PDA

View Full Version : Madden interviews Cowher

Hammer67
07-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Pretty good interview of Bill Cowher by Mark Madden about 15 minutes ago. He reiterated most of what he has said on most issues. Madden covered all the hot points. Notably asking about his possible retirement. Cowher said that he has taken his situation year by year since the 6 win season a few years ago. He said he is committed right now and is comfortable with the contract situation/progress and the Rooneys. He said he isn't worried about money and that wouldn't influence his decisions in the future.

Jeremy
07-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Did Madden accuse him of sleeping with his secretary again?

Haiku_Dirtt
07-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Did Madden accuse him of sleeping with his secretary again?
Was she a hottie? Ooops. Not important.

I meant in this case I don't think it's about the money - not between the Rooney's and Cowher. They stood by each other for a decade plus even at 6-10. Bill's money doesn't have salary cap implications.

Other factors are in play. Art II is at the helm and any young buck worth his salt wants to put his stamp on this organization and succeed.

Whiz is a blue chip. Of course he wasn't going to the train wreck in Oakland. The ONLY man for that job is Art Shell. It's a sin he's been out of the NFL this long and grampa finally realized he couldn't get a winner to coach the Raiders. Look for a vast improvement there. He wants to be HC somewhere and he and Ben are getting tighter by the minute.

I don't have them yet but he does. It makes perfect sense for a sabbatical. He's reached the top. He's so young. He can skip around the country watching girls basketball and come back to the NFL with something he'll never get with the Steelers.

A stake in ownership. I'd bet this is his last year. Maybe he'll honor the two years left. A bet. And I'm betting Whiz is the third Steelers HC since I was in diapers. I know he's offense. But the franchise QB has made is stock skyrocket.

SteelersMongol
07-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Pretty good interview of Bill Cowher by Mark Madden about 15 minutes ago. He reiterated most of what he has said on most issues. Madden covered all the hot points. Notably asking about his possible retirement. Cowher said that he has taken his situation year by year since the 6 win season a few years ago. He said he is committed right now and is comfortable with the contract situation/progress and the Rooneys. He said he isn't worried about money and that wouldn't influence his decisions in the future.

You guys already convinced me well enough about how Rooney's pay fair but good. :bouncy: If Coach said there is no money involvement in his decision making "Hurray" for the Coach one more time. Thanks for the heads up Hammer. BTW, you avator pic looks like magazine photo model's, you're one cool looking Steelers fan, man. :smile:

Hammer67
07-25-2006, 01:40 PM
[quote=Thanks for the heads up Hammer. BTW, you avator pic looks like magazine photo model's, you're one cool looking Steelers fan, man. :smile:[/quote]

LOL! :flex: :blush:

That's a photo my brother took in downtown Detroit the morning of the Super Bowl. he's trying to be photographer so I will tell him you like his work! :sofunny: