PDA

View Full Version : How much longer for Dick LeBeau?

tanda10506
05-04-2012, 02:31 AM
I know we have him this year and that is great, but has he mentioned anything about retiring at the end of this season or next? Is he just on a year to year basis? I know everybody has their opinions on what he will do, I was just wondering if he himself has said anything, or if somebody "in the know" has spoke about anything. Most people love him, a few on here are about ready to move on, but I know it will be a sad day for me when he retires, almost as sad as when we released Hines.

PhantomJB93
05-04-2012, 03:19 AM
I feel like Keith Butler would have left by now for another job if there weren't a definite retirement date set for LeBeau. Not that they'd announce that to the public.

FanSince72
05-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Isn't there a Federal law against having LeBeau leave the Steelers?

In fact I think the Rooney's have a policy in place where in the event LeBeau dies, they'll just wheel his mummified body out to the sidelines on a hand truck and play recordings of him calling defensive plays.
(There's no word on whether or not they've figured out how to make him spit, though).

Vis
05-04-2012, 09:41 AM
He set retirement for 100th birthday

Men of Steel
05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
i read your thread title and freaked for a second!
just dont think the words "longer" and "dick" should be in the same sentence :doh:

if we were to win one more superbowl, i definetly wouldnt mind him moving on. kind of like if we had won last year then hines could have retired in the sunset, buuuut.... that didnt happen.

so we'll see.

dyce23
05-04-2012, 11:31 AM
If we make a playoff run, but don't reach at least the AFC Championship, then I think he leaves this year. Conversely, if we win another SB this year, I also think he'll call it quits. Butler has stayed around to be the heir to Lebeau because I'm sure Lebeau told him he wants him to take over when he's done, and I'm sure he's also told him it won't be long before he hangs it up either. The only way I see Lebeau staying beyond this year is if we make a VERY strong push for the SB and fall short - barely. Then, I see him coming back for ONE more year, and regardless of the outcome, calling it quits at the end. Butler will be our DC by the beginning of next season or the following year. Seeing as how I think we'll be SB contenders as usual, I'm hoping he hangs it up after we win number 7 this year!

Fire Arians
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
1 or 2 more years. butler isn't going to wait forever for his chance. his decision to stay here makes me believe that lebeau is retiring and soon.

Curtain_of_Steel
05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Butler is well rewarded with a large paycheck for sitting in the wings, and his risk is ZERO. He goes to another team and F's it up, he is toast.

He could not have it any better here, he can not fail and only be rewarded.

steeltheone
05-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I hope DL stays on for years to come...

Hawaii 5-0
05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
1 or 2 more years. butler isn't going to wait forever for his chance. his decision to stay here makes me believe that lebeau is retiring and soon.

I agree 100%.