PDA

View Full Version : If Coby Fleener is available when the Steelers pick

steeltheone
04-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Can we pass on that much talent, with the other needs we have?

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes, considering that some dont even think of him as a 1st round talent, but rather a top of the 2nd type guy.
Jon Carlson kind of TE.

Kingmagyar
04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Trade down with the Giants or Colts and let them move up to take him, then we pick Kevin Zeitler and get an extra late 2nd or 3rd round pick. Giving us 4 in the top 3 rounds. So we can draft what we really need on this team like a G, NT, ILB, OT, CB, S, RB, WR everything but a TE who can't block and won't get thrown the ball that much.

NSMaster56
04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't know who Coby Fleener is, but I say 'pass'.

I say this because I believe that sometimes there is 'something in a name' and I can't imagine an announcer saying, 'Another great play by Fleener!'

casteeler
04-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Lucks favorite target from Stanford

bac151rum
04-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Don't believe TE is even on our draft board. He if was a top 15 pick and he fell to us that would be a different story, but no one even has him rated as a mid 1st round prospect. It would be a reach for a position of, well, not much need. Might as well draft Brandon Weedon there. (don't laugh. I saw a mock with the Steelers taking Weedon in the first, and it wasn't even trying to be funny)

Fire Arians
04-12-2012, 10:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Estimatedprophet/do-not-want-dog.jpg

why?

We are not the patriots, nor should we try to be like them. They run a double TE formation because they have stud TE's and shitty receivers other than welker. even he's able to be shut down by a decent corner.

we have 4 receivers that are all threats, and heath miller. where on the field do we have room for a 2nd tight end? Fleener doesn't have the talent level of a gronk or hernandez anyway, I'd be pissed if we wasted #24 on him and passed up a good o-line or d-line prospect.

tony hipchest
04-13-2012, 12:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Estimatedprophet/do-not-want-dog.jpg

why?

We are not the patriots, nor should we try to be like them. They run a double TE formation because they have stud TE's and shitty receivers other than welker. even he's able to be shut down by a decent corner.

we have 4 receivers that are all threats, and heath miller. where on the field do we have room for a 2nd tight end? Fleener doesn't have the talent level of a gronk or hernandez anyway, I'd be pissed if we wasted #24 on him and passed up a good o-line or d-line prospect.

this^^^

if theres one guy who hugs on the nuts of whatever the patriots have done a year or 2 prior, it is bruce arians.

trade the pick to him for this and next years 2nd, plus an extra 3rd.

pete74
04-13-2012, 04:44 AM
if we lose Wallace and get a 1st round pick in return then i would take Fleener in a second. he is a tall TE with hands like a WR. with that said i would pass if we dont lose wallace and get that extra pick because we have other more important needs

Steelers5895
04-13-2012, 09:50 AM
pass

Goldsteel86
04-13-2012, 09:55 AM
UMMMMMM, thinking, wait for it, its , well hell no!!!! OL or ILB that's where the teams needs to address unless there is a stud CB or WR this low, OT Mike Adams or ILB Hightower, not in that specific order would suit me fine. What kind of message would the draft pick send?:coffee:

SteelersFan99
04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
What's Up Steelers Faithful????

Less than two weeks until the NFL Draft!! I can't wait!

Do you think we go with Hightower? Everyone seems to think so. He would be a huge upgrade and the next Steelers MLB.

I wonder if we go offensive line. Maybe Mike Adams? I wonder if Upshaw slides to us? He is slipping and would be a great replacement for Harrison down the road.

The guys at http://www.sportsmasher.com released a new (version 4.0) mock draft today. Really detailed and interesting stuff. They have us taking Upshaw.

Check it out -

http://sportsmasher.com/nfl-mock-draft-version-4-0/

GO STEELERS!!!!

:drink::tt03::drink:

stiller39
04-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Stillers will take the best player available at a position of need not counting a QB.... I gaurantee it wont be a tight end....

FrancoLambert
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
If he's a stud O-lineman take him, since he's not, say "who?"

Fire Arians
04-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Stillers will take the best player available at a position of need not counting a QB.... I gaurantee it wont be a tight end....

well if andrew luck somehow dropped to 24 there'd be a 99% chance we'd take him. shit i would :chuckle:

of course it'll never happen but I believe the year we picked ben, we weren't in the market for a qb. he just dropped lower than everyone thought and we took the best player left

Hawaii 5-0
04-14-2012, 06:06 PM
yes, Coby Fleener will be available when the Steelers pick and no we won't select him.

we have much bigger needs at other positions such as ILB, NT and on the OL.

besides, we still have DJ Johnson...:laughing:

Heinz Hitman
04-14-2012, 07:14 PM
If we draft Fleener in the first I will burn down my Steelers room. TE should not even be drafted in this draft. Not a position of need. With Heath, Pope, Saunders, and DJ where would one fit in?

Men of Steel
04-16-2012, 04:46 PM
well if andrew luck somehow dropped to 24 there'd be a 99% chance we'd take him. shit i would :chuckle:

of course it'll never happen but I believe the year we picked ben, we weren't in the market for a qb. he just dropped lower than everyone thought and we took the best player left

we werent in the market for a QB?

because old man maddox was the long term answer at the time?

yea right.....

manning and rivers were valued higher, ben slipped a little though, but not really much. i was surprised we took the qb, because i myself thought we werent in the market either, but we obvioiusly were.

if he was on the steelers draft board and his position was QB, then yes, we were in the market for the QB.

Men of Steel
04-16-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't know who Coby Fleener is, but I say 'pass'.

I say this because I believe that sometimes there is 'something in a name' and I can't imagine an announcer saying, 'Another great play by Fleener!'

i agree with you... somewhat.

i mean i think the same about the names, but then i think about troy barely arriving even in the college scene.

u think anyone was thinking of a broadcaster saying " what an amazing play by polamalu!" at the time?

hell, they probly couldnt even pronounce his name. but look how that turned out :chuckle:

pete74
04-16-2012, 07:46 PM
i actually wouldnt be surprised if we took Fleener and i definatly wouldnt be disappointed. i think offensive line is a bigger need but i trust Colbert and wouldnt complain once if he choose Fleener. plus i think he will be the next Gronk

Steelersfan87
04-22-2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82882e3f/article/scout-te-coby-fleener-might-be-the-most-overrated-in-draft?module=HP11_headline_stack