PDA

View Full Version : Ravens excuse making begins...

tony hipchest
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
thanks to espn's resident raven nutsack swinger jamison hensley-

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/45982/clayton-2012-schedule-could-hurt-ravens

For the past two seasons, the Ravens and Steelers have finished with 12-4 records. Tiebreakers have decided the AFC North champion for 2010 and 2011.

That means the slightest advantage could determine whether a team is playing a wild-card game on the road, or staying home for its first playoff contest. ESPN's John Clayton believes the Ravens could lose their one-year edge against the Steelers because of the 2012 schedule:

They go from a .477 schedule in 2011 to a .523, a .46 change that could pull them down by two games from their 12-4 finish. Their .523 schedule is the fourth toughest in the league, tied with the St. Louis Rams.

The biggest difference between the schedules for the Ravens and Steelers is their opponents from the AFC East and AFC South. As the result of a first-place schedule, Baltimore faces the New England Patriots and Houston Texans. Pittsburgh gets to face the New York Jets and the Tennessee Titans.

what a bunch of chode lickin pud whackers.

tony hipchest
04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
unbelievable. the ravens cried so loud, they never have to open another season on the road again.

week 1- bungles vs ravens

MACH1
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/b85/472/693/resized/storage-wars-dave-meme-generator-the-ravens-suck-yeeeeeeeeeeeeep-2cf433.jpg

GMU Steeler
04-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Oh boo hoo Hensley, the Steelers have had to play the first place schedule for much of the past decade. And besides if Flacco is "the best" like he claims, he should have no problem with Houston and New England.

Fire Arians
04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
we won the super bowl when we had the league's toughest schedule in 2008. good teams overcome that shit, and jokes for football teams like the ravens bitch about it.

if anything I think a tough schedule is an advantage, since the team is forced to deliver their A game week after week or be out of the playoff picture quickly. excellence is a habit, believe it or not.

tony hipchest
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
giants proved that last season when their backs were to the wal with 4-5 games to go.

GMU Steeler
04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
we won the super bowl when we had the league's toughest schedule in 2008. good teams overcome that shit, and jokes for football teams like the ravens bitch about it.

if anything I think a tough schedule is an advantage, since the team is forced to deliver their A game week after week or be out of the playoff picture quickly. excellence is a habit, believe it or not.

It wasn't as difficult but we were in must win for the last eight weeks of 2005 too. I agree. I like tougher games. It prepares the team mentally. Also anyone remember in 2004 when we had the then undefeated Patriots and Eagles following each other? Beat them both with Ben. That was when I think many knew that Ben was something special.

tanda10506
04-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I like tougher games too, specifically against playoff/potential playoff teams. When you play "easier" teams you can get away with a lot more, some poor teams you can pass on all day, some you can run on all day, and some just flat can't stop anything. But when your trying to pass vs Cromartie and Revis at CB or when your trying to run against the Ravens, things will be different. Holes that had been there won't be, #1 and #2 WR's will likely be well covered causing you to use other outlets. If you have no practice doing these things throughout the season then you will not be succesfull in the playoffs. At first glance the schedule looks tough, but it's really not that tough.