Pittsburgh.

2) Hard to not give you more credits as you know that he's a proven commodity SB MVP when he held out the first two weeks of training camp in 2005. I only know that Ward was named MVP in Super Bowl XL on 5th February, 2006.

Btw Hong Kong is ahead of US time. So good to know that you're in Australia or some places like Fiji. Steelers fan is everywhere.

Steelersfan87
04-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Tony HipChest seems to be spot on with his info, you may want to do your research. As far as misguided goes, you may want to take a look at the writing on the wall, two RFA signings and two FA signings it is evident, Tony may have hit a home run here

Adam Schefter is the source. Tony is quoting him. That doesn't mean Schefter is right. And even if he is, it doesn't matter and most likely won't affect anything. It's more likely that the team agrees to a long-term deal with him by the start of the regular season than it is for him to hold out into the season. There's also absolutely nothing to read into the Steelers signing Pope, Cotchery, and Essex, as it in no way prevents them from signing Wallace to a long-term deal. As Colbert has said numerous times, there are several moves that they can make if necessary to get a large contract under the salary cap.

Goldsteel86
04-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Adam Schefter is the source. Tony is quoting him. That doesn't mean Schefter is right. And even if he is, it doesn't matter and most likely won't affect anything. It's more likely that the team agrees to a long-term deal with him by the start of the regular season than it is for him to hold out into the season. There's also absolutely nothing to read into the Steelers signing Pope, Cotchery, and Essex, as it in no way prevents them from signing Wallace to a long-term deal. As Colbert has said numerous times, there are several moves that they can make if necessary to get a large contract under the salary cap.

Make several moves, maybe trade Roethlisberger, cut Woodley and Polamalu (sarcasm), yeah the moves that can be made are limited, if I were a chess player, I would say the moves are down to "Check" with the "Mate" soon to follow.

Steelersfan87
04-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah...clearly you don't understand much about salaries and the cap. They also have enough expendable pieces for a quick $1M like Jonathan Scott and Will Allen if they needed to do so. Just because they haven't done things yet doesn't mean they can't. There's just no reason to take that action unless you need to. They can also still restructure the contracts of Polamalu and Harrison if need be. The recent moves have only affected the Rule of 51 cap hit less than $2M anyway, according to Steelers Depot.

Rick5895
04-13-2012, 06:47 AM
I am glad Cotchery is back, it gives us that much more depth and room to deal with Wallace, it doesn't prematurely force the Steelers hand. Wallace needs to be very careful, once April 20 passes by no other team can negotiate with him and then once we get to June 15, the Steelers can reduce the tender to 110% of his last seasons salary, which would put Mikey in the 500-600 k range for the upcoming season. All this talk on the internet from the so called sports guys like Lacanfora and Schefter say his agent is asking for "Fitzgerald" money and that talks with the Steelers aren't going well is just speculation.
As I said before in the "Wallace thread" if he wants to be a Steeler he will be if he doesnt he will play out the string and go somewhere else.

After all that ........welcome back Cotch, I am looking forward to a 50 catch season from you.

Goldsteel86
04-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I am glad Cotchery is back, it gives us that much more depth and room to deal with Wallace, it doesn't prematurely force the Steelers hand. Wallace needs to be very careful, once April 20 passes by no other team can negotiate with him and then once we get to June 15, the Steelers can reduce the tender to 110% of his last seasons salary, which would put Mikey in the 500-600 k range for the upcoming season. All this talk on the internet from the so called sports guys like Lacanfora and Schefter say his agent is asking for "Fitzgerald" money and that talks with the Steelers aren't going well is just speculation.
As I said before in the "Wallace thread" if he wants to be a Steeler he will be if he doesnt he will play out the string and go somewhere else.

After all that ........welcome back Cotch, I am looking forward to a 50 catch season from you.

Agree with you, welcome back Jericho, now on the flip side, talks aren't going well if they were he would have been signed, I truly believe he thinks his stock is on the high end. Here's what's scary, if Brown and Sanders emmulate his actions it may be a rough off-season next year, the Steelers (IMO) are poised to have a big season, I would lock up Brown for the long term, Sanders if healthy would get the offer he deserves, but Wallace's actions thus far are pitiful, the Steelers have parted ways with other "Big" receivers before, only one has raised the Lombardi Trophy, good luck with your odds Wallace.