PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis and Ryan Mundy sign RFA tenders

tony hipchest
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
every RFA tender has now signed with exception of 1. good to have these 2 back. im a bit suprised not one of our players got as much as a sniff.

Hawaii 5-0
04-16-2012, 11:12 PM
every RFA tender has now signed with exception of 1. good to have these 2 back. im a bit suprised not one of our players got as much as a sniff.

there were 42 RFAs in the NFL this off-season and not a single one received an offer sheet.

a hint of collusion by the owners perhaps?

Steelersfan87
04-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Well, Lewis certainly wasn't going to get looked at with a 3rd round tender. If he was a 6th rounder like Mundy? Possible, but still unlikely. Regardless, Lewis is, of course, absolutely key, both for next season and for the future.

Fire Arians
04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
nice, i like keenan. not sure what to think of mundy, other than career backup that knows our system

ANDYMISIU
04-17-2012, 07:30 AM
With Gay gone we could really benefit from Lewis stepping up his game this year. I really look for him to have an impact in the nickel.

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2012, 12:33 PM
With Gay gone we could really benefit from Lewis stepping up his game this year. I really look for him to have an impact in the nickel.

we need Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown to step up this season. one of them needs to claim the starting CB position opposite Ike Taylor while another one needs to make an impact as the nickel corner.

the Steelers must feel confident that is going to happen as very little effort was made to re-sign Willie Gay...

Steelersfan87
04-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Nickel? I'm thinking Lewis is going to have to be beaten out if he's going to play nickel. I see no reason why he would not be the prohibitive favorite to start coming into training camp. He's the only corner on the roster right now opposite Taylor that has played outside.

Fire Arians
04-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Nickel? I'm thinking Lewis is going to have to be beaten out if he's going to play nickel. I see no reason why he would not be the prohibitive favorite to start coming into training camp. He's the only corner on the roster right now opposite Taylor that has played outside.

yeah lewis is a lock for the #2 position unless allen or brown have a phenomenal preseason showing. even then, that's not a given. lebeau will give the nod to someone who has real game experience as the #2 corner, which lewis has, and has done well.