PDA

View Full Version : Post Gazette

wnyBob
06-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Has anyone also noticed that since the Post Gazette changed their online Steelers and NFL format awhile ago that coverage has dropped off? Obviously it’s that time of year where there isn’t much Steelers news to cover except for the human interest and fluff stories that they have been doing. But they used to at least keep up with articles under “Around the NFL” and the AP wire of other teams. Even those go days at a time without being updated. I don’t live in Pittsburgh and have always got just enough news from the Post Gazette/Steelers online. Plus my main interest is the Steelers. And I don’t have the time or care to read every sports rag published. It was convenient to check on the Steelers news and while on the website read the AP wire NFL news. I wish they’d at least go back to keep up with the AP wire while they’re waiting for some relevant Steelers news to break.

Bayz101
06-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Something isn't right on the page. Their Steelers news is even two days off, and some of it has nothing to do with PIttsburgh. Maybe the site is under maintenance?

ricardisimo
06-24-2012, 12:57 PM
They're not as steady recently, but have big spurts of activity followed by nothing. It has anything to do with the change in look. Just the offseason, maybe also Bouchette's energy level from one day to the next.

This thread probably belongs elsewhere, though.

Atlanta Dan
06-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I think Gerry Dulac is still doing PG Plus chats but Ed.B. said he is on vacation and will not resume his online chats until training camp starts

I think part of it is Ed.B. has no interest in online reporting, which could be an age thing

Trib-Review has to try harder and more actively reports offseason news

stiller39
06-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Post used to be number one til they changed there format... yuck!! Go trib, Go!

TRH
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM
one thing is for certain....the new format SUCKS. Harder to read, harder to navigate. And i have noticed, since the change, there are far fewer sports stories. Terrible direction.
When i want to look at pittsburgh news in general (not just sports), i now go to WPXI first.

ricardisimo
06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
The AFC North guy from ESPN is going on vacation until training camp as well. It's just the season. Nobody cares what's going on, and when they do write stuff up, it's clearly muckraking meant to sell papers until the season starts.

LVSteelersfan
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I hate this time of year. Can't stand baseball any more. At least the Olympics will help get us through to training camp. Finally got Sunday Ticket. Can't wait to see every Steelers game at home. I like the atmosphere at the Steelers bars but it ends up costing me too much money. Got Sunday Ticket for free for one year so life is good in that respect.