PDA

View Full Version : OL Doug Legursky signs 1 year deal with...

tony hipchest
04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
....steelers! :getdown:

we're movers and shakers in this free agency business!

Scott Brown ‏ @ScottBrown_Trib

Doug Legursky has signed his one-year tender, per agent David Rich.

Bayz101
04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Your quick, almost posted this as soon as I seen it on twitter, lol.

Goldsteel86
04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
....steelers! :getdown:

we're movers and shakers in this free agency business!

Scott Brown ‏ @ScottBrown_Trib

Doug Legursky has signed his one-year tender, per agent David Rich.

Tony, you are the man, just quoted your accuracy in another thread on here, once again accurate. I appreciate the news!!!! :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::hatsoff:

Fire Arians
04-12-2012, 12:38 PM
i like legursky, was hoping he'd get a multi year deal but ill take it

Millers the sh!t
04-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I agree with ya Fire Arians. I'm also a fan of Legursky and was hoping for more than a one year signing.

wera176
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe we'll see him line up as a FB more often? I love seeing that, something primal or scary about a big man like that running downhill at a linebacker!

Heinz Hitman
04-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I like him as well. Nice versatile back-up and good spot starter.

FrancoLambert
04-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Nice versatile back-up, can fill in at G and C.
I like Legursky but the problem remains.
Aside from Pouncey our O-line is a bunch of "good" back-ups.
The draft needs to address this issue..

Steelersfan87
04-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Why do so many people seem to have little faith in Marcus Gilbert? I can understand Colon because he's only played one game in two years, but Gilbert performed well above the line as a rookie that wasn't supposed to start. I have full confidence in his ability to be the left tackle of the Steelers for the next decade. I have no concerns about Colon's abilities either, only his health. For that matter, I'm perfectly content with Ramon Foster at RG if the Steelers find a new LG. The key is for the line to stay healthy. Everybody missed games last year because of injuries (except Foster I think).

Rick5895
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Why do so many people seem to have little faith in Marcus Gilbert? I can understand Colon because he's only played one game in two years, but Gilbert performed well above the line as a rookie that wasn't supposed to start. I have full confidence in his ability to be the left tackle of the Steelers for the next decade. I have no concerns about Colon's abilities either, only his health. For that matter, I'm perfectly content with Ramon Foster at RG if the Steelers find a new LG. The key is for the line to stay healthy. Everybody missed games last year because of injuries (except Foster I think).

I agree. Gilbert will be a fixture for us, just like Marvel Smith was. Probably will be better in the long run. I can see Gilbert playing in at least 1 pro bowl. If Colon can stay healthy he will be a good RT. This is a good OG draft and we should be able to get a good one in the 3rd round.

ricardisimo
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
I agree. Gilbert will be a fixture for us, just like Marvel Smith was. Probably will be better in the long run. I can see Gilbert playing in at least 1 pro bowl. If Colon can stay healthy he will be a good RT. This is a good OG draft and we should be able to get a good one in the 3rd round.
Please no. Not in the third. At least another 2nd-rounder.

Steelersfan87
04-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I trust Kevin Colbert's analysis that the guard talent in this draft is at least three rounds deep.

Dalarin
04-16-2012, 06:50 AM
I trust Kevin Colbert's analysis that the guard talent in this draft is at least three rounds deep.

Brandon Washington is the only guard Id take in the 3rd if I want an eventual starter. I don't expect him be available by our pick though and I don't like the idea of using a 2nd rounder on him with some of the guys that should be available. First or second rounds we need to address our weakest link