PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the browns will give us any trouble with the addition of Richardson?

wingnut
04-27-2012, 06:00 AM
With our aging defense, it could be worrisome if a big stud in an opponents stable that we have to play twice could be a problem. Anyone feel this way or do I worry too much?

steeltheone
04-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Not yet. not without a QB.....Richardson is a stud though

kan_t
04-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Well they basically give us DeCastro by drafting a 28 years old QB when they also badly need a right guard. So right now all I say is 'Thank you' when I think of the Browns.

TRH
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
He's ridiculously good and could be downright scary. He's 10X better than Peyton Hillis was and he'll be a game-changer. I'd be thrilled if i was a Browns fan.

I've heard numerous reports this morning that they're looking to deal Colt McCoy and most analysts have McCoy at 50/50 being traded before the draft is over. If they get strong at the QB position with Weeden, they might start being a real serious threat again.

Kingmagyar
04-27-2012, 10:03 AM
We need a NT and ILB for the future or all teams will start running on us. Those two positions are the key to us being our old run stuffing selves.

Browns took some criticism for taking Richardson in a division that has two run stopping defenses. If you notice any back will struggle against a good run defense.

55BaileyFan
04-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Just remember, when you go to Cleveland...your career is over.

He may be good, but we I have three words that explain why he will have no real effect on us...

Harrison and Woodley.

It doesn't matter how good your are, if the people across from you are better.

kan_t
04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Just remember, when you go to Cleveland...your career is over.

He may be good, but we I have three words that explain why he will have no real effect on us...

Harrison and Woodley.

It doesn't matter how good your are, if the people across from you are better.
Joe Thomas is no joke if he's healthy. Alex Mack too. Their offensive line can be very good if they address their guard issue in the draft.

Dalarin
04-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I work with a Browns fan who is a pretty good sport. She has said for years the Browns are one puzzle piece away from being 3 pieces away from having a good team.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Did the league turn into a run first league since last night? As usual the stains are behind in the times.

Richardson was quoted late last night after it sunk in where he was goin " F me"

Fire Arians
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
richardson is a beast but the browns will need a lot more than that to make them competitive. it's a shame for the browns fans that they don't have 20 first round picks

kan_t
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
richardson is a beast but the browns will need a lot more than that to make them competitive. it's a shame for the browns fans that they don't have 20 first round picks
Yes I don't get the hate of picking Richardson. I think he's a real deal. But the Weeden pick is a classic bonehead move.

Hawaii 5-0
04-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Report: Browns talking Colt McCoy trade with Packers

Posted by Evan Silva on April 27, 2012

Citing a source, Bill Huber of Packer Report reports that the Packers and Browns have discussed a trade that would send quarterback Colt McCoy to Green Bay.

McCoy is being shopped after the Browns used the 22nd overall pick in last night’s first round on Brandon Weeden. Weeden is tentatively projected as the Browns’ new Week One starter. His backup would be Seneca Wallace.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/report-browns-talking-colt-mccoy-trade-with-packers/

Sixburgher
04-27-2012, 03:46 PM
richardson is a beast but the browns will need a lot more than that to make them competitive.

Precisely. The Lions had Barry Sanders and next to nothing else for years. Got them in the neighborhood of 7-9/8-8 most of the time.

MasterOfPuppets
04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
i just posted this in another thread but it fits here as well.....

is he ? who was the best RB in last years draft ? mark ingram ? oh crap he ran behind behind alabama's oline too... coincidence? i think not. i'm not saying either guy won't be good , but two college super stars running behind the same line , leads me to believe the bulk of their success might be because of their teammates who paved the way for them.

2011 - mark ingram

2010 - cj spillar , ryan mathews , jahvid best

2009 knowshon moreno, donald brown , beanie wells

any of these first rounders making a big difference for their teams ?

Curtain_of_Steel
04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
He is on the Browns, doesnt matter about anything else?

Fool for an owner, a GM who is full of himself, and a head coach who is there purely as gift from the gm.

Hawaii 5-0
04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Brandon Weeden wants to follow Kurt Warner’s career path

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 27, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/brandonweeden.jpg?w=250

Kurt Warner didn’t start an NFL game until he was 28 years old, but when he finally became a starter he made the most of it, winning the MVP in 1999 and the Super Bowl MVP that postseason. That sounds like a good path for Brandon Weeden to follow.

Weeden, the Browns’ second first-round pick on Thursday night, knows he has a very long way to go before anyone will compare him to Warner for any reason other than the late start to his NFL career. But in a conversation with Warner on NFL Network, Weeden said that as a 28-year-old rookie, he’s using Warner as a role model.

“As you know, maturity, leadership, how you go about business in a locker room, I think that goes a long way — especially playing this position,” Weeden told Warner. “I use you as an example all the time. You had a tremendous career, won a lot of games starting at 28, all the way through your 30s and had a fantastic career. I’m not comparing myself to you — I hope to be mentioned in the same sentence as you — but longevity-wise, I think I’ve got a lot of football left in my tank. If I can play for eight, 10, 12 years, that’s a heck of an NFL career and something I would take a lot of pride in.”

Weeden referred to Browns quarterback Colt McCoy as “a great player,” but he said he’s looking forward to competing with McCoy. The Browns will have a good pick if Weeden is better than McCoy. If Weeden can become anything like Warner, they’ll have a great pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/brandon-weeden-wants-to-follow-kurt-warners-career-path/

JCPsteelers
04-27-2012, 07:14 PM
The game is won with the passing game and the Browns take a RB 3rd overall who if you watch his videos, doesn't have many "wow" runs like Adriana Peterson or Barry Sanders would. Count me as not concerned about the Clowns.

zcoop
04-27-2012, 07:27 PM
He scares the hell out of me, because I've seen him play too many times. He's a solid runner with power and a little speed to boot.

NSMaster56
04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
No.

I say this because:

Well they basically give us DeCastro by drafting a 28 years old QB when they also badly need a right guard.
...the Browns are one puzzle piece away from being 3 pieces away from having a good team.

The Browns will be better, especially since their D has been stout for a few years now, but they're not going to give more complete teams too much trouble.

Lord of Lombardi
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
With our aging defense, it could be worrisome if a big stud in an opponents stable that we have to play twice could be a problem. Anyone feel this way or do I worry too much?

Nice try Sheet stain. Move on Troll-Boy Brown Dung

SuckItUp
04-28-2012, 03:32 PM
LOLOLOL. Browns head coach on cartoon network now "We prefer our quarterbacks to be be of retirement age when they're ready to start. We have a standard of contentment being the AFC Norths whipping boy. We feel we went out of our comfort zone by drafting a high motor achiever with our first pick. We hope our guys will help him learn to calm down and accept losing as a way of life."

SteelShazam
04-29-2012, 02:25 PM
LOLOLOL. Browns head coach on cartoon network now "We prefer our quarterbacks to be be of retirement age when they're ready to start. We have a standard of contentment being the AFC Norths whipping boy. We feel we went out of our comfort zone by drafting a high motor achiever with our first pick. We hope our guys will help him learn to calm down and accept losing as a way of life."

That's classic! :rofl:

FrancoLambert
04-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Browns???? I'm deeply worried about the Bengals.
They had an awesome draft. It seemed like there was a very talented player still available and just waiting for them at each pick.
One can only hope that Marvin Lewis will work his wonderful magic again.....they certainly upgraded their roster talent-wise.

ZiggyHeyward
04-29-2012, 06:46 PM
No. they will play in 3rd and long all game after playing the old run, run throw and we will dominate as usual.

finesward
04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
I see the run defense being a bit of liability early this year as they get things settled in @ LB, but for the most part Richardson does not really, and shouldn't, worry me too much. The guy that has consistently given us the most problems is Ray Rice...and to me Richardson, while powerful and shifty...is still no Ray Rice. Ray plays low to the ground and is nimble enough to make hard cuts that catches our guys out of position. Richardson is used to having some nice size holes to run through and hasn't played any defense with LB'ers like Harrison or Woodley.

Those two (and Timmons) have taken All-Pro RB's out of games just by giving them a couple good licks early. I'll never forget the game against the Titans, don't remember which one...but they completely smacked CJ2K early, I think by Timmons, and he fumbled...that was it for him. He spent the rest of the game completely shook. I think Richardson is much tougher, but going against the Ravens, Steelers, and the now stout Bengals run defense 6 times a year is going to take it's toll.

zcoop
04-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I see the run defense being a bit of liability early this year as they get things settled in @ LB, but for the most part Richardson does not really, and shouldn't, worry me too much. The guy that has consistently given us the most problems is Ray Rice...and to me Richardson, while powerful and shifty...is still no Ray Rice. Ray plays low to the ground and is nimble enough to make hard cuts that catches our guys out of position. Richardson is used to having some nice size holes to run through and hasn't played any defense with LB'ers like Harrison or Woodley.

Those two (and Timmons) have taken All-Pro RB's out of games just by giving them a couple good licks early. I'll never forget the game against the Titans, don't remember which one...but they completely smacked CJ2K early, I think by Timmons, and he fumbled...that was it for him. He spent the rest of the game completely shook. I think Richardson is much tougher, but going against the Ravens, Steelers, and the now stout Bengals run defense 6 times a year is going to take it's toll.

I don't think we have to worry about the Browns as a team but Richardson is better that some are giving him. He played in college football's best conference (SEC) against some pretty good defensive talent. This kid can play and he has a lotta heart.

We had better bring our A game against the run when he's playing.

StevieRayVol
04-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Richardson played at Pensacola Escambia in high school and broke a few records held by a pretty good back from Escambia: Emitt Smith. Richardson was highly recruited and was known a record setter in the Alabama weight room as well. He not only performs on the field but his feats of strength for a running back are legendary in Tuscaloosa. But that being said...No, it doesn't bother me he went to Cleveland. The Ratbirds are getting older., Cincinnati is the team that we are going to have to keep an eye on the new few years. Got some pretty good young players at the skilled positions in Dalton and A.J. Greene and Grisham the TE from Oklahoma.

Steelers1967
04-30-2012, 04:53 AM
I must agree with many of you...the Bengals are quickly becoming a team to reckon with.