PDA

View Full Version : Lefty back with Steelers

Kingmagyar
04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Lord Byron has resigned with the Steelers. So those predicting a QB picked somewhere should delete that out pronto to get more picks right.

Hawaii 5-0
04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Lord Byron has resigned with the Steelers. So those predicting a QB picked somewhere should delete that out pronto to get more picks right.

wonder what the over/under is on Lefty getting injured this season, the 2nd or 3rd pre-season game?

xbroughneck
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh yay!!!

LOL...this is such a non-story.

Batch will be the #1 backup...Lefty sucks and won't play except in pre season.

Lady Steel
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Lord Byron has resigned with the Steelers.

I. Hate. Him. :mad:

Steelerindc
04-26-2012, 10:27 PM
One question......why?

Hawaii 5-0
04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Byron Leftwich goes back to Steelers

Posted by Josh Alper on April 26, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/610x12.jpg?w=250

Thereís bigger news about to be made in New York City, but we know where Byron Leftwich will be playing next season.

Itís the same place heís been playing for two of the last three seasons. Leftwich told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he has agreed to terms on a contract with the Steelers. Heíll join Charlie Batch as backups to Ben Roethlisberger.

There was reportedly some interest in Leftwich from the Colts. Indy offensive coordinator Bruce Arians was previously the offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh and was thought to want Leftwich to help Andrew Luck make the transition to the NFL. Either that interest was overblown or Leftwich preferred to stay in familiar surroundings for another year.

Either way, the Steelers have three of last yearís quarterbacks back with the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/byron-leftwich-goes-back-to-steelers/

steelbelieve
04-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Not sexy, but solid, solid resign. Experienced savvy qb who can still hum the ball with the best of them. Especially with a suddenly improving offensive line, he's a great guy to have behind a Big Ben sprained ankle.

tony hipchest
04-27-2012, 12:57 AM
welcome back byron! : :tt02:

now piss off you attention wh0re, we got 6 more rounds of the draft to conduct and discuss.

Steel95
04-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Can somebody please explain to me why they did this? At some point, the Steelers need to get some youth in there to be the backup to Big Ben. Leftwitch is like a Statue back there, one hit and he's done! I would have preferred they kept Batch (which they did), and draft a younger QB to learn for a year or two. Leftwitch? Are you kidding me? I bet this was Mike Tomlin all the way, don't like it one bit.

California-Steel
04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Lefty does not want to be with BA, no one does. He already been there, done that. Why bang your head againt a wall again?!

Dino 6 Rings
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
yawn...for real...