PDA

View Full Version : any chance we sign chris raineys brother?

ebsteelers
05-18-2012, 12:24 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/08/florida-running-back-chris-rainey-is-younger-brother-of-he-hate-me/1#.T6ywfVIsJ1E

i mean who doesnt want he hate me on there team?

nothing likely brotherly love in the backfield

this is something i did not know

As the University of Florida's football team readies to kick off their season, the school's media relations department put out a list of interesting tidbits about this year's Gators.

Thanks to Jason Lieser of the Palm Beach Post, we get a good look at the list -- and one thing immediately jumped out at us.

Junior running back Chris Rainey has football roots in his family. His older brother is Rod Smart, a running back you might remember as "He Hate Me."

Florida running back Chris Rainey is the younger brother of Rod Smart, better known as 'He Hate Me' from his days with the Las Vegas Outlaws in the XFL.CAPTIONBy Kim Klement, US Presswire
Smart played the one season in the XFL for the Las Vegas Outlaws, then had several smaller stints with several NFL teams, including the Phildelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers. While in the NFL, he was mainly a special teams player.

Hawaii 5-0
05-18-2012, 12:29 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2010/09/ipt/1284578079.jpg

ebsteelers
05-18-2012, 12:32 PM
on rod smarts wiki page

His nickname growing up and in high school was "The Rocket" after Raghib "Rocket" Ismail of Notre Dame, because of his speed, running a 4.25 40 yard dash.

no friggin way
then again it make sense rainey has got some serious wheels

wonder who is faster rainey or wallace?

Fire Arians
05-18-2012, 12:38 PM
if chris has success in the nfl, his brother will go high. it's the mike pouncey effect

ebsteelers
05-18-2012, 12:48 PM
if chris has success in the nfl, his brother will go high. it's the mike pouncey effect

guess you dont know who rod smart is?

or does chris have another brother at florida?

Fire Arians
05-18-2012, 12:53 PM
guess you dont know who rod smart is?

or does chris have another brother at florida?

oh my bad i thought you guys were talking about a younger brother, i didn't read the article first :chuckle:

ebsteelers
05-18-2012, 12:57 PM
lol

i didnt know rainey was 24 ...
im 23 and graduated college in 2010.. he is older than both pouncey brothers

im guessing he started school late since he had family problems.. found it interesting that pouncey will bein the league 3 years and rainey will be a rookie (unless wiki is wrong, which wouldnt surprise me)

and didnt realize how old, or supposely how fast rod smart was

Kingmagyar
05-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Rod Smart is 35 years old now.