PDA

View Full Version : For Out of Town Fans Visiting our City........

83-Steelers-43
07-24-2006, 09:30 AM
This may help. It's a Pittsburgh interactive map which lists places to park, restaurants, bars/clubs, buildings, attractions and roads. It's a cool map and gives you a good idea of where you are going when visiting. Enjoy and I hope it helps you out.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pghmap/

MyCuz64Furness
08-01-2006, 12:14 PM
just saw this today.......great info.....:bouncy: thanks

SteelerFanInCA
08-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info 83.

floodcitygirl
08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Very helpful....thank you!

SteelersMongol
08-02-2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks man. More points to you!

steelerbackr4life
08-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Wow thanks I could have used that 2 weeks ago at the celebration concert ! I did allright though we managed to find some good sites. Here are a few pics of our weekend. Of course there is one from the first place I go to after I check in to get a bite to eat. I cant wait to go back .

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Nice pictures and thanks for sharing. I normally get the cappicola with cheese (lot's of hot sauce) and a cup of chilli. If you have never tired the chilli, try it next time your in town. Good stuff and it helps keep you warm during those December games.

steelerbackr4life
08-02-2006, 08:41 AM
That is what I usualy get also it was too hot for the chili. But I did try it for the parade. I am looking at making it to atleast 2 games this year. So I will have other oppertunities.
We also visited Rolands on the strip which had an excelent raw bar!

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 08:42 AM
That is what I usualy get also it was too hot for the chili. But I did try it for the parade. I am looking at making it to atleast 2 games this year. So I will have other oppertunities.

Good point..lol. It's pretty hot here right now. My sister moved to Jersey a couple of years ago and she said it's even worse up there as of right now. Hope you make it back here for the two games.

BlackNGold203
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I love freaking out of town clients out by taking them to Primantis....LMAO

"OMG!!...all that??...on a sandwich!!"

LMAO

steelerbackr4life
08-02-2006, 09:19 AM
yeah it is brutal here right now ! I dont even feel like going in the pool ! I definitely am going to make it to some reg season games this year. I actually am contemplating buying 2 tickets for the season off of stubhub. That is alot of traveling though and Mondays would be bad lol. Here are a few more pics from our weekend it was a great time yinz guys know how to party!

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Do you have any idea on which games you plan on attending?

steelerbackr4life
08-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Im looking at the Thursday night game Dec 7th against the Browns so I can make it a long weekend. Also nov 12th against the Saints.

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Im looking at the Thursday night game Dec 7th against the Browns so I can make it a long weekend. Also nov 12th against the Saints.

Good choices. Getting to watch us whoop up on the Browns is always a fun event...lol. With the Saints you will be able to see Reggie Bush in action. Very cool. I wish you all the luck brother.

SteelerFanInCA
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
I love freaking out of town clients out by taking them to Primantis....LMAO

"OMG!!...all that??...on a sandwich!!"

LMAO
You got that right BlackNGold203!!! My wife and I went there last season prior to one of the games. We couldn't believe our fricking eyes as to how much food that was. It was a quite the experience.

ARKIESTEEL
08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Can anyone tell me much about palaminos restaurant that is downtown?

83-Steelers-43
08-07-2006, 07:39 AM
A mixture of European cuisine type joint with a bar. Located in Gateway Plaza. Price range up to $30.00. It's not bad (ate there once) but it wouldn't be my first choice in downtown Pittsburgh. If I'm going to pay $30.00 for a meal, I might as well pay the extra for a great steak from Ruth Chris in the PPG Plaza or even Morton's. Just my opinion.

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2006, 12:00 PM
A mixture of European cuisine type joint with a bar. Located in Gateway Plaza. Price range up to $30.00. It's not bad (ate there once) but it wouldn't be my first choice in downtown Pittsburgh. If I'm going to pay $30.00 for a meal, I might as well pay the extra for a great steak from Ruth Chris in the PPG Plaza or even Morton's. Just my opinion.

Was looking at a nice place that the wife would likeas well. Kind of a thanks honey for us coming to Pittsburgh thing would these others be better?

83-Steelers-43
08-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Was looking at a nice place that the wife would likeas well. Kind of a thanks honey for us coming to Pittsburgh thing would these others be better?

Both Morton's and Ruth Chris are very nice joints. Both have great steaks but I personally prefer Ruth Chris.

Another place I suggest which is very, very nice is the LeMont. The LeMont sits directly on top of Mount Washington. The back of the joint faces the whole city of Pittsburgh. Great steak and seafood. Known as an American and French cuisine joint.

If your planning on going all out for the wife, these are the three places I suggest....

Here's info for the LeMont :http://www.lemontpittsburgh.com/

Here's info for Ruth Chris: http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/pittsburghsteakhouse.html

Here's info for Morton's: http://www.mortons.com/website/htmldocs/locations/pittsburgh.html

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2006, 01:21 PM
One thing I was looking at was that we are staying at the hilton which looks real close to the palamino and I think the Ruth Chris(walking distance) place didnt want to go to far the whole country boy in the big city thing takes into effect pretty quick with me.

83-Steelers-43
08-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Also ARKIE, there are other great joints to eat at around the city of Pittsburgh, but I don't want to take you outside city limits and end up getting you lost. But the top three mentioned above are the ones that I suggest that are actually located inside the city and should make your wife a very, very happy woman.

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Also ARKIE, there are other great joints to eat at around the city of Pittsburgh, but I don't want to take you outside city limits and end up getting you lost. But the top three mentioned above are the ones that I suggest that are actually located inside the city and should make your wife a very, very happy woman.

After being married to me it would take a whole lot more than a nice steak to make her happy

But I thank you for your help if you ever come down here to the woods I could show you around

83-Steelers-43
08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
After being married to me it would take a whole lot more than a nice steak to make her happy

But I thank you for your help if you ever come down here to the woods I could show you around

No problem at all. Glad I could help.

I'm planning a trip in the future to Pea Ridge (Civil War buff) so I might need some tips in the future. Would be much appreciated. :smile:

Have fun ARKIE, travel safe and maybe run into you at the opener. :smile:

Lyn
08-07-2006, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=ARKIESTEEL]After being married to me it would take a whole lot more than a nice steak to make her happy

In your wife's defense, I was going to mention that very thing but I see she has you trained very well:) LOL

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2006, 01:34 PM
No problem at all. Glad I could help.

I'm planning a trip in the future to Pea Ridge (Civil War buff) so I might need some tips in the future. Would be much appreciated. :smile:

Have fun ARKIE, travel safe and maybe run into you at the opener. :smile:

We have two battle fields here real close pea ridge and praire grove I like the civil war stuff myself. both less than an hour from the house

83-Steelers-43
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
We have two battle fields here real close pea ridge and praire grove I like the civil war stuff myself. both less than an hour from the house

Very cool. You will be the first person I will ask for info on my trip planning. I've heard Pea Ridge is a great battlefield to tour. Looking forward to it in the future.

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Very cool. You will be the first person I will ask for info on my trip planning. I've heard Pea Ridge is a great battlefield to tour. Looking forward to it in the future.

You got a place to stay and a big farm raised steak and cold beer whenever you need it

83-Steelers-43
08-07-2006, 05:22 PM
You got a place to stay and a big farm raised steak and cold beer whenever you need it

Thanks brother, much appreciated. :smile:

ARKIESTEEL
08-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Also we got Fort Smith which is south of us about an hour where Judge Parker held court I guess he hung around 80 men in 2 or 3 years. If you ever see True Grit (John Wayne) That was about Parkers court

83-Steelers-43
08-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Also we got Fort Smith which is south of us about an hour where Judge Parker held court I guess he hung around 80 men in 2 or 3 years. If you ever see True Grit (John Wayne) That was about Parkers court

Never saw the movie but I might end up taking a trip on over. Thanks for the info. I might just end up hitting Pea Ridge and then driving across state to Vicksburg, Mississippi.

ARKIESTEEL
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Never saw the movie but I might end up taking a trip on over. Thanks for the info. I might just end up hitting Pea Ridge and then driving across state to Vicksburg, Mississippi.

You go all the way over there you might as well go on in to Tenn and hit Shiloh and a few others

83-Steelers-43
08-08-2006, 09:37 AM
You go all the way over there you might as well go on in to Tenn and hit Shiloh and a few others

I've been to those battlefields. Vicksburg, Shiloh, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Corinth, Chattanooga, Chicamauga, Tupelo and Brices Crossroads). Did all of those a few years back. I figure Vicksburg is located directly on the Mississippi River and I'll be right in Arkansas, might as well hit up Vicksburg while I'm at it.