PDA

View Full Version : Steelers second round pick looking forward to proving self to doubters

mesaSteeler
05-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Steelers second round pick looking forward to proving self to doubters
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/steelers-second-round-looking-forward-proving-self/nNWdj/
PITTSBURGH —

Pittsburgh Steelers second round draft pick, Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams, thinks he has something to prove to his new team.

Adams was projected as a first round pick but fell in the draft because of a couple off the field issues. One of which is the fact that Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis in February.

The Steelers are holding a mandatory rookie mini-camp this weekend and Adams addressed the issue after practice.

“Step one is to prove myself off the field,” Adams said.

Adams wants to put the off the field troubles behind him.

“I haven’t had issues on the field,” Adams told reporters after the morning workout.

Dropping to the second round cost the Steelers' new left tackle money but he couldn’t be happier right now.

“At the end of the day, I’m where I want to be,” Adams told Channel 11’s Rich Walsh. “I’ve been a fan of this team and organization since I was a little kid.”

The Steelers wrap up rookie orientation weekend on Sunday. Adams will return to Ohio State to finish school and won’t return to the South Side until July.

TRH
05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Nice. This guy really wants to be a Steeler badly. If he can put those off-the-field issues behind him (which in reality were pretty damn minor), this guy could end up being an absolute steal and a Pro-Bowler as well.

Steelerfreak58
05-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Stay away from the smoke... pretty simple.

tony hipchest
05-05-2012, 12:47 PM
go do work, son!

Hawaii 5-0
05-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Marvel Smith smoked pot too and he turned out to be a pretty good OT for us, I believe that Mike Adams will also.

austinfrench76
05-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Adams will be fine! We need him...