PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' Branch set to miss start of training camp

BlackNGold203
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Trouble in paradise????

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2530066

Branch, who is seeking a contract extension, has deliberated the last several days over his course of action, and decided that he will not report until his deal is upgraded.

hmmmmmm

Jeremy
07-26-2006, 10:16 AM
It was going to happen to them sooner or later. No franchise can sustain the string of good luck they've seen over the last few years. First they lost the two best coordinators in football, they're having player holdouts, and their head coach was the other man in a messy divorce case.

But don't worry, Bob Craft will make sure everything stays nice and quiet in Boston.

Ambridge
07-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Under a new twist in the extension to the collective bargaining agreement,
Branch can be fined a maximum of $14,000 per day. That is nearly triple the previous maximum daily fine of $5,000 that a team could levy against a player under contract who does not report to training camp.

Looks like New England has the leverage here.
I'd like to see how many $14,000 days Branch is willing to be fined??

OUCH!!

SteelerFanInCA
07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
That's some crazy money. I wonder if it will influence his negotiating tactic any?

Livinginthe past
07-27-2006, 01:13 AM
I have a feeling that alot of these holdouts are done for show.

I wonder if Branch really is being fined $14,000 for every day he misses - its in the Patriots interests to appear as if they play hardball with all their salary negotiations.

Even Seymour, who is one half of the Indispensibles, had to hold out for a period of time before he got his money.

As much as New England lack WR depth, they wont be bullied into making a financially unsound decison that will still be impacting them in years to come.

Oh and Jeremy, its Bob Kraft, and when there is only one player holding out - its a hold out, not holdouts.

NM

Livinginthe past
07-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Here is a little more insight into what the Patriots (and probably all NFL teams) have to face when it comes to contract negotiations.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20060727_27branch.33b5c61.html

If the numbers being offered to Branch are correct then he should be biting the Patriots hands off to accept them.

I have to admit when I read on a seperate article that his agent said Branch would sign when he being treated 'fairly' it raised a few hackles.

Comments like that do nothing to help his client - the Patriots have shwon they wont bend to public opinion before - all it will do is p*ss off the F.O.

Anyone know a good agent?

NM

Livinginthe past
08-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Thought i'd give this thread a little bump, even though nothing majorly newsworthy has happened.

Branch was interviewed and has expressed his understanding that the Patriots stance is one based upon business factors and nothing personal.

From what I understand, any small amount of sympathy Branch had from the fanbase at the beginning of this drawn out episode - he lost a couple of weeks ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2558415

Get a deal done and get your ass into camp, Deion.

NM

SteelCzar76
08-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Thought i'd give this thread a little bump, even though nothing majorly newsworthy has happened.

Branch was interviewed and has expressed his understanding that the Patriots stance is one based upon business factors and nothing personal.

From what I understand, any small amount of sympathy Branch had from the fanbase at the beginning of this drawn out episode - he lost a couple of weeks ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2558415

Get a deal done and get your ass into camp, Deion.

NM

Buisness,....is just that Pats. You know this is a numbers and leverage game. I don't think Branch is on some "F#ck You,....pay me". He just trying to insure his future while he has any kind of leverage to do so,......if your skills helped to make so many others so VASTLY wealthy,...wouldn't you want a reasonable cut ? Remember the league doesn't pay the same as many other less popular, less violent,...basically just lesser,...sport's.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

tony hipchest
08-24-2006, 08:48 AM
branch is screwed. 1st hes looking at what the rooneys did with hines ward. unfortunately for him he plays for r. kraft.

2nd hes looking for a huge payday just based on 3 games and being part of a superbowl team. thats done and over with.

3rd hes looking for reggie wayne type money. no matter if brady leads the league in all statistical categories branch's numbers will never match up with the colts number 2 option and he may never catch the 10 touchdowns b. stokely did as the #3 option.

4th he can be replaced by troy brown. whats that tell you.

5th hes small and fragile.

the pats will offer to waive his fines which are past a quarter of a mil and he will report before game one with his tail between his legs and a chip on his shoulder. brady will be instructed by the coach/gm to keep his numbers down, and branch can walk after the season and sign a semi lucrative deal with the 49ers.

BlackNGold203
08-24-2006, 09:01 AM
branch is screwed. 1st hes looking at what the rooneys did with hines ward. unfortunately for him he plays for r. kraft.

2nd hes looking for a huge payday just based on 3 games and being part of a superbowl team. thats done and over with.

3rd hes looking for reggie wayne type money. no matter if brady leads the league in all statistical categories branch's numbers will never match up with the colts number 2 option and he may never catch the 10 touchdowns b. stokely did as the #3 option.

the pats will offer to waive his fines which are past a quarter of a mil and he will report before game one with his tail between his legs and a chip on his shoulder. brady will be instructed by the coach/gm to keep his numbers down, and branch can walk after the season and sign a semi lucrative deal with the 49ers.

Wow....I couldnt say it better....This guy is gonna get nothing and like it....

hardwork
08-24-2006, 12:44 PM

He can't be replaced by Brown. His numbers won't be kept down. The Patriots may franchise him next year.

tony hipchest
08-24-2006, 01:55 PM
He can't be replaced by Brown. His numbers won't be kept down. The Patriots may franchise him next year.
he either will be replaced by grampappy brown, a rookie, or a castoff (it can and will happen if he dont report here soon). dont think the f.o. is above keeping their position players #'s down to keep a players f.a. value down, they been doing it for 5 years. its a proven method and strategy. and what makes you think the patriots will franchise him (that means giving him the average salary of the top 5 wr's in the game, which he clearly isnt close to being) if they wont even give him reggie wayne money?

hardwork
08-24-2006, 02:07 PM
he either will be replaced by grampappy brown, a rookie, or a castoff (it can and will happen if he dont report here soon). dont think the f.o. is above keeping their position players #'s down to keep a players f.a. value down, they been doing it for 5 years. its a proven method and strategy. and what makes you think the patriots will franchise him (that means giving him the average salary of the top 5 wr's in the game, which he clearly isnt close to being) if they wont even give him reggie wayne money?

He isn't going to be replaced by anyone. If doesn't play, he doesn't play.

BS to your keeping his numbers down. They aren't going to pay him what he wants. That's the way you handle it. From what I've heard they are several million apart, per year.

Franchising him has been part of the talk. Branch is afraid of that.

tony hipchest
08-24-2006, 02:27 PM
He isn't going to be replaced by anyone. If doesn't play, he doesn't play.

BS to your keeping his numbers down. They aren't going to pay him what he wants. That's the way you handle it. From what I've heard they are several million apart, per year.

Franchising him has been part of the talk. Branch is afraid of that.

so the patriots will just go at it with 10 players on offense then?

your saying they wont pay him an extra million or 2 a year on an extended contract now, but they will give him a 7-9 million dollar pay raise next year for 1 season????? either you or the pats f.o. are off their rocker. hes not worth franchising.

lucky thing for the pats is that they really dont have any players of value coming up for new contracts any time soon. maybe they will make a run at polamalu, taylor, or roethlisberger.... you know champion calibur players

hardwork
08-24-2006, 05:23 PM
so the patriots will just go at it with 10 players on offense then?

your saying they wont pay him an extra million or 2 a year on an extended contract now, but they will give him a 7-9 million dollar pay raise next year for 1 season????? either you or the pats f.o. are off their rocker. hes not worth franchising.

lucky thing for the pats is that they really dont have any players of value coming up for new contracts any time soon. maybe they will make a run at polamalu, taylor, or roethlisberger.... you know champion calibur players

Roethisburgher couldn't make this team. The only champion you had, the bus, is gone. You won't win another SB for 25 years. And the only reason you won this one is because Seattle sucks and the refs were bought off.

SteelCzar76
08-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Roethisburgher couldn't make this team. The only champion you had, the bus, is gone. You won't win another SB for 25 years. And the only reason you won this one is because Seattle sucks and the refs were bought off.

"Lil Patsy talkin slick ?,.....allow me to stop this."
"You know a Pat's Fan sensitive,....like they have to squat to piss"

"Ask the world who's the Grittiest,.....Pittsburgh Steel's that choice"
"While a patsy soft and pretty like Sade's Voice"

"But WE go hard at any odd's,.....we don't blend with those"
"If you were smart,.... you'd get gone,.....like Willie Parker Quads was pushin your ten toes"

"Did i hurt your feelings baby girl ?,.....It's okay walk it off.
A short Boston pier,... with all your peers,...until your swimming with Jaws"

"With your Drawls filled with menstrual Blood,.....without Vinateri's foot...
how could you have accomplished what you've done ?"

"But we're the "Lucky" ones ?,.......Please Homey,......save it for someone else.
Your not HardWork,.....just a Hard Jerk,.......playin yourself"

LMAO

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

tony hipchest
08-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Roethisburgher couldn't make this team. The only champion you had, the bus, is gone. You won't win another SB for 25 years. And the only reason you won this one is because Seattle sucks and the refs were bought off.seattle was significantly better than the patriots last season. not only did they prove that in about every statistical category they proved it by actually making it to the superbowl.

hasselbeck doesnt throw the ball away like brady. the pats were paper champions, and they have proven all there players suck elsewhere. they love steelers players. infact they NEED them for any ammount of success. 'chick dont know how to properly train and mold that winning attitude.

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 04:24 AM
seattle was significantly better than the patriots last season. not only did they prove that in about every statistical category they proved it by actually making it to the superbowl.

hasselbeck doesnt throw the ball away like brady. the pats were paper champions, and they have proven all there players suck elsewhere. they love steelers players. infact they NEED them for any ammount of success. 'chick dont know how to properly train and mold that winning attitude.

I guess that makes the Steelers 'stone champions'.

Paper always beats Stone, Tony.

NM

ExtonSteelFan
08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
And the only reason you won this one is because Seattle sucks and the refs were bought off.

Considering 2005's stats, would you say the Pats were a better team than Seattle last year? If not, what does that make the Pats then?

You won't win another SB for 25 years.
You do an excellent job of predicting the future by the way.

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 08:31 AM
I guess that makes the Steelers 'stone champions'.

Paper always beats Stone, Tony.

NMfunny how you remove youre teams paltry history before 2001 from the timeframe "always".

speaking of always getting beat, what plan does belichick have in place to dodge the broncos should both teams happen to make the playoffs?

ducking a 6th seed in your own home is a great way to "always" beat a team i hear.

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 11:09 AM
funny how you remove youre teams paltry history before 2001 from the timeframe "always".

speaking of always getting beat, what plan does belichick have in place to dodge the broncos should both teams happen to make the playoffs?

ducking a 6th seed in your own home is a great way to "always" beat a team i hear.

Round and round we go.

Copy and paste - we took you apart in the AFCCG's - twice in your house.

* save for future consultation.

Anyways the Bronco's have beat us in the playoffs - so where you get to draw a comparison with the Steelers is beyond me.

Gimme the Steelers any day.

Hold on......

Copy and paste - we took you apart in the AFCCG's - twice..... in your house.

NM

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 11:17 AM
so "twice" now equals "always"?
with those dilusions of grandeur you may wanna get one of them oversized bruschi/brady/balco helmets to protect your head as you try to squeeze through doorways. it would be nice if the patriots still had the capabilities to beat the likes of the chargers, chiefs, broncos, colts etc. so we could watch a more mature big ben dissect their porous secondary with the no huddle, like he did when he 1st met them and stomped all over their little record streak.

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 11:33 AM
so "twice" now equals "always"?
with those dilusions of grandeur you may wanna get one of them oversized bruschi/brady/balco helmets to protect your head as you try to squeeze through doorways. it would be nice if the patriots still had the capabilities to beat the likes of the chargers, chiefs, broncos, colts etc. so we could watch a more mature big ben dissect their porous secondary with the no huddle, like he did when he 1st met them and stomped all over their little record streak.

NM

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 11:50 AM
*squaaaaack*

polly wanna cracker?

it must really bug you that the pats didnt take any team apart on the way to their 1st sb and were regarded as the weakest team in the playoffs. struggling against the raiders and having the refs usher them through games with the steelers and rams (and the judgement call tuck rule) shows you won by the skin of your teeth.

always = twice huh?

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 12:02 PM
*squaaaaack*

polly wanna cracker?

it must really bug you that the pats didnt take any team apart on the way to their 1st sb and were regarded as the weakest team in the playoffs. struggling against the raiders and having the refs usher them through games with the steelers and rams (and the judgement call tuck rule) shows you won by the skin of your teeth.

always = twice huh?

:sofunny:

NM

ExtonSteelFan
08-25-2006, 12:36 PM

NM

You're not even answering his question LITP. Does twice = always? You're contantly reading in between the lines and picking posts apart, yet when your's get picked apart you revert to a childish "broken record like" attitude.

Maybe you'd want the steelers any day over the broncos but your beloved coach of the New England Patriots sure didn't. Who's opinion on the matter holds more weight anyway, LITP or Bill Belichick? Last I checked that answer would be the Head Coach.

Copy and paste - We won the Superbowl - the Patriots did not

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 12:55 PM
i tore litp apart more than twice in my own house...

infact i always do

Livinginthe past
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
You're not even answering his question LITP. Does twice = always? You're contantly reading in between the lines and picking posts apart, yet when your's get picked apart you revert to a childish "broken record like" attitude.

Maybe you'd want the steelers any day over the broncos but your beloved coach of the New England Patriots sure didn't. Who's opinion on the matter holds more weight anyway, LITP or Bill Belichick? Last I checked that answer would be the Head Coach.

Copy and paste - We won the Superbowl - the Patriots did not

Hows that sound?

NM

tony hipchest
08-25-2006, 01:40 PM
so anyways speculation is that branch may request a trade. who the hell would want him? maybe the eagles for about a 5th rounder next year. he needs to realize he cant do squat without brady. hes not like ward who can adjust to the ball and be great with a multitude of qb's, good or bad.