PDA

View Full Version : Watch this video of Mike Adams getting the news he's a Steeler.:

StevieRayVol
04-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Gotta pull for the kid after that one!http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/sections/dispatch-stories/football.html :tt04:

It's the one that stays Adams drafted by Steelers: Click on it and pull it up and watch it. The guy sounds really intelligent and LOVES THE STEELERS! How can you not pull for a kid like that?

Blackout
04-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Mike Adams owns yall.

Steelers love making dreams come true.

tony hipchest
04-30-2012, 02:01 AM
thats cool.

he seems to love the steelers just like the rest of us fans do and that makes his story an easy one to hope turns to success.

i like that kevin colbert stuck out his neck and is personally accountable if he fails.

i have faith in colbert and that adams will get his shit straight. the only thing that really concerns me at a quick glance, is that he seems to have bird legs. but then again, so did joe montana. :noidea:

MDSteel15
04-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Yes, let's hope another pothead from THE Ohio State University can grow up and get his sh!# straight or we'll be getting rid of his a55 in a couple of years too.... :banging:

TRH
04-30-2012, 07:52 AM
I grew up in that community as well about 45/60 minutes north of PIttsburgh. Sharon/Hermitage/Farrell. I didn't even realize he was from there until the draft.
In that area i'd say about 80% of everybody are huge Steelers fans and the other 20 are Browns fans. Great to see that he's such a big Steelers fan.....that has to be an awesome opportunity!

NCBlackWolf
04-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Gotta admit...it is pretty touching video.

Hope he grew up. He could be a stud in the NFL.

tunes4life
04-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Am I missing something? I know it's early and I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet but where is the video?

Curtain_of_Steel
04-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Right side of the screen, slightly off the middle of the page

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Good vid. Good to hear that he wants to be the "best LT in this draft" and "prove everybody wrong".

I also think that like he said about being in Pittsburgh with his "boy Cam Heyward" is gonna help him stay focused and hungry. I was skeptical of him with his play on tape being inconsistent, but I never doubted that he has physical skills to be a great LT. I hope Kugler makes him the steal of the draft.

Kingmagyar
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Yes, let's hope another pothead from THE Ohio State University can grow up and get his sh!# straight or we'll be getting rid of his a55 in a couple of years too.... :banging:

I hope we can lose the pothead references soon enough. His play and time here hopefully will take that away. It's a shame to label someone a pothead for the rest of his life when we all are guilty of some vice.

This is by no means a direct comment to MDSteel15 but to others I say, "Don't think because beer and liquor are legal your somehow better then a smoker of weed when you get even more impaired, do much worse damage to your body and could kill someone behind the wheel of a car." And anyone who goes out to a bar and has a few drinks usually gets in a car afterward and drives. Who is not guilty in that regard?

This in no way endorses pot smoking for Mike Adams because he has so much to lose and should not blow the talent he has on a drug or any vice. Let's hopefully wipe the slate clean for him and give him a fresh start for a football team he truly loves with all his heart.

MACH1
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
"Don't think because beer and liquor are legal your somehow better then a smoker of weed

Last time I checked you can't go to the grocery store or bar and order up a baggie of skunk. Alcohol is legal, pot is not. One makes you a criminal just possessing it. :noidea:

With that said it would not hurt my feelings if they made pot legal.

Although I do agree with you on the DUI part.

Steelersfan87
04-30-2012, 04:17 PM
The Steelers offer Mike Adams a lot of reasons to excel that other teams would not be able to. The chips are stacked in his favor to succeed in Pittsburgh, and I'm looking forward to watching him play. He's living the fan's dream, and that's great to see.

AgentGold007
04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
From my hometown Farrell, Pa. Farrell Steelers/Pittsburgh Steelers. Love it. Go Steelers.

LlamaTorYoUp
04-30-2012, 09:04 PM
The kid was surrounded by bad influences in tOSU football program...or rather a culture of 'I can get away with anything because I'm a football player'. He did something incredibly stupid (not to mention illegal), but has been given the gift of a second chance. What he does with it is totally and completely up to him, and I'm encouraged by the manner in which he handled it to this point.

This video really does show someone who is ecstatic to be a Steeler. He says he'll give us everything he's got...and at 6'7 330lbs he's got a lot to give. I feel good about this pick, and I think we'll see a motivated and focused OT in Latrobe.

Fire Arians
04-30-2012, 09:12 PM
i'm excited about this pick. it was a risk but if he pans out, our o-line will be solid for the next decade

Bluedust
04-30-2012, 10:08 PM

So how's life going for ya? I'll smoke this one for ya since you seem kind of tense and/or angry. Have a swell night :) *becomes calm instead of typing BIG BAD DIRTY SWEAR WORDS IN CODE*

Maybe if you laid off the booze or cigarettes you wouldn't be so messed up.

austinfrench76
04-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Awesome video, thanks! I hope this pick pans out for more reasons than one...

Curtain_of_Steel
05-01-2012, 12:28 AM
There was zero risk after he showed up unannounced to meet with Rooney and Tomlin and ate the humble pie and manned up to his F up. Not many kids let alone premadonna adults would do this.

PolskiPower
05-01-2012, 09:29 PM
This is just great news and a great video. I think he could be a very, very good lineman. He certainly has the confidence. I'm rooting for this kid big time. Hope he and DeCastro shore up our line.

LayingTheWoodley56
05-01-2012, 09:42 PM
The fact that he smokes weed doesn't make him a bad person or a risk or a player AT ALL. This is a conversation for another message board, but I will tell all of you I am graduating college in two weeks and I have lit up more than my fair share in the past four years. So have an overwhelming percentage of my peers. It shouldn't carry the negative stigma it does.

This video is awesome! Great to see big Mike reveling in joining the greatest franchise in football. It's clear that he GETS IT in that regard at least. Can't wait to see him mauling in the black and gold next season!

tony hipchest
05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
heres a new video of footage of him at his post draft afta party immediately following him receiving the great news.

9t0FjX7BD64