PDA

View Full Version : What scares me about Dontari Poe

RuHappy69
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Physically the guy is off the charts, size, strength and athleticism. So based on the measurable why didn't he dominate for Memphis especially in a terrible conference. You can argue the coaching changes and that he was probably double and triple teamed but shouldn't his lack of dominance be a concern?

tony hipchest
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
you are not alone. they are a huge concern amongst many, wghich is why he is supposedly slipping back down draft boards.

Steeldude
04-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I would rather have Chapman

Fire Arians
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
agree, in a weaker conference, it shouldn't matter if his coaches sucked. based off physical talent he should have shown a lot of flashes regardless, but he didnt.

Rick5895
04-13-2012, 05:29 AM
He will still be drafted long before he gets to #24. The lowest I have seen him go recently in mocks is 15 to Philly.
My hope is for us to draft Hightower and if a NT/DT is the pick I hope it's Worthy from Michigan State. Any game i watched of State last season , Worthy was dominant, high motor and very quick.

Kingmagyar
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah thinking outside the box Worthy is a good possible NT along with another guy Brandon Thompson from Clemson

stiller39
04-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Poe could be the Ghoulton of this draft... a workout warrior that didn' t carryover to his play on the field. I think there is more emphasis on the tape than on his Combine workouts...

Steel_Bus_24
04-13-2012, 02:56 PM
He will still be drafted long before he gets to #24. The lowest I have seen him go recently in mocks is 15 to Philly.
My hope is for us to draft Hightower and if a NT/DT is the pick I hope it's Worthy from Michigan State. Any game i watched of State last season , Worthy was dominant, high motor and very quick.

yeah, That dude stood out to me too....

Thats who Im hoping for in the 1st Round

Hightower or Worthy

Heinz Hitman
04-14-2012, 06:18 PM
I hope we grab Alameda Ta'amu in the 2nd round. He would be a nice future NT for us. There is a chance Poe is the next Gholston. Hopefully our gang does their homework.

steel-EERS
04-16-2012, 07:30 PM
I hope we grab Alameda Ta'amu in the 2nd round. He would be a nice future NT for us. There is a chance Poe is the next Gholston. Hopefully our gang does their homework.

like Ta'amu as well, I would take another Joel Steed clone, maybe not quite Casey but good enough to hold fort for 6-8 years.

TRH
04-16-2012, 09:48 PM
He'll be gone LOOOOONG before its our turn. Most experts have him going 15 or so at the worst, maybe in the top 10

TRH
04-16-2012, 09:49 PM

I hope we get Hightower too. That dude is a monster...a born Steeler. They were talking today on ESPN about how he IS a Steeler through and through.

Fire Arians
04-16-2012, 09:50 PM

yeah im hoping ta'amu or mike martin