PDA

View Full Version : Pick 2 new Steelers' Pro Bowlers

JohnniDrama
07-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Every year we have a couple new guys step it up to Pro Bowl level besides the Alan Faneca's, Jeff Hartings', Joey Porter's, and Troy's. My pick for 2 new Pro Bowlers for the Steelers this year is Heath Miller and Ike Taylor. With a great possibility that Ben will make it as well. Everybody keeps talking about the negatives with Santonio and Ben. Nobody looks at the positives. Heath, IMO, is a lock to have a great year. No one is really talking about him. He did phenominal in the playoffs and especially against the Colts. He had 6 TD's last year and over 35 catches, more than El. I think he will reach double digit TD's being that he is such a great red zone target. As for Ike Taylor, no on had more than 60 yds on him in the playoffs. This includes Marvin, Chad, Rod, and Darrell Jackson. How many Int's did he miss last year, 9 or 10? In the playoffs he starting picking balls off, aka. Denver and Seattle. That shows to me that he is learning. On top of that he is a workout warrior. He started working out 5 days after the Super Bowl! Are you kidding me?! Thats work ethic. The disappointment there is that he will command more money and will won't be able to sign him because we need to sign Troy and Ben. We finally get a lockdown corner and now we can't afford him. That shows just how much talent we have on this team.

What does eveyone else think?

ARKIESTEEL
07-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Willie Parker

Brett Keisel

Haiku_Dirtt
07-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Willie Parker

Brett Keisel

Keisel.

I don't see a 'new' second one this year but very outside chance Parker.

HometownGal
07-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Ike Taylor and Chris "The Finger" Gardocki. Cleveland's loss was most definitely our gain.:cool:

Stillers#1
07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Larry Foote

Heath

PisnNapalm
07-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Heath Miller and Big Ben. :) wishful thinking I know, but what the ehll right?

tony hipchest
07-25-2006, 03:02 PM
we will be able to afford ike. ike makes it to the probowl and ben as an alternate.

BigSteelThrill
07-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Max Starks

TasmanianTroy271
07-25-2006, 03:21 PM
I definately think Ben has a shot as good as any to make it to the Pro Bowl this year, especially with the way our running game is looking. Let's face it, Our running game this year could be amazing, or it could be very lackluster. Willie only has 1 season behind him, and Duce could very well go out again. Couple that with Nate Washington being our official 3rd WR going into Training Camp and Santonio Holmes coming in, I think this could be Ben's best year so far, as far as Stats go.

Secondly, I think that if our passing game does flourish, that heath Miller has a good shot to go to the Pro Bowl. He's a tank, as we've all seen from his limited catches, and even though there are some elite TE's out there, I think Heath could have a break out year.

Ike does have a shot, but I think he, as well as McFadden, are still a year off from being Elite corners in the league. I think they'll be solid, even very good, but I don't think they'll make it to the Pro Bowl.

As far as our LB's go, We all know what they can do. They're great as a whole, but people like Foote, Farrior, and Haggans aren't gonna put up the kind of numbers to get them into the Pro Bowl, especially with people like Lofa Tatupu and Shawne Merriman coming into their prime. I'll be suprised if JP makes it this year.

dhosmer
07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
As far as our LB's go, We all know what they can do. They're great as a whole, but people like Foote, Farrior, and Haggans aren't gonna put up the kind of numbers to get them into the Pro Bowl, especially with people like Lofa Tatupu and Shawne Merriman coming into their prime. I'll be suprised if JP makes it this year.

What do you mean they won't put up the kind of numbers needed? Foote led the team in tackling, Farrior is only one season removed from being runner up for Defensive Player of the Year, and Haggans notched 9 sacks last year. Not to mention that Tatupu isn't even in the AFC. I think all four of our linebackers have a fair shot at making the Pro Bowl and would be very surprised if at least one didn't.

Blitzburgh55
07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Max Starks
Are you joking

Big Ben
Larry Foote

BigSteelThrill
07-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Amongst the AFC right tackles, nope, Im not jokin at all.
If Starks continues to improve at the rate he has been improving all along.

I see no reason at all he cant be among the second tier. None. In fact he could surpass them all quite easily. If you are selecting a RT for your team tomorrow in the draft - He would be amongs the AFC early selections.

W Anderson Cin

G Foster Den
J Welbourne KC
R Diem Ind

J Bell Ten
S Olivea SD
Garg/Jones NYJ
Z Wiegert Hou
V Carey Mia
R Tucker Cle
B Sims Oak
B Gordon NE
M Williams Jax
T Pashos Bal
J Peters Buf

A couple better players... R Gallery and M Roos have been switched to left tackle, so they no longer are even play the same position. Is Ferguson of the Jets playing RT to start? He could add some challenge in there if so.

Elvis
07-25-2006, 06:58 PM
First of all.. Max Starks is Not a Pro Bowler at any tackle spot available in my opinion. For his size like 6'5'" 340lbs... he should have NOBODY get to the QB from his side... That isnt even an option in my opinion.
First time pro-bowlers?
hmmmmm....
Heath Miller TE deffinitely could be there, cuz I dont think our run offense is gonna be our strong point this year.. I dont see Willie having another big year again and in my opinion I think that Staley is the man we need back there IF he is 100%
I think that Larry Foote could be there for us also.. he makes alot of plays... Hey... how Dan Kreider FB in the Pro Bowl?... He deserves to be there for his blocking no doubt in my mind...
God Bless All
Elvis

tony hipchest
07-25-2006, 07:06 PM
i think max starks is feasible. i dont think he has reached his peak yet. dan kreider would be a great option but i think he needs some more numbers to actually make it. (numbers he probably wont get)

BigSteelThrill
07-25-2006, 07:10 PM
First of all.. Max Starks is Not a Pro Bowler at any tackle spot available in my opinion. For his size like 6'5'" 340lbs... he should have NOBODY get to the QB from his side... That isnt even an option in my opinion.
First time pro-bowlers?

First of all....
Size is fur run blocking and bull rushers.
Technique and hand/foot work is for pass blocking.

He still needs to improve and thus why I said, if he continues to improve.
But clearly among the right tackles he is on the right track.

SteelCzar76
07-25-2006, 07:21 PM
I want to see Aaron Smith go,....it's almost insane how underated he is by his peers and most people outside of Pittsburgh. And i feel Ben does if he has a "numbers" year along with winning.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-25-2006, 08:47 PM
IKE and Ben......
This year Ben receives the respect and acknowlegment he deserves!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-25-2006, 09:00 PM
IKE and Ben......
This year Ben receives the respect and acknowlegment he deserves!!!!!

As much as I would love to see BigBen go to the Pro Bowl. I just don't see it. Peyton "Golden Boy" Manning already has one spot of three. I'm sure Tom Brady will lock up another one. So thats two. If Carson Palmer has no set backs I think he will be the third QB. But with Drew Brees bolting (no point intended) to the NFC. That opened a spot for Ben. But with the Dolphins trading for Daunte Culpepper and if he regains his form. He will be in the mix as well.

About Ike. I think it will be hard for him to make the Pro Bowl as well. Champ Bailey has one spot already. Then there is Dunta Robinson and Rashean Mathis. They are among the best young corners in the NFL. The Chiefs pair of Surtain and Law have the vet rep going for them. Nate Clements of the Bills is another vet corner that has a good shot for the Pro Bowl.

TasmanianTroy271
07-26-2006, 12:13 AM
What do you mean they won't put up the kind of numbers needed? Foote led the team in tackling, Farrior is only one season removed from being runner up for Defensive Player of the Year, and Haggans notched 9 sacks last year. Not to mention that Tatupu isn't even in the AFC. I think all four of our linebackers have a fair shot at making the Pro Bowl and would be very surprised if at least one didn't.

The kind of Linebackers that get into the probowl are the linebackers that are Amazingly good, but don't have anyone else around them. All of our linebackers are good, but none of them stand out when compared to the rest of the nfl, except maybe Porter. Add in the fact that Porter, Farrior, and Haggans are getting up there in years and there are alot of good young Linebackers in the nfl right now. I don't think they aren't deserving, I just think that they're all good, which means not one of them is gonna dominate and put up the kind of stats that some other Linebackers will, and you won't be seeing the same guy making plays all the time that'll garner attention to them.

Stillers#1
07-26-2006, 12:48 AM

Ya I agree, Foote is going to be a huge star in this league. He is waaaay young still, and has a great head on his shoulders. Hopefully you all know how honest my opinions are, and I am not a Homer, but I would take foote over Odell any day of the week. You heard it here, Foote will bee a pro-bowler this year.

ben2hines=6
07-26-2006, 12:56 AM
jeff reed (hey the man prooved he was clutch last year)

ike taylor

i wanna say haggans but he has to stay healthy

Haiku_Dirtt
07-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Larry Foote

Heath

Damn I went brain dead. Of course Heath. HEY STOOPID!!! DUNCE CAKE WAKE UP!!! Self criticism is healthy.

I am soooooo big on this guy. Uhhh. Jay Novacek comes to mind. But Miller has his own style. I'm taking bets right now. Little bets okay. He is a potential Hall of Famer. And yeah I'll go out on a limb for this one...just like (shhhhh not Reggie Bush)

Foote not unlike Aaron may deserve it but he would get overlooked.

Polamalu43
07-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Every year we have a couple new guys step it up to Pro Bowl level besides the Alan Faneca's, Jeff Hartings', Joey Porter's, and Troy's. My pick for 2 new Pro Bowlers for the Steelers this year is Heath Miller and Ike Taylor. With a great possibility that Ben will make it as well. Everybody keeps talking about the negatives with Santonio and Ben. Nobody looks at the positives. Heath, IMO, is a lock to have a great year. No one is really talking about him. He did phenominal in the playoffs and especially against the Colts. He had 6 TD's last year and over 35 catches, more than El. I think he will reach double digit TD's being that he is such a great red zone target. As for Ike Taylor, no on had more than 60 yds on him in the playoffs. This includes Marvin, Chad, Rod, and Darrell Jackson. How many Int's did he miss last year, 9 or 10? In the playoffs he starting picking balls off, aka. Denver and Seattle. That shows to me that he is learning. On top of that he is a workout warrior. He started working out 5 days after the Super Bowl! Are you kidding me?! Thats work ethic. The disappointment there is that he will command more money and will won't be able to sign him because we need to sign Troy and Ben. We finally get a lockdown corner and now we can't afford him. That shows just how much talent we have on this team.

What does eveyone else think?

Big Ben

Quincy morgan..

Haiku_Dirtt
07-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Big Ben

Quincy morgan..

I'd be leaning toward Nate Washington rather than Morgan. But I like Morgan returning kicks.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Heath Miller is gonna go,he's gonna have a huge year.He's gonna have more TD catches than Todd Heap(of sh*t).He's gonna prove to be one of the elite TE's in the NFL this year.The guy is a tank,when he gets the ball you get trucked by the guy.He'd truck his own grandmother to get into the endzone.Not to mention last year someone said he's the best blocking TE in the league also.

Ben will be a Pro Bowler.He's got weapons:Ward,Miller,Wilson,Morgan,Washington,and Holmes if he can keep his butt out of a jail cell.Ben will throw for more yards,more TD's and fewer INT's this year.

Manning probally has a spot locked up,and if Palmer doesn't miss too much time and is his normal self when he comes back he probally gets a spot.So that leaves one more QB and I can't think of anyone in the AFC besides Ben who'll take it.

Also look for Ike Taylor to be in the Pro Bowl.He's gonna catch some of those INT's this year that he would have dropped last year.

I also expect to see Haggans in it to.He had 9 sacks last year and with Porter back to his pre-bullit-in-the-ass self,this will mean less people focusing on Haggans to stop Porter.Look for Haggans to reach doube-digit sacks this season.

BigSteelThrill
07-26-2006, 03:27 PM
I like the Jeff Reed selection.

BigSteelThrill
07-26-2006, 03:30 PM
dan kreider would be a great option but i think he needs some more numbers to actually make it. (numbers he probably wont get)
The man behind him (Parker or whomever) has to have the huge numbers. Tony Richardson had Holmes and Johnson, Neal had LT2, Strong had Alexander. If Parker goes for 1600, it would almost be a lock.

pittsburgh$teelersfan
07-26-2006, 03:32 PM
on offense- Heath Miller
on defense - my boy ike taylor

pittsburgh$teelersfan
07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
offense- willie reid
defense- my boy ike taylor

SteelerFanInCA
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Heath Miller & Big Ben.

HometownGal
07-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Manning probally has a spot locked up,and if Palmer doesn't miss too much time and is his normal self when he comes back he probally gets a spot.So that leaves one more QB and I can't think of anyone in the AFC besides Ben who'll take it.

As much as I hate to say it, unless Fairy Tom is sidelined with an injury or has a horrendous year (both of which are pretty unlikely as he's tough as nails), I don't see Ben going to the Pro Bowl unless his numbers far surpass those of Tom Tom. I hope I'm wrong here, but Manning (unless some DL or DB rushes Daddy's Boy to the turf and he gets a brush burn), Brady and Palmer (IF his knee holds up) are almost sure locks for the 3 slots.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2006, 05:32 PM
As much as I hate to say it, unless Fairy Tom is sidelined with an injury or has a horrendous year (both of which are pretty unlikely as he's tough as nails), I don't see Ben going to the Pro Bowl unless his numbers far surpass those of Tom Tom. I hope I'm wrong here, but Manning (unless some DL or DB rushes Daddy's Boy to the turf and he gets a brush burn), Brady and Palmer (IF his knee holds up) are almost sure locks for the 3 slots.

Yea as much as I want to see Ben in the Pro Bowl. I don't think his chances are very high this year. His chances got better with Drew Brees heading to the NFC. The former Chargers QB has been putting up Pro Bowl numbers the past few years. But with Peyton "Golden Boy" Manning, Tom "I'm God" Brady and Carson "Jesus Christ To Bengals Fans" Palmer all in the AFC...the chances for Ben are slim this year for the Pro Bowl. Plus Daunte Culpepper is in the AFC now and if he regains his old form. That is another QB that would make it hard for BigBen to be in the Pro Bowl. But I do see Pro Bowls in Big Ben's future though. Just not this year.

SteelerzGirl
07-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Ben and Hines

X-Terminator
07-26-2006, 07:27 PM

Yea as much as I want to see Ben in the Pro Bowl. I don't think his chances are very high this year. His chances got better with Drew Brees heading to the NFC. The former Chargers QB has been putting up Pro Bowl numbers the past few years. But with Peyton "Golden Boy" Manning, Tom "I'm God" Brady and Carson "Jesus Christ To Bengals Fans" Palmer all in the AFC...the chances for Ben are slim this year for the Pro Bowl. Plus Daunte Culpepper is in the AFC now and if he regains his old form. That is another QB that would make it hard for BigBen to be in the Pro Bowl. But I do see Pro Bowls in Big Ben's future though. Just not this year.

I agree with both posts - there simply are too many good QBs in the AFC for Ben to make the Pro Bowl. In addition to these guys, you can't rule out Jake Plummer or Byron Leftwich, who I think is going to have a very solid season. The talent pool is simply too deep, and Ben won't be able to put up Pro Bowl-type numbers in our offense, no matter how much they choose to open it up.

My two picks for new Pro Bowlers are Ike Taylor and Chris "The Finger" Gardocki. Ike is ready to have a bustout year, and Gardocki IMO is the best and most consistent punter in the AFC.