PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center

HometownGal
07-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Oliver Stone is coming out with a movie on August 9th centered around the story of the NYC Port Authority Police's experiences on September 11th at the WTC. Nicholas Cage stars in this film. Another 911 movie, Flight 93, has already been at the box office - I've seen that movie myself and was so deeply moved by the efforts of the passengers to take over the plane and try to divert it away from disaster.

I have read comments where people feel it may be too soon to come out with 911 movies - how do you feel? Personally, I feel that 911 is an important part of American history though it was such a terrible tragedy that all of us as Americans felt and still feel to this day to the very core of our souls, and with that said, I do plan to go to see it at the theatre.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/02/movies/02halb.html?ei=5088&en=7cc99c917d69db71&ex=1309492800&adxnnl=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1153318380-Zjd9IMIvpSJkiZUWpzdd3w

83-Steelers-43
07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
As long as the story is told correctly and in good taste minus the typical Hollywood liberal spin and forced agenda's, I will go see it. At this point I can't help but think of Fahrenheit 911 when it comes to Hollywood and movies that deal with political issues.

Big D
07-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I saw the movie flight 93 on history channel or some other cable station. It wasnt the one with cage but it was a good movie. I agree with 83 is long as the facts are straight it will be a good movie

SteelCityMan786
07-19-2006, 01:01 PM
It's a good time to come out with 911 movies. Farenheit 911 should have been banned from all movie theatres. All it was used for was to bash bush that was all. There was no real purpose for it in my opinion. It was just an excuse for everybody to waste their well earned/given to them cash to see a movie.

CAH
07-19-2006, 01:22 PM
It's a movie that should be viewed by all if they film it accurately. We must NEVER forget 9/11.

The ACLU succeeded it keeping the event being shown too often. :rolleyes:

I have two words for the ACLU and they are the same two words I'd use for the U.N.

bcolton82
07-19-2006, 03:02 PM
How can they possibly film it accurately or correctly when we as American citizens have never been told the truth? I'm not gonna dive into conspiracy theories or anything, especially since it seems like most people have no time to even hear an alternate possibility. But I will be humbled forever by the many mysteries of 9/11 if just one person can tell me that they have seen either of the commercial airplanes that crashed into the fields of Pennsylvania or the Pentagon.

The Pentagon especially, as there definitely has to exist video footage of whatever hit that building. It is one of the most secure buildings on American soil, every inch of the interior of the building is under constant video surveillance. There are also video cameras every 30 feet surrounding the perimeter of that building. Since the airplanes wingspan was around 120 feet, I think it's reasonable to assume that at least 4 outside cameras captured that airplane coming in towards the Pentagon.

Either way, just like JFK, the American people will never know, because most don't care or refuse to believe any explanation that didn't come from the government, and the rest that do question will be labeled Anti-American or Conspiracy Theorists or just Crazy!

RIP Hunter S Thompson

Koopa
07-19-2006, 03:17 PM
they should've released it on 9/11 lol, i won't watch the movie cause cage to me is the worse actor in the history of movies.......well maybe not that bad be he sucks ass imo.

83-Steelers-43
07-19-2006, 03:29 PM
i won't watch the movie cause cage to me is the worse actor in the history of movies.......well maybe not that bad be he sucks ass imo.

I'm also not a Cage fan. Although I ordered "National Treasure" last night on ON DEMAND and it wasn't a bad movie.

Jeremy
07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
As an active duty Airman it makes me a little sick when I see someone wanting to ban a movie in America. We're out here fighting for everyone's right to be heard. Not just the people you want to be heard.

bcolton82
07-19-2006, 04:47 PM
As an active duty Airman it makes me a little sick when I see someone wanting to ban a movie in America. We're out here fighting for everyone's right to be heard. Not just the people you want to be heard.

I have mad respect for anybody fighting for my freedom!!!

Koopa
07-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I have mad respect for anybody fighting for my freedom!!!

i too have respect for anyone in the military, but ummmmm.....our freedom has never been in jeperody, so no one is actually fighting for your freedom

and 83, i will admit i did like that movie too, didn't think i would cause cage was in it, but i was at my friends and he put it on made everyone watch it and i didn't think it was half bad

CAH
07-19-2006, 06:44 PM
How can they possibly film it accurately or correctly when we as American citizens have never been told the truth? I'm not gonna dive into conspiracy theories or anything, especially since it seems like most people have no time to even hear an alternate possibility. But I will be humbled forever by the many mysteries of 9/11 if just one person can tell me that they have seen either of the commercial airplanes that crashed into the fields of Pennsylvania or the Pentagon.
Maybe you have to ask all the families of the victims, flying on that plane. Let's see. The government killed all the relatives. The people who had the bookings of that flight invented the list of people. How many agents had to be wiped out b/c they eliminated the so-called victims? How many people were now involved in handling that one flight? Mutiply that by 4 and you'll see how many people were involved and that doesn't take in the government bigwigs.

Hundreds of people must now keep the secret. Tell me how that could be done?

The Pentagon especially, as there definitely has to exist video footage of whatever hit that building. It is one of the most secure buildings on American soil, every inch of the interior of the building is under constant video surveillance. There are also video cameras every 30 feet surrounding the perimeter of that building. Since the airplanes wingspan was around 120 feet, I think it's reasonable to assume that at least 4 outside cameras captured that airplane coming in towards the Pentagon.
There were only about 150 people who witnessed it. I'll bet most of them could identify a passenger Jet. At least one man was so close he said. "I could passengers in the windows." Bet the relatives of the passengers could account for the loss of a loved one. Did the government eliminate them and in this case, they would have to locate and bump off all of the witnesses.

Your story is full of holes. No secret can be kept by so many people b/c they would end up writing books about it. If you think the Democrats would go along with that secret if they knew they could bury Bush?

floodcitygirl
07-19-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure but I think I saw an interview about this movie...with a NYC cop. Some of it was based on his experience on 9/11. The interview had the cop and his wife and the actors who portrayed them. They were very positive about their feelings on the finished product....made me interested in seeing it.

MattsMe
07-19-2006, 09:03 PM
As long as the story is told correctly and in good taste minus the typical Hollywood liberal spin and forced agenda's

Hmm...with Oliver Stone involved? Not likely.

HometownGal
07-20-2006, 09:19 AM
In the linked article, it states that Will Jimino, one of the surviving Port Authority officers, is on the set almost daily offering suggestions and consulting with Oliver Stone.

silver & black
07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
As long as the story is told correctly and in good taste minus the typical Hollywood liberal spin and forced agenda's, I will go see it. At this point I can't help but think of Fahrenheit 911 when it comes to Hollywood and movies that deal with political issues.

I agree. I doubt that it will be devoid of liberal spins and twists... Hollywood is way too liberal to make a factual, true account of what happened on 9/11 without promoting their own agenda.:rolleyes:

Lyn
07-20-2006, 01:00 PM

Either way, just like JFK, the American people will never know, because most don't care or refuse to believe any explanation that didn't come from the government, and the rest that do question will be labeled Anti-American or Conspiracy Theorists or just Crazy!

RIP Hunter S Thompson

What you say is definitely a serious consideration. Friends of mine were in that God awful attack. Ther are still some serious wounds. It would have to be very tastefully done.

Hammer67
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM

RIP Hunter S Thompson

I think conspiracy theories and people who support them are rather paranoid. There is never any proof. Most of their arguments are based on assumptions. On one hand someone may complain that the government is incompetent and can't do anything right, and botch intelligence, etc. Then, in the next breath, speak of vast conspiracies that require unimaginable levels of coordination and stealth.

It doesn't make sense. With today's investigative journalism, things will slip.

They said the same things about Roosevelt knowing about Pearl Harbor ahead of time and wanting it to happen to rile up the nation and force us into WW2. Total BS.
It's also like the president of Iran saying that the Holocaust didn't exist and that it is a part of a huge Jewish conspiracy.

Sometimes things just happen, man. I am not saying don't question, just don't get paranoid and believe what people say on some slanted blog somewhere. The US is far from being the worlds biggest bad guy nation.

And I agree, RIP Hunter S. Thompson?.but he did do a ton of acid.

Hammer67
07-20-2006, 01:04 PM
As for if it's the right time? What?

Anyone who says something like "It's too soon" or "It isn't the right time" is full of shit.

"Too soon" compared to what? How does he/she know what "too soon" is?

People ****ing kill me sometimes. :dang: :rolleyes:

It's history man!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
It's a good time to come out with 911 movies. Farenheit 911 should have been banned from all movie theatres. All it was used for was to bash bush that was all. There was no real purpose for it in my opinion. It was just an excuse for everybody to waste their well earned/given to them cash to see a movie.

I for one am ready for these movies...1) I dont want to forget what I felt on that day..2) I want my kids to have a notion of what I felt..of what their grandparents felt when Kennedy was shot..of what their great-grandparents felt when Pearl Harbor was bombed. To take those emotions and the sense of violation out of the equation is to not understand what happened to the U.S.

Moore used our local paper as "evidence" on how the nation percieved Bush...unfortuantly he took a small letter to the editor..cut & copied a sentence...and pasted it as a headline. Our paper sued him $1 for misrepresentation..(For the principle of the matter)...His movie is based on lies and purposeful misinformation. (Regardless of which side of the aisle you choose to sit on...at least have the ethics to base your "facts" on the truth)

CAH
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I think conspiracy theories and people who support them are rather paranoid. There is never any proof. Most of their arguments are based on assumptions. On one hand someone may complain that the government is incompetent and can't do anything right, and botch intelligence, etc. Then, in the next breath, speak of vast conspiracies that require unimaginable levels of coordination and stealth.

It doesn't make sense. With today's investigative journalism, things will slip.

They said the same things about Roosevelt knowing about Pearl Harbor ahead of time and wanting it to happen to rile up the nation and force us into WW2. Total BS.

It's also like the president of Iran saying that the Holocaust didn't exist and that it is a part of a huge Jewish conspiracy.

Sometimes things just happen, man. I am not saying don't question, just don't get paranoid and believe what people say on some slanted blog somewhere. The US is far from being the worlds biggest bad guy nation.

And I agree, RIP Hunter S. Thompson?.but he did do a ton of acid.
Seems no matter what you say, there are people who will always come up with off the wall theories just to recall their youth, reading fairy tales.

Good post.

bcolton82
07-22-2006, 02:31 PM
look, i stated clearly i'm not diving into conspiracy theories...

BUT....

WHERE IS THE ****ING AIRPLANE???

You've never seen it, your mom has never seen it, your best friends neighbors girlfriends uncle has never seen the plane......WHERE'S THE PLANE???

LOL...this is not some half assed conspiracy theory i read on some blog...it's a VERY LOGICAL QUESTION that NOBODY seems to have the ANSWER for!!! And, for anybody who does seem to cling to any conspiracy theory they have heard, they should be focusing on this one question, as it holds more weight than any other i've heard, and i've heard a bunch!

Most of the witnesses conflict each other as to what they saw, some saw a jumbo jet, others saw a small single pilot aircraft........BUT....

I dont' care what they saw, I want to see the video surveillance that the PENTAGON DEFINITELY CAPTURED on 9/11.

No conspiracy theory, just a simple question!!!

HometownGal
07-22-2006, 03:01 PM

BUT....

You've never seen it, your mom has never seen it, your best friends neighbors girlfriends uncle has never seen the plane......WHERE'S THE PLANE???

LOL...this is not some half assed conspiracy theory i read on some blog...it's a VERY LOGICAL QUESTION that NOBODY seems to have the ANSWER for!!! And, for anybody who does seem to cling to any conspiracy theory they have heard, they should be focusing on this one question, as it holds more weight than any other i've heard, and i've heard a bunch!

Most of the witnesses conflict each other as to what they saw, some saw a jumbo jet, others saw a small single pilot aircraft........BUT....

I dont' care what they saw, I want to see the video surveillance that the PENTAGON DEFINITELY CAPTURED on 9/11.

Where is the plane? Burned and charred into a bazillion pieces, as an airliner containing thousands of gallons of jet fuel would be.

Here is an article from CNN which answers your questions and I have provided the link to the videos released by the Justice Department on May 16, 2006 directly from the Pentagon surveillance cameras. I hope this now quells the "conspiracy theory" surrounding Flight 77.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/16/pentagon.video/index.html

Videos:

http://judicialwatch.org/flight77.shtml

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-22-2006, 03:29 PM

BUT....

Based on your logic...there is also no Antartica, Mt Everest , or a sober Irishman...since nobody I know has seen them...they MUST not exist.

Hammer67
07-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Where is the plane? Burned and charred into a bazillion pieces, as an airliner containing thousands of gallons of jet fuel would be.

Here is an article from CNN which answers your questions and I have provided the link to the videos released by the Justice Department on May 16, 2006 directly from the Pentagon surveillance cameras. I hope this now quells the "conspiracy theory" surrounding Flight 77.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/16/pentagon.video/index.html

Videos:

http://judicialwatch.org/flight77.shtml

Simple question answered....nice post.

HometownGal
07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Based on your logic...there is also no Antartica, Mt Everest , or a sober Irishman...since nobody I know has seen them...they MUST not exist.

Yes, but Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy do exist - just ask your kids or grandkids. :cool:

Based on the previews that have been running on the air, I am really looking forward to this movie. It is a part of American history that we will never forget because on that day, no matter what color, gender or faith we all are, we unified as a family and felt the horror, anguish, pain and suffering that all of those who died and their families felt, even though we may have never met them personally.

That being said, I hope the bastards who committed these atrocities are burning in hell.