PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor in NYC Fri 7/21

Sith Lord
07-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I would be there no doubt but I'm going to the Met game.

My name is Jackea Chan and I am an Assistant Associate Audience Producer for ESPN2?s sports talk show Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith.

The reason I am contacting you is that we have just been notified that on Friday, July 21st, Current Pittsburgh Steeler Standout Defensive Back Ike Taylor is scheduled to appear LIVE in studio!

We would like to extend to you and your website FREE tickets to attend the show. We realize that this would be a great opportunity for some of your forum members to get together and meet up for an exciting sports show. The tickets are open to your all interested members, family members, friends, and co-workers.

Our studio is located in the heart of New York City, across the street from Madison Square Garden. Again the show date is Friday, July 21st at 6:00pm with a 4:30pm check-in.

If you or any of your members are interested in attending the show, please call me at 646-708-7150 or email
Jackea.X.Chan.-nd@espn.com. Please provide your first and last name, telephone number with area code and spell your email address.Someone from Audience Services will contact you if your reservation has been accepted.

In addition, please feel free to post this information on your website for all Ike Taylor and Pittsburgh Steeler fans located in the New York or tri-state area.

Thank you.

Jackea Chan
Quite Frankly With Stephen A. Smith
Assistant Associate Audience Producer
646-708-7150
Jackea.X.Chan.-nd@espn.com

bcolton82
07-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Jackea Chan???.........LOL

speaking of which, did anybody see Jackie Chan drunk on stage trying to sing last week?

Sith Lord
07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
....I guess that is funny.....Hey Man! Dont hijack my thread!!!

83-Steelers-43
07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Jackea Chan???.........LOL

speaking of which, did anybody see Jackie Chan drunk on stage trying to sing last week?

Jackie Chan is annoying and impossible to understand when he's sober. I can't imagine him being drunk.

I'm a Jet Li fan anyways. :smile:

melroseplace
07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Steelers + the Big Apple?? dang, if I didn't have plans this weekend I would seriously be considering it..

tony hipchest
07-20-2006, 09:12 AM
stephen a smith conducts a great interview. this should be good. ike seems like a happy go lucky big kid. im glad the steelers are still making his contract extension a priority amongst all the rookie signings soon to take place.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Assistant Associate Audience Producer? Doesn't ESPN realize they are bleeding the bottom line with excessive 'business card ink expense'? Wait until the CPA reads that.

Anyway. Big props to Jackea, Promoter, for finding her way into this forum.

SteelersMongol
07-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Jackie Chan is annoying and impossible to understand when he's sober. I can't imagine him being drunk.

Jackie Chan was drunk and sang? :smile: Wow. I love him. He is the best since Bruce Lee. No offense 83-43, but I think Jet Li's moves in his movies are too fake. Compared to him, our man Wesley Snipes makes believable moves, and he kicks a**! :bouncy:

Sith Lord
07-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Assistant Associate Audience Producer? Doesn't ESPN realize they are bleeding the bottom line with excessive 'business card ink expense'? Wait until the CPA reads that.

Anyway. Big props to Jackea, Promoter, for finding her way into this forum.

I spoke with Jackea on the phone.....its a him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 10:14 AM

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth??!!:sofunny:

Haiku_Dirtt
07-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I spoke with Jackea on the phone.....its a him.

Shows what I know. :blah:

Dude needs a promotion then...quite frankly.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-22-2006, 07:59 AM
Saw the interview...Ike came across as humble ..funny...and intelligent...at one point he was asked.."are you expecting me to buy that?"...to which he immedialtly answered..."I'm not trying to sell you anything, so no..you dont have to buy it"...

They tried to get him to say that the Steelers were going to repeat...and all he would say was "We are going to try"

Very cool..and very poised

tony hipchest
07-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Saw the interview...Ike came across as humble ..funny...and intelligent...at one point he was asked.."are you expecting me to buy that?"...to which he immedialtly answered..."I'm not trying to sell you anything, so no..you dont have to buy it"...

They tried to get him to say that the Steelers were going to repeat...and all he would say was "We are going to try"

:dang: missed it. ive only seen a few interviews with him and he came across exactly how you described. did you get the impression that he is a perfect steeler, with tons of upside, and a definite necessity to lock up for the long haul?

pittsburgh$teelersfan
07-22-2006, 01:08 PM

yep I saw that.The host asked ike what kind of games do you play on your playstation and ike said madden and combat games.Then the host asked what team you play with and ike said the steelers and the host asked do you play with someone else besides the steelers and ike said no than the host said I don't buy that and then ike said you don't have to buy it because I ain't selling it.Thats why ike is my favorite player in the nfl.I wish I could play him in madden.I can't wait to madden 07 come out.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-22-2006, 02:01 PM
:dang: missed it. ive only seen a few interviews with him and he came across exactly how you described. did you get the impression that he is a perfect steeler, with tons of upside, and a definite necessity to lock up for the long haul?

That is EXACTLY the impression that you get watching him. It is so easy to forget that he let the NFL with 25 passes defended last year...He seems very confident in his abilities but reluctant to press for the spotlight.

MNsteelers
07-22-2006, 02:36 PM
That is EXACTLY the impression that you get watching him. It is so easy to forget that he let the NFL with 25 passes defended last year...He seems very confident in his abilities but reluctant to press for the spotlight.

Not to be hatin' on Ike or anything, I love the guy too, but you have to look at the situation as a whole. Ike is in a contract year now, and he wants a long-term deal with the Steelers. He isn't going to talk about anything, honest or not, that isn't abuot the team. He knows what organization he plays for, and I'm sure his agent is smart enough to look at one Plaxico Burress and the reasons why he didn't get an extension in Pittsburgh. Ike is doing the opposite of Plex. Props to him for doing it, and I like hearing things like this, but I don't even play with Pittsburgh exclusively in Madden. I can't imagine a guy my age who has no link whatsoever to the team before he was a pro would only use them, either.

As for an earlier post, yes, he's a Steelers guy. I interviewed him at training camp last year. He's a lot smarter than people might say after talking with him (he's got a quiet, sort of mumbled voice). Even better, he's got incredible cover skills, and has long arms and smooth hips (by the way, is there a less gay way to describe the attributes of a successful cornerback?).