PDA

View Full Version : Max Starks

tanda10506
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Any word on Starks? Is he going to be ready ready to play game 1? I know some people think we should let him go, but he played great this year and the line was terrible without him. Even if he doesn't start, at the price he comes at, it's a no brainer to keep him.

stb_steeler
04-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Wasnt he let go?

Steelersfan87
04-13-2012, 09:31 PM
No, he only signed a one year deal, so he's a free agent.

Lord of Lombardi
04-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Pens blow, I just had to say that to someone. Never been more embarrassed as a fan.

stb_steeler
04-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Pens blow, I just had to say that to someone. Never been more embarrassed as a fan.

Try living around Filthadelphia Flyers fans..... Their arrogant just like their so called Eaglet fans.....:mad:

Hawaii 5-0
04-14-2012, 05:36 PM

allowing two short-handed goals last game and 12 goals in two home games is not a good thing but it is a 7-game series, we'll now see what we're made of.

Go Pens!

Lord of Lombardi
04-15-2012, 07:04 PM
allowing two short-handed goals last game and 12 goals in two home games is not a good thing but it is a 7-game series, we'll now see what we're made of.

Go Pens!

How does 3 more power play goals and 2 more shorties ring your bell? Down 0-3 please end this misery Filthadelphia!!!! Coach has no clue when a goalie does not have it. All skaters quit on us fans! Too much talent to get out of their own way. Selfish play, the whole lot of em.

Come on September....

Rick5895
04-15-2012, 07:34 PM
How does 3 more power play goals and 2 more shorties ring your bell? Down 0-3 please end this misery Filthadelphia!!!! Coach has no clue when a goalie does not have it. All skaters quit on us fans! Too much talent to get out of their own way. Selfish play, the whole lot of em.

Come on September....

Very undisciplined. Asham and probably Neal will get at least 1 game suspensions.

Hawaii 5-0
04-15-2012, 09:34 PM

Come on September....

2nd straight game we've given up 8 goals, you can't expect to win thinking you need to score 9 times...

tanda10506
04-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Well I lost track of this thread and now that I'm back I see I got totally thread jacked lol. Anyway, does anybody know Starks' current position and what we are expected to do with him? I've done a lot of searching but everything is from when we cut and resigned him last year.

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Well I lost track of this thread and now that I'm back I see I got totally thread jacked lol. Anyway, does anybody know Starks' current position and what we are expected to do with him? I've done a lot of searching but everything is from when we cut and resigned him last year.

Max Starks is currently an UFA and not listed on the Steelers roster and now with the selection of Mike Adams it is highly unlikely that we will try to re-sign him.

tanda10506
04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
They better keep him. Colon has injury problems and Gilbert is still a bit unproven, we don't need our backup tackles being a rookie (well maybe depending how good he turns out) and Johnathan Scott the worst tackle to ever start a game.

Steelerfreak58
04-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Starks did a hell of a job coming in off the couch. I say pick him up for vet minimum as a back up and let his knee recover. We were lucky to get him back and when he came back he did more then just fill in he excelled back at LT.

tanda10506
04-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Exactly, he played great. Suggs was a non factor the 2nd Baltimore game, he owned our backfield game 1.

Fire Arians
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM
cut scott and use that money to sign starks as a backup lol.

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2012, 12:56 AM
cut scott and use that money to sign starks as a backup lol.

I'm sure the Steelers have Max Starks on speed dial, but he's still recovering from knee surgery and most likely wouldn't be able to pass a physical right now.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Say bye to Starks. Have better young options on the roster and Essex to backup.

67 calsteel
04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Heard (can't remember we i heard or say it)that Starks rehab is going well and he think he might be ready for preseason.GOODBYE SCOTT sign starks to a two year deal at about 2million a season no sighing bonus

Curtain_of_Steel
04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Who?lol

Not unless we cut some of the other dead beats. Than agin, Willie will probably get hurt eating breakfast at the buffet line on day 1, so we will have an opening for someone shortly.

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Then again, Willie will probably get hurt eating breakfast at the buffet line on day 1

:grin:

Hawaii 5-0
06-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Max Starks Almost Back To 100%?

Friday, June 29th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

If you have been reading the site all off-season you know that I have been keeping close tabs on the ACL rehab of free agent tackle Max Starks. It has been a few weeks now, but Starks has made sure to give updates every few weeks of his progress after tearing the ACL in his right knee in the Steelers AFC Wild Card game.

Friday Starks tweeted that he generated peak force during his squat workout today and that he is feeling close to normal again. He also posted that he is back on the practice field doing his first true pass sets and that it feels good to almost be back at 100%. I asked Starks this past Wednesday via Twitter how the knee was coming along and if he thought that he would be ready by the time training camp started and he replied, "I believe so, but it takes more than just me to believe it."

This is certainly good news and Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert let it be known two weeks ago that he is open to bringing back the Steelers 2004 third round pick during an interview on 105 The X. "He knows that it's a possibility that we could bring him back, and first and foremost for Max and his career, he has to make sure that he's healthy," said Colbert. And that was our message to him is 'Max, there's no hurry for you to come back and to do this right away. We can start and see where things go.' We'll continue to be in touch with him throughout the spring."

Starks has said in previous interviews this off-season that he has every intention of playing in 2012 and that he hopes it is back in Pittsburgh. Several of his teammates are hoping for that as well, most notably of which is quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who stays in close communication with Starks still.

The next few weeks will likely give us a better idea of where Starks is at in his rehab in relation to the start of training camp and hopefully he will continue to update his progress. The Steelers report to Latrobe four weeks from this past Wednesday and currently have one open spot on their 90 man roster. Are they saving it for Starks? Time will tell.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/max_starks_almost_back_to_100/11121851