PDA

View Full Version : How Likely is that Adams and Decastro Both Start This Year?

3rdandlong
04-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Looks like we got two studs at offensive line. How likely do younthink it is that these two are starting on opening day?

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Looks like we got two studs at offensive line. How likely do younthink it is that these two are starting on opening day?

slim to none, DeCastro will start but Mike Adams is going to be given a redshirt year to learn and get in the weight room.

Vis
04-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Very likely they both start this year. Maybe not week 1 but I'm hoping

Rick5895
04-28-2012, 04:33 PM
DeCastro from day 1. Adams may take some time, but I expect injury will force him in by mid season.

desertsteel
04-28-2012, 04:38 PM
DeCastro from day 1. Adams may take some time, but I expect injury will force him in by mid season.
^^^ Yeah this

MasterOfPuppets
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
tomlin and kuglar have both said the best 5 players will be on the field. which leads me to believe they are willing to move guys to different positions. if adams to better at RT then he should take colons position , if colon is better at LG , then he should start over foster.

Bayz101
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Before Adams got in trouble, some people had him rated higher than DeCastro in mocks. Skill/Talent wise: They should both be starters from day one.

MasterOfPuppets
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Before Adams got in trouble, some people had him rated higher than DeCastro in mocks. Skill/Talent wise: They should both be starters from day one.
liar....:popcorn:

Bayz101
04-28-2012, 05:19 PM
liar....:popcorn:

Nope, even one of the talking heads on NFL Network said something about it earlier when discussing our draft thus far. But you may have to go back as far as before the combine, because after that, Adams' stock dipped a little due to his poor performance.

Edit: And no, I don't listen to everything the NFL Network says :chuckle:

Bayz101
04-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Also. I went back and looked at several pre-combine mock drafts, and a lot of them had Adams going before DeCastro. I'm not saying he's better, i'm just saying talent wise, he should be a starter. Character wise? Not so sure.

GameTime55
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Perhaps both will. Im more confident saying that DeCastro will start from Day 1.

Pouncey and DeCastro sounds so frigging awesome to say.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Both will eventually start this year. Decastro will immediately start. Adams, may be a starter from day 1, but more likely by week 6-8. But he could surprise as who does Adams have to beat out? Legursky or Foster?lol Come on. Whats next you guys saying those 2 clowns are studs?lol.Adams was a solid 1, who dropped tdue to second hand smoke, lol
Adams off the field issues are behind him, he proved that when he came back to the Steelers uninvited to talk to Tomlin and Rooneys. He man'ed up. That is what we like!. We need more Steelers to step up and say, hey I F'ed up, Im sorry. Adams did just that!
Right Ike?lol

Ta'Amu is going to be a studand will be our NT for years to come, give him 1 year.

Love the Rainey pick too. Load'em up with Gators!

dyce23
04-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Both will eventually start this year. Decastro will immediately start. Adams, may be a starter from day 1, but more likely by week 6-8. But he could surprise as who does Adams have to beat out? Legursky or Foster?lol Come on. Whats next you guys saying those 2 clowns are studs?lol.Adams was a solid 1, who dropped tdue to second hand smoke, lol
Adams off the field issues are behind him, he proved that when he came back to the Steelers uninvited to talk to Tomlin and Rooneys. He man'ed up. That is what we like!. We need more Steelers to step up and say, hey I F'ed up, Im sorry. Adams did just that!
Right Ike?lol

Ta'Amu is going to be a studand will be our NT for years to come, give him 1 year.

Love the Rainey pick too. Load'em up with Gators!

Adams won't play G - he's a T.

Fire Arians
04-28-2012, 06:17 PM

My thoughts as well. Decastro will start and I think Adams will too, mainly because I'm not confident that colon will stay healthy. 1 game in 2 seasons?

TheVet
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I've never been exactly wowed by Colon. Adams should be able to start at some point this year.

dyce23
04-28-2012, 06:23 PM
I've never been exactly wowed by Colon. Adams should be able to start at some point this year.

Agree. I like the idea that's been kicked around about moving Colon to the G spot, but I doubt we'll do it. Either way, I want Adams and Gilbert on the outside. I just feel more secure with that, even if they're young.