PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Streeter WR?

tanda10506
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM
What do you guys think if he is there in the 7th? 6'5 220!

Kingmagyar
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
And Absolute must draft if he is there in the 7th. If he is there then 31 other teams forgot he exists. Although the way players are falling to the Steelers today?

tanda10506
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I agree, IMO they should have took him over a 7th RB.

GameTime55
04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
WRs there in 7th.

Streeter .. fa sure. Would have easily been a 2nd rounder next year had he stayed in school. possibly a 1st.

Marvin McNutt IA
Jeff Fuller TX A&M
Dwight Jones UNC
Jermaine Kearse

My preference - -- Jones, Kearse & Streeter (in no particular order).

..although Streeter has room to improve and could be just as good.

Ben wants a big target. Streeter and Fuller fit the bill. I think Kearse can fill the need as well.

Dalarin
04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes please. Then maybe a fullback and a kicker. At the very least we still need a better kicker

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I agree, IMO they should have took him over a 7th RB.

now that Antonio Brown may be a starting WR he may no longer return punts and kickoffs. I believe that is one of the main reasons why we drafted Chris Rainey.

also, Baron Batch is coming off his second knee surgery and Mendy will most likely start the season on the PUP list. we needed some depth at RB and Chris Rainey offers a very unique skill-set and will compete immediately as a 3rd down back, his selection makes a lot of sense.

tburhans
04-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Ravens just got him

steelerchad
04-28-2012, 04:03 PM
now that Antonio Brown may be a starting WR he may no longer return punts and kickoffs. I believe that is one of the main reasons why we drafted Chris Rainey.

also, Baron Batch is coming off his second knee surgery and Mendy will most likely start the season on the PUP list. we needed some depth at RB and Chris Rainey offers a very unique skill-set and will compete immediately as a 3rd down back, his selection makes a lot of sense.

There's also a new rule in play this year where a guy can be put on IR and then brought back on the team. But you can only use it once, so I think we'd save it incase Ben wen't down or maybe a Harrison or Polamalu on defense. I don't think we'd use it on Mendy, because the dropoff is not as severe if he can't play.

tanda10506
04-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Take away Mendy and we still had 5 RB's and all of them except MM are 2nd or 3rd year guys, I don't see us needing another RB. Now Baltimore has a 6'5 WR that they got in the 6th....damn

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Take away Mendy and we still had 5 RB's and all of them except MM are 2nd or 3rd year guys, I don't see us needing another RB. Now Baltimore has a 6'5 WR that they got in the 6th....damn

Mewelde Moore is no longer on our roster.

Dalarin
04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
**** Baltimore. The whole city is trash.

Kingmagyar
04-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Baltimore getting Streeter hurts. it would have been a great steal for the Steelers to get Streeter in the 7th to culminate a draft of steals for them.

This guy might not catch many and be inconsistent but it will only take one catch a game, the right catch to win games for the Ravens. That seems to be their thing now. Play defense and shoot for some home runs during the game. If they hit on a couple that's enough to win no matter how bad their offense plays to that point.

tanda10506
04-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I think this is the ONLY problem with this draft. With Baron Batch healthy now, I just don't see the need for another WR. Now that he has gone to Baltimore it may come back to bite us in the ass. That said, I'm really not complaining, we did great this draft.

Bayz101
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Mewelde Moore is no longer on our roster.

He's still on the team, just not likely to stay.

Hawaii 5-0
04-28-2012, 08:45 PM
He's still on the team, just not likely to stay.

Mewelde Moore is currently an unrestricted free agent and therefore not listed on the Steelers' current roster:

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

Kingmagyar
04-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Mewelde Moore is currently an unrestricted free agent and therefore not listed on the Steelers' current roster:

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

And that is the way it will stay. We have a guy who can actually run to the sideline now (Rainey) and fans can't leave their seats and go get nachos and a beer before he gets there.