PDA

View Full Version : I figured you would be impressed with this season preview

steelcity984
07-25-2006, 11:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/teams/afcn/pittsburgh_steelers.html

It is quite positive and it gives respect to players many people on here are disrespected like Aaron Smith and Ike Taylor.

MattsMe
07-25-2006, 11:45 PM
A very good read, thanks for posting.

BlackNGold203
07-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Must-see TV
The Steelers were, by far, the most watched team in their home market in the NFL last season, drawing a 45.0 rating and a 68 share in the Pittsburgh area. The 90.7 million people in the U.S. that watched them in Super Bowl XL was the largest audience for the game since the Steelers played the Cowboys 10 years earlier.

Who's America's team?????

Who cares????

The Steelers are OUR team!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Haiku_Dirtt
07-25-2006, 11:49 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/teams/afcn/pittsburgh_steelers.html

It is quite positive and it gives respect to players many people on here are disrespected like Aaron Smith and Ike Taylor.

Wow. Since I've been in here I haven't heard one bad word about Aaron Smith. All he did last year was get double-teamed on nearly every down. It's a thankless job in the new world of fantasy football that measures a player purely on stats which is chickens**t. And he'll do it again this year which is why most of us are thinking Keisel is going to put up great numbers. When I think of Smith and Hampton I say Gibraltar Rock. We were pissing and moaning when he got jobbed for the Pro Bowl only to make as an injury replacement.

And Ike gets tons of love in here. Some criticism was launched when pre-mature contract talk was levied but that's not disrespect. A lot of guys on that defense are going to want pay raises so breaking the bank for Ike now is not the Steeler way. And he drops interceptions - not disrepect but a fact. Now that being said most in here are thinking Ike could prove to be elite at his position. Because of his age and experience 'elite' is a little lofty and premature for last season.

steelcity984
07-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry, I didnt mean disrespected on here, I meant people on here feel they are disrespected by the media.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Sorry, I didnt mean disrespected on here, I meant people on here feel they are disrespected by the media.

The sports media is a circus. All of the ESPN shows have become about themselves.

Steely Dan nailed it awhile back "Show bizness kids making movies of themselves you know they don't give a f*** about anybody else"

That's why I wish Hoge had his own show. The next player the national media will have no clue about is Kemoeatu. The last one was Kiesel.