PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp shooting his mouth off again

Wallabeast17
05-31-2012, 10:53 AM
I made the mistake of watching NFL Network last night. The were talking about who was the best team in the AFC. Jamie Dukes had a lot of good things to say about the team and in answering the question, said the Steelers were the best in the AFC.
Sapp took the Texans, again the defense is "kinda slow, kinda old" he goes on to say "the steelers wont make the playoffs"

BIGNASTY91
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
This guy is a complete waste of skin. He must love the taste of his foot, because he continues to put it in his mouth. You would think after his remarks last year he would have learned???:tt03::tt03:::tt03:

LVSteelersfan
05-31-2012, 11:24 AM
What a douche. How he can still reiterate that they are old and slow baffles me with all the upgrades of younger players coming in. The Steelers must have peed in his Wheaties somewhere along the line and he won't let go. Must be that Raider thing since Madden won't let it go either. Where is the Ravens are old and slow talk? That is the real truth.

Sharkissle29
05-31-2012, 11:44 AM
He lost ALL credibility last year to me as an analyst

Kingmagyar
05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
First and foremost I am a die hard Steeler fan, but I can look at Sapp's comments with some credibility. He mentioned Hines Ward looking old and slow and done and that was after the first game and he was right on.

If I was looking at the Steelers from the outside I might come to the same conclusion that we won't make the playoffs based on several things.

We had by far one of the easiest schedules in NFL history last year with several QBs that have no business being called NFL starters. This year's schedule against the AFC West and NFC East is no easy task.

We were swept by Baltimore last year.

A entire new offensive system, with a new rookie Left Tackle or Trai Essex or Jonathan Scott as backup plans and a new starting Running Back due to Mendenhall's injury. A possible holdout in Mike Wallace or at the very least a guy who is going to be behind in learning the offense when he does get here.

A defense that had 14 total takeaways last year and two safeties approaching their mid 30's, and an inside linebacker who wasn't even starting last year over Farrior. No Casey Hampton early on and no proven Left Cornerback either.

Considering we are one Troy Polamalu injury away from the defense collapsing. It is not blasphemy for Sapp to say we won't make the playoffs. It's actually the safe call for an outsider.

Now we can say Redman is better and will be fine, Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis will be better then Gay, the new offense will be better, Mike Adams will be dominate, etc, etc, etc, but it is not proven until it is done on the field.

Do I think we are better? Yes. But a guy like Sapp who does his research probably that day a couple hours before the show does not. What I dislike about Sapp is he will keep saying it until it is true then say "I told you so"

I am leery of this upcoming season but if everyone does what they can and are suppose to do they should be very competitive. There is just far too much talent on this team.

I don't like Sapp very much at all but can understand where he and others are coming from. The Steelers seem to play better when counted out and disrespected.

Millers the sh!t
05-31-2012, 12:06 PM
First and foremost I am a die hard Steeler fan, but I can look at Sapp's comments with some credibility. He mentioned Hines Ward looking old and slow and done and that was after the first game and he was right on.

If I was looking at the Steelers from the outside I might come to the same conclusion that we won't make the playoffs based on several things.

We had by far one of the easiest schedules in NFL history last year with several QBs that have no business being called NFL starters. This year's schedule against the AFC West and NFC East is no easy task.

A entire new offensive system, with a new rookie Left Tackle or Trai Essex or Jonathan Scott as backup plans and a new starting Running Back due to Mendenhall's injury. A possible holdout in Mike Wallace or at the very least a guy who is going to be behind in learning the offense when he does get here.

A defense that had 14 total takeaways last year and two safeties approaching their mid 30's, and an inside linebacker who wasn't even starting last year over Farrior. No Casey Hampton early on and no proven Left Cornerback either.

Considering we are one Troy Polamalu injury away from the defense collapsing. It is not blasphemy for Sapp to say we won't make the playoffs. It's actually the safe call for an outsider.

Now we can say Redman is better and will be fine, Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis will be better then Gay, the new offense will be better, Mike Adams will be dominate, etc, etc, etc, but it is not proven until it is done on the field.

Do I think we are better? Yes. But a guy like Sapp who does his research probably that day a couple hours before the show does not. What I dislike about Sapp is he will keep saying it until it is true then say "I told you so"

I am leery of this upcoming season but if everyone does what they can and are suppose to do they should be very competitive. There is just far too much talent on this team.

I don't like Sapp very much at all but can understand where he and others are coming from. The Steelers seem to play better when counted out and disrespected.

I think the patriots had the worlds easiest schedule last year. They only played 2 teams with winning records and lost them both.

And if u look this year, I think they have the second most easiest schedule. It always works out for them that way.

LVSteelersfan
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Glad to hear Jamie Dukes defending the Steelers. He is one of the few out there that does. Schedules mean nothing. Teams that were good last year will suck this year and vice versa. The Steelers are always competetive. Even after getting thoroughly humiliated in the opener last year they still finished 12-4. Whether the schedule was easy or not, good teams win despite the schedule.

wera176
05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
This guy is a complete waste of skin. He must love the taste of his foot, because he continues to put it in his mouth. You would think after his remarks last year he would have learned???:tt03::tt03:::tt03:

And THAT is a lot of skin! :rofl:

Like I've said before, if last year's D was "old and slow" I'll take it every year. Someone should ask him about that comment the next time he says that...

tony hipchest
05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
What a douche. How he can still reiterate that they are old and slow baffles me with all the upgrades of younger players coming in. The Steelers must have peed in his Wheaties somewhere along the line and he won't let go. Must be that Raider thing since Madden won't let it go either. Where is the Ravens are old and slow talk? That is the real truth.in 2002 i believe it was lee flowers who called sapp and the bucs "paper champions" before their reg season game. this was cause they always made the playoffs only to fizzle and immediately get knocked out, had the best defense, were all bark and no bite, and always preseason favorites to win it all.

steelers went out and punched them in the mouth and handed them their ass. ironically the bucs finally won it all that year.

sapp skipped like a little girl through the steelers warm ups before that game and almost got his ass kicked. he admittedly has hated them ever since.

GMU Steeler
05-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Texans are a fair pick by Sapp but they have their own holes too. Losing Mario Williams is a big loss. And if I recall outside of Johnson at receiver there are questions too. Plus they have to repeat as division champs with a division champ's schedule. Sapp said last year old, slow, and it's over for the Steelers. Not so fast, Warren, not so fast. I think there's a great possibility that this year's team will be better than last years.

Fire Arians
05-31-2012, 01:11 PM
sapp doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he proved that last year. if it weren't for ben's injured ankle we would have had a shot to win it all.

OX1947
05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
in 2002 i believe it was lee flowers who called sapp and the bucs "paper champions" before their reg season game. this was cause they always made the playoffs only to fizzle and immediately get knocked out, had the best defense, were all bark and no bite, and always preseason favorites to win it all.

steelers went out and punched them in the mouth and handed them their ass. ironically the bucs finally won it all that year.

sapp skipped like a little girl through the steelers warm ups before that game and almost got his ass kicked. he admittedly has hated them ever since.

That and Faneca used to practically own him like a Armani suit. Faneca ruined Sapp everytime they played, Sapp couldnt do shit against him.

tony hipchest
05-31-2012, 02:09 PM
That and Faneca used to practically own him like a Armani suit. Faneca ruined Sapp everytime they played, Sapp couldnt do shit against him.

excellent point. faneca owned just about everybody. its just sapp thought he owned everybody and couldnt handle getting shut down.

Hawaii 5-0
05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Warren Sapp is a fat, loud-mouthed idiot who doesn't even know how to run his own life (filing personal bankruptcy due to unpaid income taxes and child support, getting arrested for domestic battery). I'm not interested in anything he has to say, especially when it comes to criticising others...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/octopus_theater/ONTD/0206_warren_sapp_mug.jpghttp://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0667/9387/sappbigmoff_crop_340x234.gif

4xSBChamps
05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/octopus_theater/ONTD/0206_warren_sapp_mug.jpghttp://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0667/9387/sappbigmoff_crop_340x234.gif

has there EVER been a more aptly-named person or player than this doosh-nozzle?

Steeldude
05-31-2012, 03:34 PM
I like how if someone compliments the Steelers they are great or know what they are talking about, but if they something negative they are losers who know nothing...lol. Who cares what Sapps says? Dukes and Sapp are both morons on their best day. If I had to choose between who I would rather listen to on TV it would be Sapp over Dukes by a mile

stb_steeler
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I like how if someone compliments the Steelers they are great or know what they are talking about, but if they something negative they are losers who know nothing...lol. Who cares what Sapps says? Dukes and Sapp are both morons on their best day. If I had to choose between who I would rather listen to on TV it would be Sapp over Dukes by a mile

Your kidding?......Sapp over Dukes?.... Jamie Dukes is way more football savy than Sapp any day.... Freaking Sapp with his lips fumbling and stuttering, not to mention he never brings much knowledge to the discussion.

TRH
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM

While i think thats true for the most part, i think the reason most people are fired up from Sapp's comments is that if you make those comments about Pittsburgh...you have to make them about Baltimore too...c'mon....he's not being a fair analyst.
He's always had it out for Pittsburgh. Ever since he became a commentator, he's shot them down every chance he can get, almost to a comical point.
With Baltimore, you have Suggs out for who knows how long....Reed and Lewis are both getting way up there in age, and they have a few other holes on D. But yet its funny, no one's stepping up like they should can calling THEM "old" or "slower".. These guys will call Troy out for getting "older"...but they can't say the same about Reed? Or Lewis? Give me a break.....

I have NO idea, zero clue, how Sapp still has a job.

Buddha Bus
05-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Sapp is calling the Steelers "old and slow" again? Cool! Looks like we're going at least 12-4 and getting in the playoffs again! :tt04: :applaudit:

My prediction for Warren Sapp's season this year:

1) Still retired.
2) Still fat.
3) Still stupid.
4) :footinmou

stb_steeler
05-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Sapp is calling the Steelers "old and slow" again? Cool! Looks like we're going at least 12-4 and getting in the playoffs again! :tt04: :applaudit:

My prediction for Warren Sapp's season this year:

1) Still retired.
2) Still fat.
3) Still stupid.
4) :footinmou

Vegas has us @ 14-2....but what do they know....:rofl:

zcoop
05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Opinions are like azz holes and Sapp's got a pretty big one. I don't have a problem with what he says, that's just his view. I'm ok with him as an analyst, he like Charles Barkley are 'straight no chaser' kinda guys.

PhantomJB93
05-31-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't get where the "he should have learned his lesson last year and he's lost all credibility" thing is coming from. We didn't exactly come out and set the world afire, every player he said was old and slow ended up being exactly that (although it wasn't exactly as detrimental to the team as he thought it would be, we regressed for different reasons), we got booted in the first round by Tebow, swept by the Ravens...we weren't as bad as he said we would be but at the same time we didn't really prove him wrong or anything either.

This year though, I take more offense to his comments because we're not relying on any players TRULY past their prime yet and have done nothing but improve our weaknesses (OLine and playcalling) and add depth.

Steelersfan87
05-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Actually he was completely wrong. He said the defense was old, slow, and done, but the Steelers ended up having the best defense in the league. He actually could hardly have been more wrong.

QCbeauBlak
05-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Sapp is nothing like Charles Barkley. Barkley shoots straight, but he knows his basketball and can analyze with the best of them. Barkley's won an Emmy. Sapp is ONLY still on T.V. because the Network is trying to help him with all his "issue's." He just came back from being suspended over those Shocky snitch comments. Might I add, Shocky had a great year last year with the panthers yet no one has picked him up? Sapp constantly yells over everyone, especially Mooch and Faulk who usually have great points. I swear I wish NFL fans could start a petition to get Sapp off the air for good... Jamie Dukes is usually critical of the Steelers. But he is usually just being objective. Sapp is an embarrassment to his family.

SteelerJay
05-31-2012, 10:47 PM
are you guys sissies? you shut up the criticism by winning not shooting the messenger.

last year, Denver, the friggin Tebow-led broncos, eliminated the Steelers...

until the Steelers can get past all that and play dominating ball, the Sapps of the world are dead on

Hawaii 5-0
05-31-2012, 11:13 PM
are you guys sissies?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DHqGp13VpV0/SzacwXB44WI/AAAAAAAABlA/4hGpKGQ440A/s1600/sissies24aj.jpg

Steeldude
06-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Your kidding?......Sapp over Dukes?.... Jamie Dukes is way more football savy than Sapp any day.... Freaking Sapp with his lips fumbling and stuttering, not to mention he never brings much knowledge to the discussion.

Dukes is like Deion Sanders. He tries to sound smart, but he falls way short. I cringe when I see Dukes start yapping. Sapp is a moron also.

They should hire Merril Hoge and Mark Malone

Buddha Bus
06-01-2012, 07:41 AM
are you guys sissies? you shut up the criticism by winning not shooting the messenger.

until the Steelers can get past all that and play dominating ball, the Sapps of the world are dead on

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Sapp criticized the defense last season and they went out and won and were a top ranked defense. Did that shut him up this pre-season?

Sapp is not "dead on". He couldn't be much more wrong.

Seems to me the real sissy here is the guy who can't man up and admit he was wrong. I guess he'll just keep predicting the same bullshit until he's finally right one day so he can then go, "See, I told you so!".

4xSBChamps
06-01-2012, 08:05 AM
... he'll just keep predicting the same bullshit until he's finally right one day so he can then go, "See, I told you so!".

"... even a broken-clock tells the correct time...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/WarrenSapp-lard-ass.jpg

... twice-a-day..."

VaDave
06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Sapp is another in a long line of media hacks. His personality is what keeps him on the air, not the value of his stated opinions. Pretty much he knows he's going to wrankle the the Steeler Nation, and at the same time, make all of the Cowboy, Browns, & Patriot, Fans dang happy. This $ team group probably makes up about 85% of all NFL fans. Sounds like smart PR if you ask me.

You know, you have to wonder what these guys REALLY think? On second thought, maybe not.

Buddha Bus
06-01-2012, 09:38 AM
"... even a broken-clock tells the correct time...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/WarrenSapp-lard-ass.jpg

... twice-a-day..."

:toofunny:

mikeyg
06-01-2012, 10:04 AM

you are correct - we are ONE TROY season ending injury away from missing the playoffs. Tricky Dick has too many of his eggs in the Troy basket and both he and Tomlin (and I'll add colbert) have no PLAN B at Safety - we are playing with fire. Now - the Rats saw the same thing - they'll have their hands full w/o Suggs, but at least they know it now entering the season and can strategize for it.

that said - there are lots of Questions, but HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL baby! I expect Harrison and WHere's Waldo Woodley to bounce back, for Ziggy and Heyward to be solid, and our young corners to be a bright spot this year.

VaDave
06-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't wrry too much about the Ravens. They've got enough issues of there own. We will still field a solid D, although we will play a lot better QBs this year as opposed to last.

StainlessStill
06-01-2012, 12:46 PM
What a big mouth. Literally and figuratively. I hope he's as right as he was last season, lmao. And to think he gets PAID at what he does. Making such a prediction would of had me FIRED at any other job. What a waste.

wera176
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM

That had NOTHING to do with being old and slow. The Steelers got out coached. I hate to say that about Dick, but he was out coached in that game.

He was wrong, old and slow doesn't finish with the #1 overall defense for the season...

StainlessStill
06-01-2012, 01:18 PM
That had NOTHING to do with being old and slow. The Steelers got out coached. I hate to say that about Dick, but he was out coached in that game.

He was wrong, old and slow doesn't finish with the #1 overall defense for the season...

Exactly. We thought so low of Denver, and especially Tebow, that we put together a game plan that allowed us to play out of the confines of our own defense. Clark was also out of the lineup, so this led us to believe that we could glide in a very vanilla defense as long as we kept Tebow at check at the line of scrimmage.

Earlier in the season, we stifled and maimed one of the best offensive attacks in football, the eventual AFC Champion New England Patriots. If you can honestly sit there and say we played the same defense against Denver than we did New England, then you better check yourself into your nearest rehab because you're simply high on cocaine.

That Denver loss is such a mirage of who we really were. That's why I feel we'll come back men possessed.

austinfrench76
06-01-2012, 04:19 PM
blah blah blah, beat my wife/girlfriend/baby mama, blah blah blah...

TRH
06-02-2012, 08:54 AM
How many times am i going to hear someone (whether its an analyst or someone trolling on this board), going to say our defense is "old and slow"?
What ended up being the # 1 rated defense in the league. And really, we were just played out of position in the Denver game..

There's zero credibility to that. So, who was the #1 passer in yards last year. It was Drew Brees, right? That would be the same thing as me saying "well, ya know, Drew Brees is over 30 now, he's old....and also, he's small for a QB. His time is over...".
Same thing right?

silver & black
06-02-2012, 09:06 AM

I'm sure I dislike Sapp more than most of you :chuckle:.

This was a good post. Most fans don't look at their own team with as discerning an eye as oustiders do. Having said that, I'm sure the Steelers will be right there at the end of the season.

Bayz101
06-02-2012, 09:28 AM

We we're awarded the #1. NUMBER ONE defense last year.

Your post is being awarded the #1 dimwitted post of the year. We'll see you in the hall of thumper one day.

Bayz101
06-02-2012, 09:32 AM
As far as i'm concerned, Sapp is DEAD wrong with just about every opinion that comes out of that fat mouth of his. He said the defense was old and slow. Turned out it was the #1 defense in the NFL, and if you STILL think it's old and slow, then well, there's apparently 31 other teams who aren't as good as an old and slow steeler defense.

4xSBChamps
06-02-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/the-play-by-play-of-warren-sapps-59-page-bankruptcy-filing/1225135

no-matter what his former coaches, his lawyers, the head-shrinkers, network executives or gub'ment-officials say, 'ya cain't polish a turd

lloydwoodson
06-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Sapp is a joke. In picking the Texans to emerge as the dominant team in the AFC he forgets they lost two leaders on defense in Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans, that they have changes coming on their offensive line, and that they went 10-6 last year in a joke division. The Texans lost to the Colts last year for **** sake!

The 6 teams that will have a shot at the Superbowl are GB, NYG, SF, PIT, BAL and NE. Everyone else is a longshot. That is just how it is. Houston hasn't proven a thing... except that they can beat the Bengals.

Steelersfan87
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Williams and Ryans had a marginal impact on their season last year. The Texans are an elite team without them but WITH a healthy Matt Schaub. Their offensive line success also has much to do with their blocking schemes, not just the talented bodies of meat up front. If Schaub stays healthy, they should easily win their division again.

tanda10506
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Sapp is a joke. In picking the Texans to emerge as the dominant team in the AFC he forgets they lost two leaders on defense in Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans, that they have changes coming on their offensive line, and that they went 10-6 last year in a joke division.

He was just on last night talking about "their's a ticking time bomb" with Ben and Hailey and then he turns and says the Texans won't be that great out of their division, yet he just picked them to be the dominant AFC team a few weeks ago.:chuckle:

lloydwoodson
06-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Williams and Ryans had a marginal impact on their season last year. The Texans are an elite team without them but WITH a healthy Matt Schaub. Their offensive line success also has much to do with their blocking schemes, not just the talented bodies of meat up front. If Schaub stays healthy, they should easily win their division again.

Ryans didn't play that many snaps but he was a leader on the team and will be missed. Williams was injured last year but has had 14 and 12 sack seasons. He is a quality player. Winning their division means they are better than the Jags, Colts and Titans- not world beaters.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I still cant get over all you haters that somehow expect Sapp to be Bob Costas. He's a dope smoking NFL vet that got the best education you can get from "The U", which probably aint much.

I like Sapp. I think he is funny and has some solid insight as a former player, as well as being a winner at what he did. I just dont expect everything out of his mouth to be something from Steven Hawking.

Kingmagyar
06-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Still can't stand Sapp, but having said that the Texans would have beaten Baltimore in the playoffs last year with Schaub at QB. Yates gave that game away. And more then likely with their defense would have beaten the Pats and ended up in the Super Bowl last year. The Texans are a valid candidate to win the AFC. 2nd ranked defense and top ten offense. And they did beat the Steelers.

Steelers have their work cut out for them this year. if they survive that schedule, they could be playoff ready and battle tested. It starts with Ben though. Ben is the key to this year.

TRH
06-03-2012, 10:21 AM
After reading through all this, even though Sapp is wrong more than right, obviously most feel he is entitled to his opinion.
But i think one thing is crystal clear....Sapp is HORRIBLE at being an analyst. I have no idea why he even has a job. If anyone else pulled half the BS he did already, they would have been let go a long time ago. One example is the statements and accusations he made at Shockey. Anyone else would have had to answer for those actions, but mysteriously, the network sweeped it all under the carpet and acted "as if it never happened". Unbelievable. I hope Shockey files a defamation suit, he would actually have a good case.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-03-2012, 01:12 PM
After reading through all this, even though Sapp is wrong more than right, obviously most feel he is entitled to his opinion.
But i think one thing is crystal clear....Sapp is HORRIBLE at being an analyst. I have no idea why he even has a job. If anyone else pulled half the BS he did already, they would have been let go a long time ago. One example is the statements and accusations he made at Shockey. Anyone else would have had to answer for those actions, but mysteriously, the network sweeped it all under the carpet and acted "as if it never happened". Unbelievable. I hope Shockey files a defamation suit, he would actually have a good case.

The Shockey stuff is probably because its true. Let's think about it for a second...both Sapp and former Giant Amani Toomer hacked on Shockey recently. Also, both Sapp and Shockey are former U of Miami alum. U on U hate....??? Whatever is said is likely true.

Sapp is colorful, loud and amusing to me. That is why he is on the NFL Network, otherwise its just guys like Siciiano, LaCanfora and Albert Breer.............makes PBS look like a wild network.:doh:

ANDYMISIU
06-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Well, we do have a lot of change this year.... new OC, new OL, New defensive leader.

We do have some yet to be knowns... who's the second CB, will Redman carry the load.

So... I'm not going to say Sapp is right, cause he's not. The defense is getting younger and faster IMO.

However, we do have some hurdles to overcome in an effort to make the playoffs.

I think we can do it, but I don't blame people for being a bit skeptical.

lloydwoodson
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I still cant get over all you haters that somehow expect Sapp to be Bob Costas. He's a dope smoking NFL vet that got the best education you can get from "The U", which probably aint much.

I like Sapp. I think he is funny and has some solid insight as a former player, as well as being a winner at what he did. I just dont expect everything out of his mouth to be something from Steven Hawking.

Sapp does not give analytical commentary or an insider's perspective; Sapp gives his emotional reaction to league events without any rational thought behind it. Sapp basically gives an Op. Ed. piece without using facts or common sense to make his point. Sure Sapp has better credentials than most, but the average fan can do the same kind of knee-jerk analysis.

Also, Jamie Dukes didn't have half the career that Sapp did but his commentary is much better, and the only thing in football that would have concerned Stephen Hawking is the Black Hole over in Oakland :applaudit:.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Sapp does not give analytical commentary or an insider's perspective; Sapp gives his emotional reaction to league events without any rational thought behind it. Sapp basically gives an Op. Ed. piece without using facts or common sense to make his point. Sure Sapp has better credentials than most, but the average fan can do the same kind of knee-jerk analysis.

Also, Jamie Dukes didn't have half the career that Sapp did but his commentary is much better, and the only thing in football that would have concerned Stephen Hawking is the Black Hole over in Oakland :applaudit:.

I agree that Dukes offers much more than Sapp......but that isnt suprising as O Linemen are always more intelligent than D linemen. :chuckle:

But just wait until Dukes doesnt rank the Steelers #1 in some list and the majority of posters here will be hating on him like they are Sapp right now.

Hawaii 5-0
06-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Ike Taylor Thinks Warren Sapp Needs To Worry About His Bankruptcy & Not The Steelers

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Current NFL Network analyst and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Warren Sapp recently proclaimed that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost too much veteran leadership this off-season and predicts that they would fall below .500 this upcoming season as a result. This is nothing new from Sapp, who last year before the start of the season declared on Inside the NFL, "The Pittsburgh Steelers. I have three things: old, slow and it's over. It's just that simple."

On Tuesday, Steelers veteran cornerback Ike Taylor was asked about the most recent prediction made by Sapp on The Ike Taylor Show, which airs weekly on Trib Live Radio. Taylor had some pretty strong words that included references to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy.

"I don't like giving nobody no props," said Taylor when host John Harris prodded him for his thoughts. When pushed further why by Harris, Taylor said, "Because he don't even deserve it." Later on in the interview Taylor added, "He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues," Taylor said as he obviously referring to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy. “Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door.”

Also joining Taylor on Tuesday was veteran linebacker Larry Foote, who shed a little more light on why Sapp always has such a distaste for the Steelers. Foote referenced the 2002 Monday night game against the Buccaneers when Steelers linebackers Joey Porter and Jason Gildon grabbed Sapp and teammate Nate Webster by the throats after the two tried to interrupt the Steelers stretching line prior to the game. Foote later added after referencing the incident, "He (Sapp) came out there hopping like a little girl, said Foote, who later added, "If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage."

Now surely the comments made by both Taylor and Foote are going to get back to Sapp and you can bet that there will be a response, likely by the end of the week. This is going to get very entertaining and you can't blame the Steelers veteran defensive players for saying what they did.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/06/ike-taylor-thinks-warren-sapp-needs-to-worry-about-his-bankruptcy-not-the-steelers/

teegre
06-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Ike Taylor Thinks Warren Sapp Needs To Worry About His Bankruptcy & Not The Steelers

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Current NFL Network analyst and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Warren Sapp recently proclaimed that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost too much veteran leadership this off-season and predicts that they would fall below .500 this upcoming season as a result. This is nothing new from Sapp, who last year before the start of the season declared on Inside the NFL, "The Pittsburgh Steelers. I have three things: old, slow and it's over. It's just that simple."

On Tuesday, Steelers veteran cornerback Ike Taylor was asked about the most recent prediction made by Sapp on The Ike Taylor Show, which airs weekly on Trib Live Radio. Taylor had some pretty strong words that included references to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy.

"I don't like giving nobody no props," said Taylor when host John Harris prodded him for his thoughts. When pushed further why by Harris, Taylor said, "Because he don't even deserve it." Later on in the interview Taylor added, "He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues," Taylor said as he obviously referring to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy. “Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door.”

Also joining Taylor on Tuesday was veteran linebacker Larry Foote, who shed a little more light on why Sapp always has such a distaste for the Steelers. Foote referenced the 2002 Monday night game against the Buccaneers when Steelers linebackers Joey Porter and Jason Gildon grabbed Sapp and teammate Nate Webster by the throats after the two tried to interrupt the Steelers stretching line prior to the game. Foote later added after referencing the incident, "He (Sapp) came out there hopping like a little girl, said Foote, who later added, "If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage."

Now surely the comments made by both Taylor and Foote are going to get back to Sapp and you can bet that there will be a response, likely by the end of the week. This is going to get very entertaining and you can't blame the Steelers veteran defensive players for saying what they did.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/06/ike-taylor-thinks-warren-sapp-needs-to-worry-about-his-bankruptcy-not-the-steelers/

I remember a game in Tampa, where Sapp knocked Tommy Maddox down...well after the whistle had blown...and then taunted Tommy.

Unlike Sapp, Tommy didn't whine to the refs; Tommy picked himself up and went back to the huddle.

On the very next play, Marvel Smith swooped his arm up under Sapp's right armpit and Alan Faneca swooped his arm up under Sapp's left armpit...and Rich Tylski came flying around the line on a "pull & run left" play...diving right at Sapp's lower body.

Sapp (smartly) fell to the ground (before Tylski destroyed Sapp's knees).

Sapp immediately got up, went over to Tommy, and extended his hand. Tommy turned around...and Sapp tapped him on the shoulder, and again extended his hand. Tommy shook it...and Sapp looked at the O-line, with a look that said, "Enough already...you win!!!"

Sapp can bully 200 lb QBs, but he can NOT hang with the big boys.

Hawaii 5-0
06-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Warren Sapp has a secret crush on the Steelers

by The Sports Jags:
June 6, 2012

http://img1.yardbarker.com/media/f/e/fef8bd17c82e0c6ae7980ae42385a549bd43f171/related/Warren_Sapp_celebrates_11a2.jpg?stamp=1339005848

First, it was the “old, slow and over” label Warren Sapp put on the Steelers at the beginning of last year. Yea, that prediction worked out well for the fat ass NFL Network analyst. The Steelers finished last season with the No. 1 defense in the league. Thanks, Warren.

Then, he decided to try to double-or-nothing his bet by saying that there’s no way the Steelers will make the playoffs this year and that they’ll be lucky just to finish over .500 because they lost Hines Ward, James Farrior and Aaron Smith. Sooo by losing their receiver that ended the year at No. 3, their inside backer who was splitting time at the beginning of the year and their defensive end that hasn’t been healthy in four years, the Steelers have somehow become a sub-.500 team because now they’re leaderless?

Apparently, the Steelers are getting pretty sick of Warren’s oversized comments. Ike Taylor and Larry Foote had no problem giving Warren their rebuttals on Ike’s radio show on TribLIVE Radio. The Trib’s Mark Kaboly packaged it all up real nice on his blog, The Steel Mill.

Ike on Sapp’s more important issues:

“He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues. Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door. I don’t like giving anybody any props. He doesn’t deserve it.”

Foote on Sapp almost getting choke slammed after he crossed the Steelers’ stretching line back in 2002:

“He came out there hopping like a little girl and they snatched them up. If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage.”

Hopefully someone finds footage of that because we can’t find it, but we remember it – Sapp and Nate Webster, who’s doing quite well now, trying to take on Joey Porter and Jason Gildon. We’d love to see how that one would have played out if Keyshawn Johnson wouldn’t have broken it up. A fatty and a sicko against two of the biggest psychos in the NFL at the time.

It’s probably why Warren loves to hate the Steelers. That or he’s just in love with them and talks rubbish just to encite even better play from the Steel Curtain. There’s really no other explanation. Guess we’ll just have to thank him again for the extra motivation at the end of this season.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/warren_sapp_has_a_secret_crush_on_the_steelers/10953599

LVSteelersfan
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
It's ok if some of the Steelers use it as a motivational tool that Sapp keeps bagging on them. I am sure most of the players don't even watch NFL Network. It is better to stay off the networks that talk football out of their butts and just concentrate on football. I think Ike opens up his mouth a bit too much for my liking but he has the right. Most of the time the analysts never talk about the Steelers any way. I never liked Sapp because of his arrogance. What he says on the network means nothing and he will never have to worry about repercussions later for things he says.

Sharkissle29
06-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I remember a game in Tampa, where Sapp knocked Tommy Maddox down...well after the whistle had blown...and then taunted Tommy.

Unlike Sapp, Tommy didn't whine to the refs; Tommy picked himself up and went back to the huddle.

On the very next play, Marvel Smith swooped his arm up under Sapp's right armpit and Alan Faneca swooped his arm up under Sapp's left armpit...and Rich Tylski came flying around the line on a "pull & run left" play...diving right at Sapp's lower body.

Sapp (smartly) fell to the ground (before Tylski destroyed Sapp's knees).

Sapp immediately got up, went over to Tommy, and extended his hand. Tommy turned around...and Sapp tapped him on the shoulder, and again extended his hand. Tommy shook it...and Sapp looked at the O-line, with a look that said, "Enough already...you win!!!"

Sapp can bully 200 lb QBs, but he can NOT hang with the big boys.

Video or it didn't happen. Would love to see that...

Fire Arians
06-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Shit just got real lol.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/06/sapp-says-taylor-played-worst-game-in-nfl-history-doesnt-know-who-foote-is/

On Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor and linebacker Larry Foote both responded to the recent claim by NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp that the 2012 Steelers will be lucky to finish over .500 after the loss of key veterans this off-season. Taylor was quoted on his weekly show on Trib Live Radio as saying in regard to Sapp, "He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues," referring to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy. "Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door."

Taylor wasn't the only one to go after Sapp, as Foote, who was a guest on the show Tuesday, shed some light on why Sapp has a long time beef with the Steelers organization as he recounted the Monday night game in 2002 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in which fellow linebackers at the time, Joey Porter and Jason Gildon, both snatched Sapp and his teammate Nate Webster by the throats after the two attempted to dance through and interrupt their stretching line. Foote said during the show, "He (Sapp) came out there hopping like a little girl." Later after telling the story, Foote added, "If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage."

I asked Sapp for a rebuttal today on Twitter and he gave me one. His tweet read, "Ike Taylor Played the worst# game in NFL History as a DB #BiggerIssues Who's The Other Guy!? #NeedPhoto&Bio." So Sapp clearly took a shot at Taylor and the poor game he had against the Denver Broncos in the AFC Wild Card game last season. Worst game in NFL history though? I doubt that seriously and Taylor has already admitted that he has put that game behind him now and that it was not his best. The "other guy comment" that Sapp made is clearly a shot by Sapp inferring that he doesn't even know who Foote is, which you know he clearly does.

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot 6 Jun 12
@WarrenSapp This of course from Ike Taylor & Larry Foote bit.ly/LliIfU

@WarrenSapp
@Steelersdepot Ike Taylor Played the worst# game in NFL History as a DB #BiggerIssues Who's The Other Guy!? #NeedPhoto&Bio

So now we shall see if Sapp is questioned about this tonight on NFL Total Access, as the story is surely one the show can't ignore. Should they ignore it, it will surely show their bias towards Sapp, as to not touch the whole bankruptcy issue. You can make sure that I will be watching close tonight and if Sapp is on, it better be brought up.

teegre
06-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Video or it didn't happen. Would love to see that...

Uh...I don't have video of it... so... I guess it didn't happen??? Just as there is no video of Joey the Mouth confronting Sapp... so... I guess... using the aforementioned logic... that never happened either???

Bayz101
06-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Uh...I don't have video of it... so... I guess it didn't happen??? Just as there is no video of Joey the Mouth confronting Sapp... so... I guess... using the aforementioned logic... that never happened either???

It happened.

I joined a forum a couple years back that had LOTS of Steelers games dating back to 1982 archived and free for download. I believe I've seen what you we're talking from out of Sapp once or twice.

mesaSteeler
06-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Ike Taylor, Larry Foote fire back at Warren Sapp
June 5th, 2012
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/06/05/ike-taylor-larry-foote-fires-back-at-warren-sapp/

Over the past year, former NFL player and current NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp hasn’t held back when it came to predicting the Steelers’ demise.

After last year’s 35-7 opening-game loss to the Ravens, Sapp said the Steelers’ defense was “old, slow and over.”

The Steelers finished 12-4 last year and were the top-ranked defense.

Sapp is back at it again.

Sapp recently said that the Steelers won’t make the playoffs this year and will be lucky to finish over .500 after the loss of key veterans like Hines Ward, James Farrior and Aaron Smith.

Well, the Steelers finally decided enough was enough and fired some shots back at Sapp.

Actually, Ike Taylor on his weekly show on TribLive Radio, accompanied by teammate Larry Foote, fired a couple darts of their own at Sapp Tuesday.

“He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues,” Taylor said referring to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy. “Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door.”

Taylor refused to identify Sapp by name only saying: “I don’t like giving anybody any props. He doesn’t deserve it.”

Foote didn’t hesitate to tell host John Harris it was Sapp they were talking about, then shed some light on why they believe Sapp has been so critical.

Foote cited a Monday night game near the end of the 2002 year when Sapp and Tampa Bay teammate Nate Webster tried to break through the Steelers’ stretching line before the game, but was met by former linebackers Jason Gildon and Joey Porter.
Foote said that Porter and Gildon grabbed the two by the throats before a scuffle ensued.

“He came out there hopping like a little girl,” Foote said, “and they snatched them up. If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage.

teegre
06-06-2012, 10:27 PM
It happened.

I joined a forum a couple years back that had LOTS of Steelers games dating back to 1982 archived and free for download. I believe I've seen what you we're talking from out of Sapp once or twice.

Much appreciated.

I have seen every Steelers game since 1992, except for two games: a CLEV game when I had the flu (I slept through the game) and the Packers game that got delayed in 2009.

Anyway, I remember the Tampa game vividly, because it was on a Monday night, and all of my friends were at my parents' house. At that point (when Sapp acted like a douche), I hated Tampa...and, alas, they were in the SuperBowl*.

*(I live in SD. Ergo, rooting for the Raiders was taboo...but, in that season, I hated Tampa more. Go OAK!!!...choke, gag...)

In short, it was good to see the O-line protect Tommy.

Sharkissle29
06-06-2012, 10:57 PM

it was a joke dude...:tt03:

Hawaii 5-0
06-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Sapp Says Taylor Played Worst Game In NFL History, Doesn’t Know Who Foote Is

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

On Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor and linebacker Larry Foote both responded to the recent claim by NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp that the 2012 Steelers will be lucky to finish over .500 after the loss of key veterans this off-season. Taylor was quoted on his weekly show on Trib Live Radio as saying in regard to Sapp, "He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues," referring to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy. "Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door."

Taylor wasn't the only one to go after Sapp, as Foote, who was a guest on the show Tuesday, shed some light on why Sapp has a long time beef with the Steelers organization as he recounted the Monday night game in 2002 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in which fellow linebackers at the time, Joey Porter and Jason Gildon, both snatched Sapp and his teammate Nate Webster by the throats after the two attempted to dance through and interrupt their stretching line. Foote said during the show, "He (Sapp) came out there hopping like a little girl." Later after telling the story, Foote added, "If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage."

I asked Sapp for a rebuttal today on Twitter and he gave me one. His tweet read, "Ike Taylor Played the worst# game in NFL History as a DB #BiggerIssues Who's The Other Guy!? #NeedPhoto&Bio."

So Sapp clearly took a shot at Taylor and the poor game he had against the Denver Broncos in the AFC Wild Card game last season. Worst game in NFL history though? I doubt that seriously and Taylor has already admitted that he has put that game behind him now and that it was not his best. The "other guy comment" that Sapp made is clearly a shot by Sapp implied that he doesn't even know who Foote is, which you know he clearly does.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/06/sapp-says-taylor-played-worst-game-in-nfl-history-doesnt-know-who-foote-is/

Fire Arians
06-07-2012, 12:38 AM
http://www.gatortailgating.com/files/imce/u1853/k229374_he_mad.jpghttp://sportsrantz.com/media/files/2012/04/SappBankrupt2.png

Hawaii 5-0
06-07-2012, 02:41 AM
Steelers D Up Against Warren Sapp

Jun 6th, 2012 by CraigSteelers

Update: Sapp tweeted a rebuttal when confronted by Steelers Depot Wednesday afternoon. Sapp said ‘@Steelersdepot Ike Taylor played the worst# game in NFL History as a DB #BiggerIssues Who’s The Other Guy!? #NeedPhoto&Bio’ The feud continues, but will it heat up on the Steelers’ side? I think the players will let the season record do the talking from here on out.

Last year Warren Sapp opened up that big ol’ mouth of his last season and said the Steelers were ‘old, slow, and done.’ The Steelers rebounded after stumbling out of the gates, finished 12-4 on the season, and had the No. 1 ranked defense. How’s that for old, slow, and done? Turns out that in this case Sapp’s mouth was cashing checks he couldn’t afford because The Man has come a knocking at Sapp’s door, and he’s filed for bankruptcy. Wahh Wahh.

Apparently, he thinks he has mass amounts of credibility because he’s running his mouth once again that paints a less than favorable picture for the Steelers in 2012. He has recently predicted that the Steelers won’t make the playoffs this year and will be lucky to finish over .500. Why? Because of the loss of just a few key veterans – specifically Hines Ward, James Farrior and Aaron Smith. *scratching head* Last time I checked Ward, Farrior, and Smith were part of the Blue Hair Club that Sapp so vehemently railed against last season as being old, slow, and done. So wouldn’t their departure be a good thing? And if it’s not a good thing, then doesn’t that mean you were wrong in your assessment last season? Either way Sapp makes about as much sense as an alien working a mail room….

Ahhh now we come to the picture above. If you ever saw Men In Black 2, you might remember a scene in which rapper, Biz Markie, appeared in the mail room scene. In this scene Will Smith’s character beatboxes to a large black guy – who turns out to be an alien – who beatboxes a bunch of nonsense back. Well, Sapp looks and sounds just as foolish as that dude in the mailroom when he talks about the Steelers.

But don’t fret, Nation. The Steelers D stepped up to the mic Tuesday and gave Sapp their own tongue lashing. Ike Taylor (who has decided that part of his new contract last season was to say all the RIGHT things) and Larry Foote went after Sapp during Face Me Ike’s weekly radio show.

“He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues. Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door.” - Ike Taylor

Taylor is clearly going after Sapp and his bankruptcy problems. Foote joined in the volley by citing the reason why Sapp has such a grudge over the Steelers. He recalls the Monday Night game from 2002 when the Steelers played the Bucs and Sapp crossed team lines during warm-ups. Foote said that Joey Porter and Jason Gildon grabbed the Sapp and Nate Webster by the throats before things got out of hand with the larger group of players.

“He came out there hopping like a little girl, and they snatched them up. If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage.” - Larry Foote

It’s no secret that Sapp has a beef with the Steelers because of this. I know that Sapp gets paid to give his opinions on NFL Network. But, his shock jock’ing by saying ludicrous things about teams, especially the Steelers, is a bit much. It’s about as annoying as some shock jock political a-holes out there – pretty soon it’s just a bunch of white noise to my ears.

I’ll just end this by saying the obvious. Warren Sapp, grow up. Flush your bitter pills down the toilet along with your football and analytical careers AND all your money. The Steelers will end the season over .500. In fact, anyone with half a football brain knows that they will be in hot contention for the AFC North (as always) even though they have a new offense under Todd Haley. And, in case you couldn’t understand me, let me put it in terms that you can understand – blerp bleep bloop bwap pwherft flibbity boodah bing dabba dabba ahemina ahemina. Got it? Great.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/06/06/steelers-d-up-against-warren-sapp/

teegre
06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
it was a joke dude...:tt03:

My bad. I didn't catch the sarcasm (which doesn't always translate in written form). :drink:

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Now this is getting entertaining. I wanna see what Swaggin U has for a response.

4xSBChamps
06-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Fat-F was just interviewed on the radio at 620 / WDAE in Tampa ~ 15 minutes of blowing smoke up his massive-ass, with no-mention of his remarks about the Steelers, or the incident mentioned above

Atlanta Dan
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Given his off the field issues (which involve a lot more than bankruptcy) and on the air lack of talent I am amazed Sapp still has a job

Steelers and their fans need to remember not to feed the troll - Sapp is just looking to stir the pot

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Given his off the field issues (which involve a lot more than bankruptcy) and on the air lack of talent I am amazed Sapp still has a job

Steelers and their fans need to remember not to feed the troll - Sapp is just looking to stir the pot

I think if we as fans remember that Sapp is just comic relief on NFL network....this is kind of fun to watch. I dont take what Sapp says as seriously as other commentators like Mooch, Ditka, Parcells, etc.

Its like hockey. I like watching the game, but if a good fight breaks out, then I will not turn away in disgust, but rather enjoy the show.