PDA

View Full Version : How the experts mock drafts went

Kingmagyar
04-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Here are a few of the so called experts who mocked this years draft. They got credit for matching a player with a team even if the pick number had shifted. I don't have Todd Mcshay or Mel Kiper so if someone could check how they did and add it here that would be great.

Rick Gosslin does not mock anymore, but he had the most last year. This year the new winner among mocks I found is :

Dane Brugler NFLDraftScout.com Analyst 11 right.

some others
Clark Judge 8
Will Brinson 8
Pete Prisco 7
Steve Wyche 7
Walter Football 6
draftcountdown.com 6
Rob Rang 6
Pat Kirwin 6
Michael Lombardi 6
Charles Davis 6
Chad Reuter 6
Bucky Brooks 6
Ed Bouchette 6
Mike Mayock 5

In my last Steelers mock I did manage two correct guesses of Chris Rainey and Tony Clemons, but that's out of 10 picks, so I'm not bragging.

tony hipchest
04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
damn... i only got 4 i think, but i nailed the cleveland vikings trade. swap zeiter and decastro and i'd have 6.

Kingmagyar
04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Those trades early screwed everybody up.

MDSteel15
04-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Of the first 7 picks I had 6 of them in at least 1 of my drafts! :chuckle: But I did have all the positions correct! :hatsoff:

TRH
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Here are a few of the so called experts who mocked this years draft. They got credit for matching a player with a team even if the pick number had shifted. I don't have Todd Mcshay or Mel Kiper so if someone could check how they did and add it here that would be great.

In my last Steelers mock I did manage two correct guesses of Chris Rainey and Tony Clemons, but that's out of 10 picks, so I'm not bragging.

Who would've thought we'd get DeCastro? That was almost an impossibility, yet it happened. Or even Adams for that matter should have been gone by the time we picked in the 2nd (after we would have taken Hightower in the first). Then Spence came out of nowhere. And then our 4th was another miracle.
To mock ours would have been like a lottery ticket. lol

DG94
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Those trades early screwed everybody up.

Exactly. I think it was Mike Mayock during the draft who said that mock drafts were now a thing of the past due to the new CBA meaning high first round picks don't come with such huge salaries for untested rookies.