PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Schedule release thread

tburhans
04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
The official nfl schedules will be released tomorrow night at 7. Can't wait to see what primetime games we get

jjpro11
04-16-2012, 11:10 PM
schedule release and new throwback jerseys! nice appetizer before the draft.

Kingmagyar
04-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Please no Baltimore Ravens in week one.

Kingmagyar
04-17-2012, 08:36 AM
You have to figure one of the Baltimore games will be prime time along with possibly

Dallas
NY Giants
Philadelphia
Denver if the first game of the year.

and probably a few NFL net games against Cleveland or Cincy.

StainlessStill
04-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Seriously like Christmas morning today. Can't wait!:tt04:

vasteeler
04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Please no Baltimore Ravens in week one.

i do want to play the rats in week one

Men of Steel
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
so eager for a dallas vs pitt primetime game. Im going to that game for sure!!!

GMU Steeler
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Can't wait for the Dallas game. One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan and he was ripping on the Steelers for being "boring" to watch. Had to remind him that his team has one playoff game in the past 10 years while we have more SBs than that even. Loved the last time we played Dallas. Wore my Steelers beanie on the bus and got some crap from a guy and then Deshea picked six Romo for the win and he ate humble pie that week.

Men of Steel
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Can't wait for the Dallas game. One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan and he was ripping on the Steelers for being "boring" to watch. Had to remind him that his team has one playoff game in the past 10 years while we have more SBs than that even. Loved the last time we played Dallas. Wore my Steelers beanie on the bus and got some crap from a guy and then Deshea picked six Romo for the win and he ate humble pie that week.

arent cowgirl fans so ignorant !!!!

when they win one game they TALK like they just won the SB. :doh:

when they loose the other 90% of the time they crawl right back and hide in there little holes.

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2012, 02:13 PM

obviously, we hate the teams in our division.

but if I'm taking all of the teams in the NFL into consideration, I have always found the Dallas Cowboys' fans to be the most arrogant and obnoxious of all.

tony hipchest
04-17-2012, 07:18 PM
might as well keep all random discussion of the schedule currently being released in this thread.

michael irvin is already wrecking the NFL Networks 3 hour show's set by talking over the other 5-6 panelists. good thing dieone wasnt invited or it would be a complete ghetto slang mushmouth screamfest.

tony hipchest
04-17-2012, 07:21 PM
TEN, KC, CIN, DEN, BALT = primetime games

StainlessStill
04-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Goofy that we have Balty within a week of each other. Balty Week 11, Cleveland week 12 and Balty again week 13. That stretch right there will define us.

jjpro11
04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Goofy that we have Balty within a week of each other. Balty Week 11, Cleveland week 12 and Balty again week 13. That stretch right there will define us.

the Cleveland game is the trap game of all trap games.

MattRhys63
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I think this is a very good schedule. Certainly easier than some of the ones we've had in the past (2008 Superbowl season springs to mind). Playing two home games to end the year is a blessing in disguise, especially seeing as it's Cinci and Cleveland

StainlessStill
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM

Agreed 100%. They took out. season our from under our legs last year too. We need to be 100% against the Rats in game 2. We need to dismantle Cleveland at all costs in that middle game.

MACH1
04-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Official? Whats makes this official? So every game thread is supposed to go in here. You know how big a pain in the ass thats going to be to sift through. :wink:

Men of Steel
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM

hell, if we loose to the browns in week 12, i wouldn't mind it as much if we beet the RATBIRDS the week before and after. :thumbsup:

when was the last time we swept those dirty birds?

FrancoLambert
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
I think it sucks.
Out to Denver again, no Ryan Clark.
Rats twice in 3 weeks.....stupid scheduling there.
Finishing with Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals is tough.

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Steelers Release 2012 Regular Season Schedule

The Steelers will play five nationally televised primetime games, it was announced today when the NFL released its 2012 regular season schedule.

The Steelers open the season on national television with a matchup against the Denver Broncos on Sunday Night Football. Kickoff is set for 8:20 p.m. and will feature two of the top quarterbacks in the NFL in the Steelers’ Ben Roethlisberger and the Broncos’ Peyton Manning.

Pittsburgh’s nationally televised primetime games at Heinz Field include one against the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday, Nov. 12 at 8:30 p.m. (ESPN), and another on Sunday night, Nov. 18 at 8:20 p.m. against the Baltimore Ravens (NBC). Pittsburgh’s other national primetime games include road contests on Thursday, Oct. 11 at Tennessee (8:20 p.m. – NFL Network) and Sunday, Oct. 21 at Cincinnati (8:20 p.m. – NBC).

“It’s an interesting schedule with a lot of interesting games – a lot of primetime games, which makes it fun for the fans,” Steelers’ President Art Rooney II said. “The opening game in Denver obviously will be an interesting way to start the season. There will be a lot of attention paid to Peyton Manning’s first game with the Denver Broncos, so it’ll be exciting to start out that way. Then we have the New York Jets at home, which will be another exciting game, a repeat of the AFC Championship Game from a couple of years ago here at Heinz Field.”

In addition to the Steelers’ two home primetime contests, Pittsburgh will play six more games at Heinz Field – Week 2 vs. New York Jets (4:15 p.m.), Week 5 vs. Philadelphia (1 p.m.), Week 8 vs. Washington (1 p.m.), Week 14 vs. San Diego (1 p.m.), Week 16 vs. Cincinnati (1 p.m.) and Week 17 vs. Cleveland (1 p.m.).

For the second consecutive year, the Steelers will kick off their NFL season on the road, this year against the Broncos. In addition, Pittsburgh will play at Oakland in Week 3 (4:15 p.m.), at the New York Giants in Week 9 (4:15 p.m.), at Cleveland in Week 12 (1 p.m.), at Baltimore in Week 13 (4:15 p.m.) and at Dallas in Week 15 (4:15 p.m.).

The Steelers’ annual bye week will be on Sept. 30 (Week 4).

All Sunday games beginning in Week 11 through the remainder of the regular season are subject to flexible scheduling and could be moved into the Sunday night time slot (8:20 p.m.). The NFL will provide at least 12 days notice of time changes due to the “flex” scheduling. Week 17 start time changes could be decided on six days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications. Flexible scheduling will not impact Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.

The Thursday Night Football schedule on NFL Network will now feature 13 games, all on Thursdays, from Weeks 2-15 (skipping Week 12). In previous years, the NFLN slate included at least one Saturday night game. NBC will televise the Thursday night game on Thanksgiving in Week 12, in addition to the NFL Kickoff game.

Fans can listen to every Steelers game throughout the preseason and the regular season on the Steelers Radio Network on WDVE-FM (102.5) and WBGG-AM (970).

Steelers 2012 Preseason Schedule

Date Opponent Time** (TV)
Week 1 (Thurs., Aug. 9) at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m. (KDKA-TV)
Week 2 (Sun., Aug. 19) Indianapolis 8:00 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Week 3 (Sat., Aug. 25) at Buffalo 7:00 p.m. (KDKA-TV)
Week 4 (Thurs., Aug. 30) Carolina 7:30 p.m. (KDKA-TV)

Steelers 2012 Regular Season Schedule

Date Opponent Time** (TV)
Sun., Sept. 9 at Denver 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sun., Sept. 16 N.Y. Jets 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Sept. 23 at Oakland 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Sept. 30 BYE ---
Sun., Oct. 7 Philadelphia 1:00 p.m. (FOX)
Thurs., Oct. 11 at Tennessee 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sun., Oct. 21 at Cincinnati 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sun., Oct. 28 Washington 1:00 p.m. (FOX)
Sun., Nov. 4 at N.Y. Giants 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Mon., Nov. 12 Kansas City 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sun., Nov. 18> Baltimore 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sun., Nov. 25 at Cleveland 1:00 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Dec. 2 at Baltimore 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Dec. 9 San Diego 1:00 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Dec. 16 at Dallas 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Dec. 23 Cincinnati 1:00 p.m. (CBS)
Sun., Dec. 30 Cleveland 1:00 p.m. (CBS)

* Times and TV network may change due to flexible scheduling

** All times are Eastern

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Release-2012-Regular-Season-Schedule/ebad8db2-3a7d-428f-838d-95bdc313a261

Men of Steel
04-17-2012, 07:53 PM
I think it sucks.
Out to Denver again, no Ryan Clark.
Rats twice in 3 weeks.....stupid scheduling there.
Finishing with Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals is tough.

cant be too bad, we had one of the toughest schedules in NFL history the year we went to the superbowl and beat the cards.

In a way those tough games prep them for the final run in the playoffs.

I welcome a tough schedule any year. :tt03:

tanda10506
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
This is some stupid scheduling. Why are both the Baltimore games within 3 weeks? Ignorant, for being so worried about ratings, they sure don't know how to take advantage of the best rivalry in football. They screwed it up this year, sucks!

fujirama24
04-17-2012, 11:17 PM
I am not really pumped up about any of are home games this year. I've seen every team except the skins. Just not real excited about any of them. I may skip them and wait and see if we make the playoffs.

Millers the sh!t
04-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Schedule looks tough and I like that. It'll keep the team tough all year and won't let us get lazy. Also excited about the Philly home game being early. I've never been to Pittsburgh in any month except December and I'm looking for decent wheather for my trip. Another great thing is, it looks like I'll be able to catch 7-8 games on tv this season. Usually it's 4-5 in my area. Can't wait for the season to start. Hope we stay comptetative this season with all of the changes and question marks.

Kingmagyar
04-18-2012, 09:18 AM
I like our last 4 games. San Diego is in a complete changeover mode losing some key players and could be out of it by then along with Dallas. That leaves Cincy (let's see how they do now with a tougher schedule and teams not taking them for granted) and finishing with Cleveland is great if you need a win and in scenario. And 3 of those 4 games are at home.

Our Thursday game is early in the season when we are still fresh and we don't really have a murderous stretch anywhere. All playoff teams are usually followed by a non playoff team after that.

The Ravens last 4 are against WAS, DEN, NYG, CIN. Manning should be up to speed if he is still standing and the G-men and Cincy should give them some trouble. Could be two losses in those 4 games. In the first half the Ravens travel to PHI, HOU, and KC.

GMU Steeler
04-18-2012, 10:28 AM

but if I'm taking all of the teams in the NFL into consideration, I have always found the Dallas Cowboys' fans to be the most arrogant and obnoxious of all.

It's actually a small part of why I'm a Steelers fan. The first time I rooted for the Steelers was in Super Bowl XXX when I was 8. Being a Northern Virginian, most of the locals are Redskins fans so of course most of my classmates were rooting against the Boys that year and for the Steelers. At the time, I didn't know anything about football, I just knew I hated the Cowboys because my Dad hated them. Hated them and the Yankees. And I associated the Cowboys with obnoxiousness.

GMU Steeler
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
arent cowgirl fans so ignorant !!!!

when they win one game they TALK like they just won the SB. :doh:

when they loose the other 90% of the time they crawl right back and hide in there little holes.

Yeah my friend whom I mention keeps on saying this is the Cowboys' year and pretty much every year we've known each other, our Steelers have had the better year. I don't talk much smack because it's not the kind of person I am. I prefer to let the team talk on the field. By the way regarding that 2008 season game, it was that game that played a huge role in ruining whatever chemistry TO and Romo had. I'll always love Townsend for that pick six.

LayingTheWoodley56
04-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Can't say I'm crazy about this draw. The beginning part of the schedule is pretty tough: 4 out of 6 road games, a tough game against the Eagles, two trips out west in three weeks including walking into a possible Manning buzzsaw depending on his level of play and the energy of the crowd.

Playing Baltimore twice in three weeks is bad for a number of reasons, not least the fact the two most physically taxing games of the year are so close together. Would have made more sense for the NFL too to space them out by a couple of months.

Bye week is too early for an older team. I would've liked for our rest to come in November like it did last year. Plus, I don't want to have my Steelers taken away from me just three weeks after getting them back finally!

On the whole, not an easy schedule. Not that predicting a team's success based on the previous season is foolproof, but going to New York and Dallas won't be easy, nor will beating the Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys back-to-back-to-back be. That could be a killer stretch, followed by Cincy, who may regress this year but they also may stay tough.

Never been crazy about the Thursday night games either, especially not so early in the season.

At any rate, this will be interesting. As others have said, remember '08 - that schedule was brutal, and it bore arguably our best team of the past 15 years.

Kingmagyar
04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Iron sharpens Iron.

SteelShazam
04-19-2012, 07:25 PM

I'm with you there...I know my share of cowpie fans and they can be hard to deal with. Wonder if they get it from their pompous owner?

Hawaii 5-0
04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm with you there...I know my share of cowpie fans and they can be hard to deal with. Wonder if they get it from their pompous owner?

probably, like that memorable quote from the movie Remember The Titans when Julius says to Gary: "Attitude reflects leadership"...

and btw, I love your avatar pic! did you create that yourself?

Quasar
04-22-2012, 05:05 PM
This is great. Already planning my road trip to Denver from southern California! I wouldn't have wanted to go there if the game was in December. :tt04:

warddj86
04-23-2012, 05:31 PM
12-4

losses to Giants, Ravens once, Bengals once, and Eagles.

ricardisimo
04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
No actual patsies until Week 8. Scary.