PDA

View Full Version : so i was playing madden this weekend and it got me thinking....

ebsteelers
05-14-2012, 08:38 AM
was doing a fantasy draft of all the players in the nfl.

if there was one player in the nfl you could swap on to the steelers, and give up the same player on the steelers who would it be

example

if you want a qb you would have to give up ben. etc.

the 2 for some reason that stuck out to me were

b.j. raji for hampton, obviously the age plays a major part in this one,

and darrell revis for ike taylor

obviously this wouldnt happen but figure its the off season, lets have a little fun

there were others like mega tron for wallace, but i like our receving core and the way we spread it around,

maybe a top line kicker and get sushiam out of here?

lol go. go go.

:tt04:

Steelers>NFL
05-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Hampton for H. Nagota (Ravens)

Mike Wallace for Fitz (Arizona)

steelerchad
05-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Adrian Peterson for Mendy.

Dalarin
05-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Left guard* for Iupati. What an interior line that would be!

*idk who this years left guard will be.

SteeleReign
05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul for Ziggy Hood. Ziggy hasn't taken that next big step yet, and JPP would provide the tremendous pressure that our secondary & LBs need.

ebsteelers
05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
do you pierre paul would flourish on d line.. i feel like he would need to move to olb in our defense.. he sure is a monster though.

SteeleReign
05-14-2012, 10:34 AM
do you pierre paul would flourish on d line.. i feel like he would need to move to olb in our defense.. he sure is a monster though.

You may be right, but I'd take him in either case. He is so athletic and long he could handle MLB in coverage.

ebsteelers
05-14-2012, 10:41 AM
not gonna lie a fan draft was fun seeing different guys on the steelers.

i actually think pierre paul is my re de.... only in the 70s.. but after this year, im sure he'll be lower 90s possibly...

Vis
05-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Patrick Willis for Larry Foote

SteeleReign
05-14-2012, 10:52 AM

I actually debated over this one too. I only went with JPP because he seems almost unstoppable at times.

SteeleReign
05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
not gonna lie a fan draft was fun seeing different guys on the steelers.

i actually think pierre paul is my re de.... only in the 70s.. but after this year, im sure he'll be lower 90s possibly...

Surely, he'll be in the 90s. A case could be made that he turned the Giants season around last year.

ebsteelers
05-14-2012, 11:29 AM
thats for sure.

surprised no one wants joe flacco i mean he is the best qb in the nfl. lol..

obviously much easier if your a stains fan or rams fan, when most of your team is junk.

willis for foote is a solid one as well..

a healthy ed reed for ryan clark would of interest too.

not that anything is wrong with clark but imagine troy and reed in the secondary.

with harrison and woodley off the ends... that would be scary stuff

tanda10506
05-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Janikowski for Suisham- we would average at least 3 more points per game
Our #2 CB for Revis

A couple honorable mentions would be Willis for Foote and Carl Nicks for Foster/Legs.

casteeler
05-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Janikowski for Suisham- we would average at least 3 more points per game
Our #2 CB for Revis

A couple honorable mentions would be Willis for Foote and Carl Nicks for Foster/Legs.

Janikowski for Suisam! Perfect, those of us forced to watch the horrid Raiders in California know that would be an ideal trade

tanda10506
05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Janikowski for Suisam! Perfect, those of us forced to watch the horrid Raiders in California know that would be an ideal trade

LOL, yeah it would be great, but then the Raiders would never score again.

After all the great improvements made already this off season, all that's really left (that can actually happen this year) is the kicker position. Often times we pass on any FG more then 39 yards and even then Suisham is "iffy". Sometimes a kicker can make up for the offense's short comings, like Vinaterri did for Brady (who was also cheating) and Manning. It would be the perfect addition to an offense which is going to be pretty new. WR's will still be adapting to the new playbook, the run game will be different, and Ben will likely be a different type of passer, so there will be plenty of times where drives will fall just short in the first year (we can hope not, but I consider it likely), with a kicker that can knock it dead from 50 all day we would be scoring instead of punting. Sounds worth it to me.

Hawaii 5-0
05-14-2012, 03:33 PM

that's the first one that came to my mind also, what a major upgrade that would be!

ebsteelers
05-15-2012, 07:59 AM
would any one give up

troy for an eric berry ?

before you shoot me dead, i wouldnt but

fact is troy has max 3 or 4 years left..

berry could be in the league another 10 -12 years

pancake
05-15-2012, 02:02 PM
would any one give up

troy for an eric berry ?

before you shoot me dead, i wouldnt but

fact is troy has max 3 or 4 years left..

berry could be in the league another 10 -12 years

Instead trade Clark for Berry. I don't want to see Troy in another uniform. lol

RufSteel
05-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Willis for Foote is the obvious choice to me. That would easily be the best LB lineup in the league.

Scott for Carl Nicks would be my second choice. We would run all over everyone and easily have the best O-Line in the league, assuming Gilbert continues to improve.

NSMaster56
05-15-2012, 08:54 PM
I like the suggestions of:

Willis for Foote
Janikowski for Suisham

Personally, I'd probably go Ray Rice or CJ2K for Mendenhall. That would open up the offense in a much needed way.

Sure, the D would still have some holes, but I think they'd be fine. They're an elite corps even without an upgrade.

tanda10506
05-15-2012, 09:57 PM
I like the suggestions of:

Willis for Foote
Janikowski for Suisham

Personally, I'd probably go Ray Rice or CJ2K for Mendenhall. That would open up the offense in a much needed way.

Sure, the D would still have some holes, but I think they'd be fine. They're an elite corps even without an upgrade.

Yeah Mendy for CJ2K or AP (Rice is a ratbird so no thanks) would be a great deal. I wouldn't make that choice last year, but with our new O line AP or CJ2K could really shine and take a lot of heat off Ben.

Millers the sh!t
05-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Mike Wallace for limas sweed. I know deep down inside that if he's given another chance, he'll blow people out of their shoes.

Id trade whoever is replacing gay with revis.

PhantomJB93
05-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Lewis/Allen for Revis or Foote for Willis would be tempting, but in the end I think I'd actually do Redman for Adrian Peterson. I know running backs are mostly a dime a dozen, but Peterson is the exception to that, and I think the improvement to the offense he'd bring would be greater than the improvement Revis or Willis would bring to the defense.

ebsteelers
05-16-2012, 09:06 AM
peterson has he acl issue also..

pancake good idea, i would give up clark for berry in a second

would still like revis in the black and gold

and rice for mendy is a solid choice... get him out of a rat birds uniform

SteeleReign
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Lewis/Allen for Revis or Foote for Willis would be tempting, but in the end I think I'd actually do Redman for Adrian Peterson. I know running backs are mostly a dime a dozen, but Peterson is the exception to that, and I think the improvement to the offense he'd bring would be greater than the improvement Revis or Willis would bring to the defense.

I think I'd avoid AP. He's a stud for sure, but with a lot of mileage and will be on the downside of his production very soon. Add to that, the changing offensive philosophies around the league and I think I'd have to go with upgrades on defense. The new NFL will be predicated on stopping high-powered passing offenses. Thus...give me an unstoppable pass rusher, or a shut-down DB.

ebsteelers
05-16-2012, 09:13 AM
I think I'd avoid AP. He's a stud for sure, but with a lot of mileage and will be on the downside of his production very soon. Add to that, the changing offensive philosophies around the league and I think I'd have to go with upgrades on defense. The new NFL will be predicated on stopping high-powered passing offenses. Thus...give me an unstoppable pass rusher, or a shut-down DB.

Cameron Wake for Chris Carter?

we could dream cant we

cbrunn
05-16-2012, 09:26 AM

Yes sir P willis is a monster

3rdandlong
05-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Aaron Rodgers for Ben

Stu Pidasso
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
David Johnson for...

John Kuhn.

That's right, I said it! :)

Hawaii 5-0
05-16-2012, 03:41 PM
David Johnson for...

John Kuhn.

That's right, I said it! :)

David Johnson for ummm...anybody? :chuckle:

NSMaster56
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah Mendy for CJ2K or AP (Rice is a ratbird so no thanks) would be a great deal. I wouldn't make that choice last year, but with our new O line AP or CJ2K could really shine and take a lot of heat off Ben.

Not to mention that CJ2K/Rice are dangerous as recievers out of the backfield.

Wallace, Brown, Miller... Rice/CJ2K?! Thats a four horsemen scenario.