PDA

View Full Version : anybody get to listen to Ryan Clark today?

TRH
04-17-2012, 01:01 AM
He was in the ESPN sudios all day and was a guest analyst on "First Take", "NFL 32" and one of the other shows. Anyone catch any of it?

Very articulate and intelligent...the conversation was very impressive, even the butting heads with Skip Bayless. The other analysts kept asking him if he thought about doing this after his career ends, they were so impressed with him, as they have been in past visits.

GodSendBigBen
04-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Didn't catch any of his segments but hasn't be always been a media darling? I believe I remember him getting the Steelers media award a few years back. But yeah it's nice to know not every pro athlete is an egotistical jackass thug. lol. Yea im talk ing to you T.O

jjpro11
04-17-2012, 02:04 AM
it will be nice to have another Steelers homer in the media once he's retired lol. Ryan and Merril should have their own show on ESPN. just imagine how many football fans they would piss off.

Kingmagyar
04-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Ryan Clark went on forever about Skip dissing him. He made no sense in his argument imagining things they said not hearing all the things they said. And he kept talking about it over and over again. He knows his other sports though and I could see him on the show in future years, but you know Clark just rubs me the wrong way when he talks and tweets. Every year I hope they will find a replacement for him as he's not one of my favorite players.

Bayz101
04-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Ryan Clark went on forever about Skip dissing him. He made no sense in his argument imagining things they said not hearing all the things they said. And he kept talking about it over and over again. He knows his other sports though and I could see him on the show in future years, but you know Clark just rubs me the wrong way when he talks and tweets. Every year I hope they will find a replacement for him as he's not one of my favorite players.

:dramaqueen:

Sixburgher
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Wow, it took a whole four posts before someone dissed Clark for "speaking out of turn" by calling Bayless out as the loudmouthed peckerheaded douchenozzle that he is. Surprised it took so long.

TRH
04-17-2012, 12:44 PM
He's on all the shows again today. Must've had 2 days booked.

pancake
04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I think Ryan has a bright future after football.

austinfrench76
04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Clark is awesome. Troy even admits that he couldn't do wothout him so I think that says alot. Very articulate but an idiot on Twitter. Then again, who isn't??!

QCbeauBlak
04-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Ryan Clark seems a lot more objective than most former pro's. I was impressed at his desire to coach college football one day. The NCAA needs more diversity in the head coaching ranks. But he shot down the suggestion of a Rooney Rule in the NCAA which I was proud of (I am saying that as a black man who sometimes feels the rule can be a little embarrassing to coaches who go in knowing their resume isn't even close to landing the job but their interview is just to satisfy the rule in an increasingly less discriminative game). Instead he, along with Bayless, said that as more black coaches prove themselves maybe at smaller schools and as coordinators at larger schools/NFL teams, we will see the numbers change. The issue in college has more to do with old boosters and alumni and the fact that the pool of potential black head coaches is just small.

I think Ryan would make a much better television personality. He is just gifted as a speaker and is very intelligent. I do not know enough about him to judge his coaching potential but would support him if he goes that route.

surcalifero
04-19-2012, 04:21 PM
They even refer Ryan as Skip Bayless 2 in the wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Clark_(American_football)

Hawaii 5-0
04-19-2012, 04:31 PM

I would be very insulted if anyone referred to me as being Skip Bayless 2...

StainlessStill
04-19-2012, 05:03 PM

I respectfully disagree. Ryan Clark is a damn good person, is very active in the community and one of the most underrated and hard hitting Steelers to come by the last decade. Give me Clark alongside Troy ANY day of the week, as well as a model citizen of Pittsburgh.

Sixburgher
04-19-2012, 05:14 PM

Wasn't aware of Clark making shit up about his high school athletic experiences too.