PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ed Reed “Not 100% Committed To Playing This Year

Hawaii 5-0
05-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Report: Ed Reed “Not 100% Committed To Playing This Year

Written By: Nate Bouda
May 17, 2012

Adam Schein reports that Baltimore Ravens S Ed Reed is not “100% committed to playing this year.”

Schein asked him if the Ravens were aware of this to which Reed responded, ”I’m sure they will after this interview.”

Reed has hinted at possibly calling it a career in the past, so it’s not surprising to see him on the fence about returning for another season. It’s still very early into offseason workouts, so things can change quickly, but this is at the very least a situation that the Ravens will have to monitor in the coming months.

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-ed-reed-not-100-committed-to-playing-this-year/

tony hipchest
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
he just wants more money. revis isnt too happy about playing for his piss poor contract either. :jerkit:

jjpro11
05-17-2012, 05:09 PM
he's done this for the past how many years now, whining about his contract? Favre got killed in the media, why does Reed get a free pass?

Vis
05-17-2012, 05:56 PM
he's done this for the past how many years now, whining about his contract? Favre got killed in the media, why does Reed get a free pass?

Send him to the Vikings

Atlanta Dan
05-17-2012, 08:17 PM

He doesn't, at least from Jamison Hensley on the ESPN.com AFC North blog:chuckle:

In late March, Reed said playing four to five more seasons was "a reality for me." In early April, Reed talked about how he has been trying to get a new contract from the Ravens. Now, he's not committed.

So what is it, Ed? Do you want the Ravens to give you a long-term deal or are you going to retire?...

As I've said before, trying to get in the head of Reed is laborious, frustrating and often pointless. I won't believe he is going to retire until he actually walks away from the game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/48385/report-reed-not-fully-committed-to-playing

TRH
05-18-2012, 09:13 AM
seems to me to be a weak ploy for a new contract.
Just weeks earlier, he was complaining that the Ravens were "disrespecting" him (which is BS). Although a great player and gets paid well, the fact of the matter is that he'll be 34 when his contract expires next year (old for a DB) and he wants multi-gazillion dollars. The Ravens would be complete fools and idiots if they were to cave to any of his demands at that age, in fact it would be much smarter to not resign him at all.

GMU Steeler
05-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Obvious he wants to get paid which is understandable but at the same time, he's 34 and past his prime. The way he acts in situations like this is why I prefer Polamalu to him. They're that close in talent but Troy doesn't do this kind of crap which is why I prefer him over Ed all things considered. Doesn't hurt that Troy is an awesome guy on and off the field.

tony hipchest
05-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Obvious he wants to get paid which is understandable but at the same time, he's 34 and past his prime. The way he acts in situations like this is why I prefer Polamalu to him. They're that close in talent but Troy doesn't do this kind of crap which is why I prefer him over Ed all things considered. Doesn't hurt that Troy is an awesome guy on and off the field.no doubt.

to me, ed reed is more like deion sanders where troy is more like ronnie lott. plus troy plays in and wins championships. like ben is on offense, i believe troy on defense has been the secret to the steelers superbowl success.

Buddha Bus
05-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Reed's schtick is getting old and tired. How many times is this clown going to threaten to retire and claim to be disrespected to get more money? Yes, Ed... the Ravens are going to dump truckloads of money at your feet for your 3 interceptions last year, the near inability to get up off the turf every time you hit it because your old and hurt, and your constant bitching about your contract. Good luck with that.

TRH
05-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Reed's schtick is getting old and tired. How many times is this clown going to threaten to retire and claim to be disrespected to get more money? Yes, Ed... the Ravens are going to dump truckloads of money at your feet for your 3 interceptions last year, the near inability to get up off the turf every time you hit it because your old and hurt, and your constant bitching about your contract. Good luck with that.

if he thinks....at what will be 34....that he's going to get like a $70 million dollar contract or something, he's CRAZY. Looney-bin crazy. At that age for a DB, he should be lucky to get any contract offered.
And by the way, what's this new thing "i've outplayed my contract..". ???? I've heard that a number of times this year. How do you "outplay" your contract? Unbelievable, although i attribute most of that to "agent tactics"

Atlanta Dan
05-21-2012, 08:34 AM
why does Reed get a free pass?

Peter King also does not give Reed a pass

I think the Baltimore Ravens must get driven absolutely nuts by Ed Reed between February and July.:chuckle:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/05/21/mmqb/4.html

Hawaii 5-0
06-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Ravens tiptoe around Ed Reed

Posted by Mike Florio on June 14, 2012

An awkward dance continues between the Ravens and safety Ed Reed.

Reed didn’t show up for a mandatory minicamp, skipping all three days. The team doesn’t know why he wasn’t there.

As of Wednesday night, coach John Harbaugh hadn’t even spoken to the perennial Pro Bowler.

“No, I haven’t,” Harbaugh said, via the Carroll County Times. ”Not to make too much out of it, I have tremendous respect for Ed. I’ve used the word admiration. I’m not worried about Ed being ready. I said a couple of weeks ago that I know is going to be working hard and getting himself ready for the season.”

It’s almost as if the Ravens believe that, when it’s time to play, Reed will show up and play — but that if they say or do something to upset him, maybe he won’t.

Reed, who briefly mused about retirement several weeks ago, likely realizes that his value to the team has increased given the injury to linebacker Terrell Suggs, putting Reed in line for a new deal that provides more security beyond his current contract, which pays out $7.2 million in 2012. And he also likely wanted the Ravens to figure that out on their own, without him having to take a stand.

Now that he has, the question is whether the Ravens will conclude that they need to find a way to give Reed, a 10-year veteran, a new deal that reflects his enhanced value to the franchise, especially with Suggs’ suddenly sounding less optimistic about his timetable for a return.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/14/ravens-tiptoe-around-ed-reed/