PDA

View Full Version : What is our Cap situation?

pancake
05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I know money is already pretty much figured out with Decastro and Spence, but what do we have left?

I think we cut Scott and his 2 milluon, but most of that if not all could go to Starks if they decided to bring him back.

Reason I am asking, lets say FO really wants Wallace to be here long term, what can we work in for this year? Do we have to rework and player to get him in? Is there anyone that could be cut?

What is our current cap after all draft pics are signed?

Steelersfan87
05-16-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/steelers-2012-salary-cap-total-players-under-contract/

According to Steelers Depot's tallies (and he's generally pretty spot on with this, they're about $6M under the cap Rule of 51 with DeCastro and Spence left to sign. That's with Wallace already accounting for $2.7M with his RFA tender, of course. They could save more money by cutting some guys like one of the guards that just gave $1.2M to or David Johnson, Will Allen, or Jonathan Scott, or they can restructure Polamalu or Harrison, etc.

pancake
05-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks DG. I think We will get something done with Wallace.

steeltheone
05-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks DG. I think We will get something done with Wallace.

He needs to prove himself when it counts before the Steelers pay him big bucks...IMO

Rick5895
05-17-2012, 06:18 AM
He needs to prove himself when it counts before the Steelers pay him big bucks...IMO

If we can get him signed long term for a reasonable amount of money by the WR salary standards we should, with brown and Sanders up for RFA after this season we need Wallace signed long term or we may just be in a bit of a jack pot a couple of years from now.

Kingmagyar
05-17-2012, 07:06 AM
If we can get him signed long term for a reasonable amount of money by the WR salary standards we should, with brown and Sanders up for RFA after this season we need Wallace signed long term or we may just be in a bit of a jack pot a couple of years from now.

The words reasonable amount of money I believe are not in Mike Wallace's agent's vocabulary. No official quote from Wallace about a specific amount though may end up surprising us all when he accepts a reasonable deal to stay put.

LVSteelersfan
05-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Can't mortgage the team for one player. Steelers don't usually work that way especially with WRs. It's the scum bag agents who just want their percentage of the haul that ruin the game.

MDSteel15
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
BINGO!!!