PDA

View Full Version : Ravens, St. Louis, Cleveland get Screwed

Kingmagyar
04-26-2012, 11:56 PM
I loved this draft, this year. Not only because of Decastro, but what happened to some of our rivals and other teams.

First the Browns having to give up 3 picks (4th, 5th, 7th) just to move up one spot to prevent the Bucs from selecting Trent Richardson. That sucks.

Then the Ravens. The Patriots move up behind the Steelers to select Donta Hightower and then with the Ravens I'm sure ready to pick Nick Perry because they need a OLB badly have the Packers select Perry. What do the Ravens do? They immediately trade out of the first round. The run on pass rushers must have shocked the ravens along with even Zeitler going to Cincy. They still could get a Peter Konz or a Stephen Hill and look good but I'm sure they were looking OLB or Hightower. first and I'm sure they tried to trade up but failed.

The Bungals traded down and got an extra 4th but lost Decastro and took Zeitler instead. Only a classic Bungals error could help us land a David Decastro.

Then the Rams. Trade down from 2 to 6 to draft Blackman. They lose Blackman to Jacksonville, Kalil to the Vikings, and Claiborn to Dallas. Then you know when they traded back to 12 they were thinking Fletcher Cox would be there but they lost him to Philly who traded up ahead of them. Then they got Michael Brockers who I'm sure is good but can't be who they wanted.

devin7558
04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
they are by far the biggest losers in this draft
well stated

GMU Steeler
04-27-2012, 01:17 AM
I was totally confused by the Browns trade. I get that Richardson is a great back but that's a crazy gamble to move up one spot. I think the Ravens wanted Hightower or Perry and the second the Pats and Pack snagged them, they decided to trade down. I think they'll chose the Wisconsin C, Konz and decided not to do so tonight because they felt he'd be a reach.

PhantomJB93
04-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Browns giving up that much was indeed laughable, but anti-Browns bias aside I would actually be pleased with the way this turned out if I were a Browns fan. I think Weeden was being SEVERELY undervalued due to his age and will be much better than Mccoy. And Richardson is, of course, awesome as well.

As for the Ravens, all I have to say is LOL. I have a friend in my dorm who's a Ravens fan and he was just so pissed after that trade, especially since Minnesota selected Harrison Smith (who he wanted the Ravens to pick).

cbrunn
04-27-2012, 08:40 AM
How did the Rams get screwed though?? ... they didn't get blackmon ... not like he would of made that much of a difference ... the Rams are a lot of players away ... and they got a very good player in Brockers and 3 picks at the beginning of this second round

so they end up with Brockers
and say
Fleener
Jefferies/ Hill or maybe both ...

or all kind of combos >> Blackmon

just my opinion ... they'll get 4 first round/boarder line first round talents

TRH
04-27-2012, 09:42 AM
i thought the Rams had a bad night, which i thought was surprising, i thought they would have been much better prepared than they seemed.
The Ravens were indeed a loser.....one of their plans was to try and trade up to pick over us and get Dant'a Hightower...they can't get that done and then NE trades up and steals Hightower. Ouch.

The Browns on the other hand, i don't really see them as a loser. Richardson is a complete gamechanger, a downright scary threat. The place where they seem to lose a bit is at QB, they seem like deer-in-headlights....McCoy is obviously not their guy and Weedon could very well end up being the starter. They gave up a couple picks, but they wanted to make sure TB didn't do a deal with Minnesota to take Richardson. If the Browns can get Weedon to play to his potential as a franchise QB, they could once again become a very formidable opponent.

67 calsteel
04-27-2012, 10:26 AM
cbrunn is right.The Rams did not get screwed!The could take
33 Martin offensive tackle
39 Randle wide reciever
45 jenkins cornerback
3rd round brooks or washington offensive guard
4th round McNutt or boyles wr

you now have give Bradford weapons to throw to and people to protest him

cbrunn
04-27-2012, 10:31 AM
if i was the Rams i would try to trade to Colts because they want Fleener bad ... pick up an extra like 5 or 6 to drop down 1 spot ...

Imagin it's possible they could get

Martin. Glenn , and best receiver option with the or even Lamar Miller ... plenty of receivers later in this draft

Kingmagyar
04-27-2012, 11:27 AM
cbrunn is right.The Rams did not get screwed!The could take
33 Martin offensive tackle
39 Randle wide reciever
45 jenkins cornerback
3rd round brooks or washington offensive guard
4th round McNutt or boyles wr

you now have give Bradford weapons to throw to and people to protest him

Every one of those picks is questionable and is not a sure fire player. There are only 6 true blue chip players in this draft and you trade away from them twice. The bottom line is their first choice was Justin Blackmon and they failed. 2nd choice was Fletcher Cox and they failed. Two teams traded ahead of you twice and stole your picks. You are being screwed. If it was their plan to trade back they would have done so before the draft. This is a fallback plan for failure.

kan_t
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Every one of those picks is questionable and is not a sure fire player. There are only 6 true blue chip players in this draft and you trade away from them twice. The bottom line is their first choice was Justin Blackmon and they failed. 2nd choice was Fletcher Cox and they failed. Two teams traded ahead of you twice and stole your picks. You are being screwed. If it was their plan to trade back they would have done so before the draft. This is a fallback plan for failure.
It's their fallback plan no doubt but I don't think it's a failure. They have holes everywhere. One blue chip players won't help them much. And according to King, which is a reliable source, Brockers was one of their four targets when Blackmon was gone. I'm not even sure if Cox is really their second choice. Now they have three early picks in the second round to address other needs and there are still lots of players who are considered as first round talents (Martin, Fleener, Glenn, etc). I think they recover very well.

The biggest loser is the Seahawks. They can probably pick Bruce Irvin in the second round and they have just lost a Seahawks fan to the Steelers. :chuckle:

devin7558
04-27-2012, 03:17 PM
i think the rams lost. they were unprepared for what happened in front of them. there just isnt a lot of sure fire talent that is elite in this draft. shoulda stayed put and took claiborne or one of the dominant WR's for bradford to pitch to.

brockers could be a monumental bust.

67 calsteel
04-28-2012, 02:32 PM
First of all both of the players everyone is saying are sure fired picks have high grades this year.They stayed the extra year in college so they would look this good.They would not have been that have been that ranked this high last year Blackman and claiborne would have been the 3rd rated at there positions at best.
Second the rams are more than two players away from be a average team.The rams can not become a playoff team with one draft.
Plus they get 2 first round picks

DG94
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
It's their fallback plan no doubt but I don't think it's a failure. They have holes everywhere. One blue chip players won't help them much. And according to King, which is a reliable source, Brockers was one of their four targets when Blackmon was gone. I'm not even sure if Cox is really their second choice. Now they have three early picks in the second round to address other needs and there are still lots of players who are considered as first round talents (Martin, Fleener, Glenn, etc). I think they recover very well.

The biggest loser is the Seahawks. They can probably pick Bruce Irvin in the second round and they have just lost a Seahawks fan to the Steelers. :chuckle:

According to NFL.com, Rex Ryan called the Seahawks and told them (in true Ryan fashion!) that he would have selected Irvin with the 16th pick had the Seahawks not taken him.