PDA

View Full Version : My Son and Santonio

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
OKAY!!!! How cool is this!!!...that is my son's question being answered by Santonio!!!

ASK THE STEELERS

Steelers.com will be bringing you the Ask the Steelers feature throughout the summer. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

SANTONIO HOLMES – PART 2

Andy Martin from Houston, TX: Will you be able to take on the blocking assignments that are asked of Steelers receivers?

Santonio Holmes: I think so. I have been through it playing on great teams in high school and in college where we ran the ball the majority of the time. I told coach plenty of times if you want a big run bring it to my side and I'll pick up the key block and let the running back do the rest. I think I will be able to take on the role of blocking.

Steve Monaghan from Atlanta, GA: How often do Buckeye alumni currently in the NFL come back to Columbus and brief you guys about life in the pros?

Santonio Holmes: It's not very often. Every week the night before the game Coach Tressel would have us have a speaker in. Out of the 12 games we do have in the season, probably eight or nine of those guys are former Ohio State players who are in the NFL. They speak to us at that time. But it doesn't happen much during the year that much. It's mostly just the night before a game.

Mark Evermore from Phoenix, AZ: What was your first mini-camp practice like?
Santonio Holmes: It was very confusing. I got a lot accomplished. I walked off the field with a smile on my face. I got a chance in my first mini-camp to be a part of the organization that I love. I had a smile on my face after I left, but it was very confusing getting things started.

Jacob Biggerstaff from Normal, IL: Who is your favorite former Steelers wide reciever?

Santonio Holmes: I would have to Hines Ward. He has been there the longest that I can remember since I have been a Steelers fan.

Jim Moore from San Diego, CA: Has Hines Ward offered you any advice yet or taken you under his wing?

Santonio Holmes: He helped me out since day one. He told me if I ever needed anything to let him know and he would be there for me to help me out. He had someone there for him to help him out so he wants to give back to the younger guys and let them know what being in this league is all about.

Bill Stephens from Columbus, OH: Do you have any concerns about missing the coaching sessions and what are you doing now to prepare?
Santonio Holmes: None at all. I know the other players are going to be there to help me get back into form when I do get a chance to meet up with those guys. The coaches are also going to do their best to make sure I understand what is going on and help me get back into football mode. I am currently working out everyday. At night I look over the plays that I had the chance to learn at mini-camp. I want to make sure I learn those. I talk to the coaches whenever I get an opportunity. .

Jimmy Dantzler from Phoenix, AZ: I always find it curios how players choose their pro jersey number. How did you come to choose number 10?

Santonio Holmes: I wanted to be different. No receivers in the NFL have that number currently. I wanted to be the first wide receiver to wear No. 10. I didn't want an 80s number because a lot of guys wear them. I wanted to try something different.

Ben Lewis from Tallahassee, FL: You seem to be very mature for your age. How did you develop that maturity and was it from your mother growing up?

Santonio Holmes: I really don't know how I developed the maturity level that I have. It's hard growing up without a father. That was one of the biggest keys. You learn and appreciate a lot of things at an early age.

David Orman from Conway, SC: How has your life changed since the draft?

Santonio Holmes: I became a lot busier.

Sal Marino from Davie, FL: What were your impressions of first working with Ben Roethlisberger?

Santonio Holmes: Big Ben is a real cool dude. He is very laid back. He has been around the organization for three years. He doesn't demand a whole lot. He is fun to be around. He likes to get the work done first and get to know the guys after. On the field he is a hard working guy and then off the field it's about let's get to know each other and get the chemistry going and become a better te

HometownGal
07-21-2006, 08:16 AM
That's awesome LLT! Be sure to print it out and save it for him. I think that was a very good question to ask. :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
That's awesome LLT! Be sure to print it out and save it for him. I think that was a very good question to ask. :smile:

Yeah..he doesnt know yet... He will be so jazzed!

BlackNGold203
07-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Way to go..my man Jacob!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

tony hipchest
07-21-2006, 08:29 AM
very cool! could this spring a career in journalism?

floodcitygirl
07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
VERY cool...you know he's gonna love it! :cool:

83-Steelers-43
07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
very cool! could this spring a career in journalism?

Pittsburgh needs new ones. Let's hope so.

Salute to you and your son LLT.

Livinginthe past
07-21-2006, 08:46 AM
I thought Santonio was supposed to have been a long term Steelers fan?

Jacob Biggerstaff from Normal, IL: Who is your favorite former Steelers wide reciever?

Santonio Holmes: I would have to Hines Ward. He has been there the longest that I can remember since I have been a Steelers fan.

Plus, the question asked for a former WR, not one who is currently playing for them.

Excellent question though LLT, was your son annoyed that Holmes couldn't answer it properly?

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 08:52 AM
I thought Santonio was supposed to have been a long term Steelers fan?

Plus, the question asked for a former WR, not one who is currently playing for them.

Excellent question though LLT, was your son annoyed that Holmes couldn't answer it properly?

NM

He hasnt had a chance to see it yet...and I am not sure how the question was given to Santonio..so in the interest of staying "jazzed" about the situation..I am willing to give him the benefit of a doubt:sofunny:

Livinginthe past
07-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Heh heh.

Fair enough :cheers:

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 09:10 AM
OKAY!!! Just talked to my boy...and he said..."He didn't answer the question correctly..Ward isnt a former player"...:sofunny:

After the logic of the situation was tackled he is FULLY OVERLOADED...He is currently copying, pasting and forwarding...

Livinginthe past
07-21-2006, 09:27 AM
OKAY!!! Just talked to my boy...and he said..."He didn't answer the question correctly..Ward isnt a former player"...:sofunny:

After the logic of the situation was tackled he is FULLY OVERLOADED...He is currently copying, pasting and forwarding...

Ha ha.

Good luck to your boy!

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 12:19 PM
To celebrate my sons "touch" with fame ..in regards to santonio...tonight we fully hope to piss off a traffic cop and be arrested for domestic battery..wish us luck!!

tony hipchest
07-21-2006, 12:30 PM
To celebrate my sons "touch" with fame ..in regards to santonio...tonight we fully hope to piss off a traffic cop and be arrested for domestic battery..wish us luck!!

:sofunny: lol :sofunny:

good luck!

Atlanta Dan
07-21-2006, 12:52 PM

If one of the questions in the Q&A is to be believed, that conduct will make people think you are "mature for your age."

Ben Lewis from Tallahassee, FL: You seem to be very mature for your age. How did you develop that maturity and was it from your mother growing up?

Santonio Holmes: I really don't know how I developed the maturity level that I have. It's hard growing up without a father. That was one of the biggest keys. You learn and appreciate a lot of things at an early age.

I do not know how Holnes developed the maturity level that he has either, but if he actually believes he is mature for his age then he is even more clueless than his behavior since the draft would indicate.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 12:57 PM
If one of the questions in the Q&A is to be believed, that conduct will make people think you are "mature for your age."

I saw that also..WHO THE CRAP thinks that he is "mature"...and based on WHAT!!!

(That being said...I am still happy for my boy and we WILL celebrate in someway...justification is good for the soul)

Haiku_Dirtt
07-21-2006, 03:28 PM
That's really cool Jacob. A good answer too.

Now. I have to ask Ben Lewis when he got back from his visit to the moon and what it was like without any sports news for the last month.

HUH?

Exactly Santonio. You really don't know how because you haven't yet. But he did nail it. I truly feel very bad for him that a father figure was absent. That would suck. And that was "key." - a fascinating response.

And here's to hoping that he can accept that kind of presence from the veterans. And fast.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the redundant response. Didn't see Atlanta nail this too.

I'm still :dang: Ben must be related to his agent.

BBC
07-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Sal Marino from Davie, FL: What were your impressions of first working with Ben Roethlisberger?

Santonio Holmes: Big Ben is a real cool dude. He is very laid back. He has been around the organization for three years. He doesn't demand a whole lot. He is fun to be around. He likes to get the work done first and get to know the guys after. On the field he is a hard working guy and then off the field it's about let's get to know each other and get the chemistry going and become a better te

Not to send this off topic, but does this sound like an odd answer to anyone else, considering recent news reports of Santonio ignoring Ben?

BB2W
07-21-2006, 03:42 PM
That is pretty cool! :cool:

SteelersMongol
07-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Not to send this off topic, but does this sound like an odd answer to anyone else, considering recent news reports of Santonio ignoring Ben?

Maybe they asked him right after the first practice and right before all those pushing and shoving that golddigger. :bouncy:

Stlrs4Life
07-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Congrats to your son! That's pretty cool. Holmes' answer was pretty wierd though.

Hines? As long as he can remember? He really wasn't a Steeler fan very long then was he, like he said he was.

And this question:
David Orman from Conway, SC: How has your life changed since the draft?

Santonio Holmes: I became a lot busier.

Thank You Mr. Obvious! I sure hope he was being sarcastic on that one!

tony hipchest
07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
""Santonio Holmes: I became a lot busier. "

them court dates will keep him tied up.

i think he said hes been a steelersfan since their 95 sb which means since he was about 10years old. i can see where he would say hines.

his only other options were will blackwell, bobby shaw, c. johnson, y, thigpen, e. mills. graham, etc...

findlayref
07-22-2006, 06:28 AM

Seems odd to me. Maybe this relates back to the maturity level.
Findlay ref

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Seems odd to me. Maybe this relates back to the maturity level.
Findlay ref

Unfortunatly...I think it may have more to do with an intelligence level..he didnt come across as very bright did he?:dang: