PDA

View Full Version : as good as carson was last year...

tony hipchest
07-20-2006, 06:28 PM
he still lost 6 games in 17 starts

ben only lost 3 games in 17 starts
-one to the defending champs.
-one to the undefeated colts coming off of a knee surgury
-one to the bengals with a broken thumb where he completed 70% passing and led all afc qb's for the year with 386 yards passing.

advantage-ben

carson = overrated
ben = underrated

if carson and the vaunted bengals offense were so good, he would be able to lead more come from behind wins (like ben did in his ROOKIE season where he was 14-1)

if ben lost 2 games in a row coming off of a simple knee surgery, how is carson gonna win coming off of major knee reconstruction? not gonna happen. with no odell and an ineffective carson, it is looking more and more like the bengals will start 0-4. with a healthy carsons record of losing atleast 1/3 of his games started it looks like a playoff miss for the bengals. 9-7 record max.

BBC
07-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Now hold on a minute Tony. You're using logic with Bengals fans, seems kind of stupid to me :hunch:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-20-2006, 07:25 PM
I dont know what ben will have to do to earn respect........You would think that 27-4, including playoffs, would do it

meanjoecoop
07-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Now hold on a minute Tony. You're using logic with Bengals fans, seems kind of stupid to me :hunch:

Yeah, isnt it about time they say something like "If Kimo hadnt hurt Carson" :crying01: :blah: Its been about 8 hours since I heard that one.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-20-2006, 08:16 PM

-one to the bengals with a broken thumb where he completed 70% passing and led all afc qb's for the year with 386 yards passing.

advantage-ben

carson = overrated
ben = underrated

if carson and the vaunted bengals offense were so good, he would be able to lead more come from behind wins (like ben did in his ROOKIE season where he was 14-1)

if ben lost 2 games in a row coming off of a simple knee surgery, how is carson gonna win coming off of major knee reconstruction? not gonna happen. with no odell and an ineffective carson, it is looking more and more like the bengals will start 0-4. with a healthy carsons record of losing atleast 1/3 of his games started it looks like a playoff miss for the bengals. 9-7 record max.

I like your post Tony and I think its a good one. But I'm not going to get caught up in this who is better Carson/Ben debate. We are more then happy with Ben and I wouldn't want any other QB in the NFL period. Ben is the perfect QB for this team. I could care less if Bengals fans and other fans like or give Ben his respect. They can lick my feet for all I care.

But we all know that Bengals fans think Carson Palmer is Jesus in Football Cleats so its really not worth debating with them about this issue. But still a very good post Tony. I enjoyed it.

HburgXL06
07-20-2006, 09:22 PM

advantage-ben

carson = overrated
ben = underrated

Excellent post Tony! Great logic/stats. Carson is toted to be the next huge thing (a la Peyton Manning) yet so far he has failed to make anythin more than a little better than average beginning to his career as an NFL quarterback. Back in the 70s many wrote off Terry Bradshaw as an unknowledgable hick. He went on to win 4 Super Bowls. So far Ben has been accused of bein similarly unintelligent and ****y on and off the field. Yet to date he had one of the strongest starts ever for a NFL quarterback and is the youngest quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl.

BuFu

SteelerzGirl
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
I like your post Tony and I think its a good one. But I'm not going to get caught up in this who is better Carson/Ben debate. We are more then happy with Ben and I wouldn't want any other QB in the NFL period. Ben is the perfect QB for this team. I could care less if Bengals fans and other fans like or give Ben his respect. They can lick my feet for all I care.

But we all know that Bengals fans think Carson Palmer is Jesus in Football Cleats so its really not worth debating with them about this issue. But still a very good post Tony. I enjoyed it.

Ew... You would let a Bengals fan lick your feet? Yikes! Have you no pride? LOL :wink:

CantStop85
07-20-2006, 09:41 PM
You're still bitter about Rudi being better than Willie aren't you, tony? lol

tony hipchest
07-20-2006, 10:00 PM
You're still bitter about Rudi being better than Willie aren't you, tony? lol ive already blown that little theory out the water. check the thread.

stillers4me
07-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Carson Palmer after 3 years.........17 wins, 13 losses

Ben after 2 years......24 wins, 4 losses
Nuff said.

Yo.....Meanie!! How ya doooooin'??????? You've got mail.....I mean literally. Go out to your mailbox.

Stillers#1
07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
I dont know what ben will have to do to earn respect........You would think that 27-4, including playoffs, would do it
I have to admit, I was skeptical of Ben all last year, I thought he was just a product of a good system. That was until he took over the Bronco's game, against a pretty frigging good defense too. To make Champ Bailey bite like he did on Ced's TD, you gotta be good. Lets not forget too that Ben alomst out Tom Brady'ed Tom Brady, if the D coulda held on. I agree though, Carson is over-rated and Ben is still under-rated. However if I was picking a team for next year, and next year only, I take Carson. Long-term, gimme Ben.