PDA

View Full Version : Usually I got no beef with Denver, but this year, I REALLY hope we pound them

MattRhys63
04-17-2012, 06:46 PM
For a number of reasons

1 - Prime time game. The first Sunday night game on NBC. A chance to show the nation that we still got it
2 - Revenge. Nothing against the Broncos, but I really didn't like being knocked out in that fashion last year
3 - Peyton Manning. Again, nothing against the guy, but every single bit of media will be focused on him. He won't be able to fart without Rich Eisen there to cover it. This will be ideal for us to put him on his arse, send 92 on some heavy blitzes and make sure he never gets up. Ruin the second (or third coming depending on the Broncos views on Tebow) coming of Jesus

:tt04::tt03::tt02:

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2012, 06:50 PM
perfect, our chance for revenge will come early...:tt02:

Bayz101
04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Can't argue with that logic.

Fire Arians
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
2 chances at revenge in the first 2 weeks. denver in week 1, tebow in week 2. hope we start the season strong

Curtain_of_Steel
04-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Well we will be doing it without Clark again.

Harrison needs to reintroduce himself to Manning!

Hawaii 5-0
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Well we will be doing it without Clark again.

Harrison needs to reintroduce himself to Manning!

Peyton Manning hosts the Steelers in Sunday night opener on NBC

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2012

For the Steelers, this season will start where last season ended: In Denver. But the opposing quarterback will change.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos will host the Steelers on NBC’s Sunday Night Football in Week One, according to a report from Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

It’s no surprise that the Denver debut of Manning will be a nationally televised prime time game. Manning is the highest-profile free agent in NFL history, and there will be huge interest in seeing his first game with the Broncos.

For Steelers safety Ryan Clark, that will mean his 2012 season will start a week late: Clark has had health problems related to Denver’s altitude, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has insisted he won’t permit Clark to play in Denver.

The Steelers probably aren’t thrilled that they’ll have to return so quickly to Denver, the place where they had their hearts broken with Tim Tebow’s overtime touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas last season. And Manning’s presence means the fact that Tebow isn’t there anymore isn’t much consolation to the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/17/peyton-manning-hosts-the-steelers-in-sunday-night-opener-on-nbc/

njsteeler87v2
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
For a number of reasons

1 - Prime time game. The first Sunday night game on NBC. A chance to show the nation that we still got it
2 - Revenge. Nothing against the Broncos, but I really didn't like being knocked out in that fashion last year
3 - Peyton Manning. Again, nothing against the guy, but every single bit of media will be focused on him. He won't be able to fart without Rich Eisen there to cover it. This will be ideal for us to put him on his arse, send 92 on some heavy blitzes and make sure he never gets up. Ruin the second (or third coming depending on the Broncos views on Tebow) coming of Jesus

:tt04::tt03::tt02:

I hoped for payback against them back in our house. How many times have we played them on the road? Sounding like every other year we play KC also on the road. Not this year, though.

Forget about Sanchez, I'm waiting for week 2 so we can finally Tebow Tebow: IN! OUR! HOUSE!

MattRhys63
04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
See what I mean. Not 'How will Denver cope without Tebow' 'John Fox will get his first game with a new conventional offence' 'Steelers out for revenge' IT'S ALL ABOUT MANNING!!! :banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG JAMES!!!

Peyton Manning hosts the Steelers in Sunday night opener on NBC

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2012

For the Steelers, this season will start where last season ended: In Denver. But the opposing quarterback will change.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos will host the Steelers on NBC’s Sunday Night Football in Week One, according to a report from Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

It’s no surprise that the Denver debut of Manning will be a nationally televised prime time game. Manning is the highest-profile free agent in NFL history, and there will be huge interest in seeing his first game with the Broncos.

For Steelers safety Ryan Clark, that will mean his 2012 season will start a week late: Clark has had health problems related to Denver’s altitude, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has insisted he won’t permit Clark to play in Denver.

The Steelers probably aren’t thrilled that they’ll have to return so quickly to Denver, the place where they had their hearts broken with Tim Tebow’s overtime touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas last season. And Manning’s presence means the fact that Tebow isn’t there anymore isn’t much consolation to the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/17/peyton-manning-hosts-the-steelers-in-sunday-night-opener-on-nbc/

TRH
04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Everybody just needs to chill out and not talk a lot of s***. If we do...and they beat us....we're going to look like complete idiots. Its not going to be a "gimme" game.

MattRhys63
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Everybody just needs to chill out and not talk a lot of s***. If we do...and they beat us....we're going to look like complete idiots. Its not going to be a "gimme" game.

Hey, it's not the game itself that concerns me. It's the media coverage will be SOOO biased on Denver, we will barely get a look in.

There is no shame losing to Peyton Manning, he is a GREAT QB.

Since when did you Americans ever have a problem with talking s**t? You guys are the creators and the best at it. Why do you think I love American Football so much? The banter you guys have beforehand is LIGHTYEARS better than ours

Curtain_of_Steel
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
TRH? Really?lol Its a message board, no face, no nothing. unless of course youwalk around with your screen name on your jersey?lol

If everyone had to be careful about what they said, nothing entertaining would ever be posted, lol