PDA

View Full Version : Would trade a 4th, 5th or later rd for COlt?

Steelerindc
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I just want to gauge the curiosity of the board. I think Colt McCoy could be a decent QB if he had some weapons around him.

I think the Steelers need to get younger at that position, and instead of drafting a guy in the late rounds with no experience I would gladly take Colt to back up Ben

Vis
04-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I just want to gauge the curiosity of the board. I think Colt McCoy could be a decent QB if he had some weapons around him.

I think the Steelers need to get younger at that position, and instead of drafting a guy in the late rounds with no experience I would gladly take Colt to back up Ben
He would be 6th qb on the roster wouldn't he?

Hawaii 5-0
04-27-2012, 03:19 PM

sorry, we don't like white backup QBs...:chuckle:

Curtain_of_Steel
04-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Or QB's under 5ft tall and made of glass.

Fire Arians
04-27-2012, 03:32 PM
come on man

stehle7
04-27-2012, 03:34 PM
sorry, we don't like white backup QBs...:chuckle:

Ha, awesome.... Giving up a draft pick for a backup we would never want to be our starter makes no sense. Especially with the success we've had in these rounds in the past.. What if we gave up Antonio Brown for sorry ass Colt McCoy to get Big Ben Gatorade.

gloydfan
04-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Not such a bad idea.

STEELAMANIA
04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
No way. Colt is too undersized. he can play but Batch is actually better than Colt.

MasterOfPuppets
04-27-2012, 04:21 PM
No way. Colt is too undersized. he can play but Batch is actually better than Colt.
you do realize he's bigger than drew brees right ?

TRH
04-27-2012, 04:30 PM
NO.

I'd rather have Leftwich in, but i will McCoy's much better than Batch. I wouldn't mind taking someone near the end of the draft depending on who's left as a backup to be groomed. I really don't like our backup situation....its "just ok" for right now, but won't be for long.
I don't think anyone around here really desires McCoy to be here.

JCPsteelers
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
No. Colt sucks.

tanda10506
04-27-2012, 05:10 PM
That would be a waiste, Colt wouldn't even show up to the facilities knowing Harrison might be there.

Raw Steel
04-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Why would you trade for a QB who is 5-16 as a starter?

Hawaii 5-0
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Why would you trade for a QB who is 5-16 as a starter?

Joe Montana might not have done much better playing for the Clowns...:sign03:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wgAMhZcvzmU/SVfzCziFFmI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/c3MEltlo7l0/s400/browns+suck.jpg

EbonySteel86
04-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Our backups will be on IR by week 5, or sooner, so that might not be a bad idea.

Steelerindc
04-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Our backups will be on IR by week 5, or sooner, so that might not be a bad idea.

That's what I mean, Lefty won't make it out of preseason and if the Steelers really thought Batch was ok, they would've sat Ben after he got hurt knowing we already had the playoffs locked up last season.

Instead they put Ben out there against a mean 49er defense and got him hit numerous times behind this o-line.

I know Colt is not the best but does anybody remember what Batch and Lefty were as a starter. They weren't world beaters either. In the right situation and QB like Colt might flourish.

I take you back to Rich Gannon, who toiled around the NFL for almost 12 yrs until he got with a good coach and then became NFL MVP.

Not saying that's going to happen with Colt, but I would like some youth at the backup and he has NFL experience.

Boomer
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Not only no but hell no...

steeltheone
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Case Keenum round 7

Sixburgher
04-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Doubtful, since the front office is finally taking the offensive line seriously.

rmoritz
04-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I would welcome a trade for Colt. I think he would be a good BACK up to Ben. We need a good back up to Ben, No offense to Charlie, but his age is up there and Leftwich? Look we need a back up who can learn our system and come in when and if Benn gets hurt. Ben played the end of last season hurt. Why? because we really did not have a back up that would be able to help get through the playoffs. Lets be honest Colt, in my opion with the PROPER coaching, would not be a bad back up. Also, what do we do with Wallce? My thinking is possibly trade to the Rams for their running back and a 2nd round for next year, then go out and sign a 1 year with Plexico?