PDA

View Full Version : NFL=Political Correctness?

Lyn
07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Lester Holmes <lholmes06@yahoo.com> wrote:

The National Football League has become the league of political correctness. No teams truly hate each other. With players switching uniforms every off-season and the League office cutting down on TD celebrations and taunting it seems like teams just play against each other for 3 hours, pack up and leave.

That's why the NFL needs the Steelers and the Bengals-a true rivarly between two teams that are young and should battle against each other for the next several years.

This is the best rivalary in football now. Better than GB/Chicago, KC/Denver. This is great for the league and Steelers fans. Face it, beating the Ravens became old and Cleveland isn't Cleveland.
What are your thoughts??

Stillers#1
07-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't see this becoming a great rivalry, I would like it to be though. I just think that the Bungles will turn back into the Bungles after this year, they have too many volatile personalities in the locker room. I hope they prove me wrong, b/c I mean, who doesn't want to see a great rivalry, but these guys are garbage without Palmer, and we all know you never truly recover from a knee injusry that bad.

LambertLunatic
07-25-2006, 01:35 PM
don't see this becoming a great rivalry, I would like it to be though. I just think that the Bungles will turn back into the Bungles after this year, they have too many volatile personalities in the locker room. I hope they prove me wrong, b/c I mean, who doesn't want to see a great rivalry, but these guys are garbage without Palmer, and we all know you never truly recover from a knee injusry that bad.

The thing that is going to kill the bungles 1 year dynasty in the AFC North is their O Line. Four starters on their line hit free agency after this year, and they won't have the cap space to sign more than 2. Palmer is a very good QB, but without an O line, he's going to be ineffective.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't see this becoming a great rivalry, I would like it to be though. I just think that the Bungles will turn back into the Bungles after this year, they have too many volatile personalities in the locker room. I hope they prove me wrong, b/c I mean, who doesn't want to see a great rivalry, but these guys are garbage without Palmer, and we all know you never truly recover from a knee injusry that bad.

Palmer is very unique. I think he'll be fine if he's doesn't rush himself in this season.

As to Lyn's post yes the Ex-Browns are still kinda on top but I see the Steeler-Cincy rivalry looking more like a contemporary version of the 70's Raider rivalry soon.

I hope Palmer comes back (well five games into the season) because he has a truly sweet delivery - over the top. He's the better QB than Ben but Ben is on the better team.

Teams win championships.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-25-2006, 09:38 PM
I hope Palmer comes back (well five games into the season) because he has a truly sweet delivery - over the top. He's the better QB than Ben but Ben is on the better team.

Blasphemy !! You need to step away from the Pipe!!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Well cutting down on the TD celebrations just leads me to think that the NFL is the NO FUN LEAGUE.

BBC
07-26-2006, 12:09 AM
and we all know you never truly recover from a knee injusry that bad.

You mean like Willis McGahee?

It's very possible, and I hope Carson can do it. This isn't, and never will be "the best rivalry in football" but the games are fun to watch, and seeing Ben vs. Carson twice a year should be entertaining for a good while.

HometownGal
07-26-2006, 07:00 AM
and we all know you never truly recover from a knee injusry that bad.

Edgerrin James had much the same injury and came back better than ever. :smile:

I do believe over the years, the NFL has "pussified" the game somewhat. Bring back the rough and tumble intensity that was so prevalent in the 70's!

Haiku_Dirtt
07-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Blasphemy !! You need to step away from the Pipe!!

You knew I was expecting that. I had a stopwatch on it. Trojan homies...what are ya going to do with them? :dang:

And I'm even taping Saints preseason this year...assuming he doesn't holdout. That's nothing short of a miracle.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I hope Palmer comes back (well five games into the season) because he has a truly sweet delivery - over the top. He's the better QB than Ben but Ben is on the better tea

I wouldn't say the better QB,they have two different styles of play.I'd say Palmer is the better pocket passer.

Both QB's are in systems that fit thier styles perfectly,which is a big help.

I too hope Palmer makes a full recovery,I love watching him play...he throws a better ball than Manning (both of em) IMHO.