PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket $199

MACH1
04-27-2012, 09:06 AM
If this is in the wrong place feel free to move mods. :chuckle:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is now just $19995. That's every out-of-market game every Sunday, all in HD*,
for over 40% off last year's price. You also get the Game Mix channel, Player Tracker, and real-time
scores and stats.

:thumbsup:

tanda10506
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
That for new customers only though?

MACH1
04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
That for new customers only though?

Nope, just went into my account and activated it for that price.

If you want all the bells and whistles it's 299.95

SoCalFan
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Huh... Still aint gettin my $$$....Nothing like hanging out with fellow Steelers fans and having a beer at the local pub when they are not on TV here! :tt03::drink::drink::drink::tt03:

NoFieldFive
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
they gave to us last year for free. but well worth the $200 this year. used to hang out at bars and watch games but with a 2 year old can't do that much anymore.

SoCalFan
04-27-2012, 10:42 AM
they gave to us last year for free. but well worth the $200 this year. used to hang out at bars and watch games but with a 2 year old can't do that much anymore.

True, I dont have any young kids myself! For me, $200.00 pays for alot of beer!!!

OX1947
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Nope, just went into my account and activated it for that price.

If you want all the bells and whistles it's 299.95

Whats the bells and whistles?

OX1947
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Whats the bells and whistles?

Ahhhhh, whatta scam. I just read the details on what is the 199 version compared to the 299 versions. The bastards took out redzone, the 30 min games after the sundays, etc, stuff that was included in the normal package. (bleep)s.

FrancoLambert
04-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Ahhhhh, whatta scam. I just read the details on what is the 199 version compared to the 299 versions. The bastards took out redzone, the 30 min games after the sundays, etc, stuff that was included in the normal package. (bleep)s.

:hatsoff:
Thanks for the fishing out the details.
$199 or $299? Money well spent to relax at home and follow the Steelers week to week.

MACH1
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM

Yep, I have a 10 year old I haven't finished brain washing yet. :chuckle:

:hatsoff:
Thanks for the fishing out the details.
$199 or $299? Money well spent to relax at home and follow the Steelers week to week.

And cheaper too.

mcopenhaver
04-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Huh... Still aint gettin my $$$....Nothing like hanging out with fellow Steelers fans and having a beer at the local pub when they are not on TV here! :tt03::drink::drink::drink::tt03:

Uh... Yeah!! Hoopin and hollerin with 50 of my closest Steeler fan friends is an important part of the season. 'Course it's prolly nothin like tailgating at Heinz Field, a pilgrimage I hope to make one day.

And don't you still need to be a DirecTV customer?

FanSince72
04-28-2012, 10:07 AM
I still don't understand why Cable or Satellite TV can't simply have an "Ala Carte" menu for the NFL.

Pick a game (or games) that you want to see each week and pay for just those games.

I've had the Sunday Ticket in the past and frankly, it wasn't worth having.
I like to DVR games (so I can blow past the commercials) so if I record the Steelers at 1:00 pm, I can't watch any other games because I'd see the Steelers' score at some point. But if even if I wanted to watch it live, I was rarely interested enough in the other games to keep bouncing back and forth.

We've always fielded a pretty competitive team over the years so that means the we're on National TV quite a bit. So when you take away the National games along with the occasional "bonus" scheduling where I get to see a Steeler game at 1:00 pm on an average Sunday, depending on how well we're doing, that can account for as many as five or six "free" games. I can't see where it makes any sense to pay $200 just to watch ten games, especially when I can get those games online.

Granted, an online game doesn't have the picture quality that TV does and there's no "pause" or "replay", but I wouldn't have that if I were watching at a sports bar or if I was at the game, so that no big deal.

But if Cable or DTV offered an opportunity to purchase JUST the Steeler games, I'd buy them all and be very happy with the rest of the FreeTV stuff that's normally on.

But that's just me.

wootawnee
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
With the Ticket I watch a ton of snaps.....Comercial time you get snaps......Its great.....5 bucks a beer in cali....Most games are on at 10am out here...You buy breakfast at the bar....Easy 30 bucks a week....

stb_steeler
04-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I still don't understand why Cable or Satellite TV can't simply have an "Ala Carte" menu for the NFL.

Pick a game (or games) that you want to see each week and pay for just those games.

I've had the Sunday Ticket in the past and frankly, it wasn't worth having.
I like to DVR games (so I can blow past the commercials) so if I record the Steelers at 1:00 pm, I can't watch any other games because I'd see the Steelers' score at some point. But if even if I wanted to watch it live, I was rarely interested enough in the other games to keep bouncing back and forth.

We've always fielded a pretty competitive team over the years so that means the we're on National TV quite a bit. So when you take away the National games along with the occasional "bonus" scheduling where I get to see a Steeler game at 1:00 pm on an average Sunday, depending on how well we're doing, that can account for as many as five or six "free" games. I can't see where it makes any sense to pay $200 just to watch ten games, especially when I can get those games online.

Granted, an online game doesn't have the picture quality that TV does and there's no "pause" or "replay", but I wouldn't have that if I were watching at a sports bar or if I was at the game, so that no big deal.

But if Cable or DTV offered an opportunity to purchase JUST the Steeler games, I'd buy them all and be very happy with the rest of the FreeTV stuff that's normally on.

But that's just me.
You can purchase one game at a time from DTV....but its a bit pricey @ 40 bucks a game.. You might as well purchase the whole package for 199.

pittpete
04-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks, I was gonna cancel and start going to the local bar because of the high price.
$200 for the year considering how many games will be nationally televised and the 2 NY games is still worth it
ho needs the redzone crap