PDA

View Full Version : Off season reports cards from SI

SteelerFanInCA
07-26-2006, 03:53 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/07/26/offseason.grades.afc/1.html

I figured we would at least get a C+. :dang:

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
all these report cards tend to penalize a team that upgrades or replaces players from within.

83-Steelers-43
07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't completely disagree with this grade. Maybe a C+ tops. Harris, Reid and Smith being my main reasons for the grade boost. While he hasn't touched the field yet, Holmes being the main reason why I would not grade them any higher with Ben coming in second with his face plant.

SteelerFanInCA
07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
all these report cards tend to penalize a team that upgrades or replaces players from within.
That's our strength, promoting from within. Yet many people fail to recognize that.

83-Steelers-43
07-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Well, the report card did not criticize us for dropping El and Hope. Total opposite actually. I was surprised by that.

SteelerFanInCA
07-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Well, the report card did not criticize us for dropping El and Hope. Total opposite actually. I was surprised by that.
Same here. It was good not to see another article indicating how much we would miss El.

OX1947
07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
One thing that cracks me up. I'm trying to remember when the last time I went into an offseason and did not read that Baltimore would win the division. The ratbirds have been picked to win the division every year for the majority since they won the Super Bowl. What is the hard on for the Ravens? Is it an east coast thing or what. And I'm still trying to figure out how the Steelers had a bad offseason. If they want to pick us to suck, fine, but explain WHY. And please dont tell me because we lost El and Hope. 2 guys out of 22 in the Steeler org isnt gonna make that much of a difference considering we have great drafts and good backs that come in and fill in. Just doesnt make sense, thes aholes have zero crediability......

HometownGal
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Gee - isn't SI just a ray of sunshine? :rolleyes:

I'm shocked they didn't mention The Bus' retirement as a negative, though I think the Parker/Duce combo can pick up the slack if Duce can stay off of the DL.

83-Steelers-43
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
And I'm still trying to figure out how the Steelers had a bad offseason. If they want to pick us to suck, fine, but explain WHY. And please dont tell me because we lost El and Hope. 2 guys out of 22 in the Steeler org isnt gonna make that much of a difference considering we have great drafts and good backs that come in and fill in. Just doesnt make sense, thes aholes have zero crediability......

Keep in mind. They are not grading us on how they feel we will perform this year. They are grading us on our offseason. Events that occured and the draft. Once again, they actually stated the cutting of ties between Randle El and Chris Hope was a good thing. In my opinion, we didn't have the greatest offseason.....far from it actually. Now, I'm by no means stating we are going to suck (neither was SI), just stating our offseason was not exactly our greatest.

MattsMe
07-26-2006, 07:16 PM
SI is a disgrace. Their subjective "evaluation" is an insult to their readers.

Polamalu43
07-26-2006, 07:25 PM
SI is a disgrace. Their subjective "evaluation" is an insult to their readers.

yeah i agree was up with that. thats the reason why i don't pay attention 2 things like that. its all about what we show on the field

Haiku_Dirtt
07-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Replacing the Edge for Addai and they get a B-...hmmm. Whatever

LuckyNumber7
07-26-2006, 09:44 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/07/26/offseason.grades.afc/1.html

I figured we would at least get a C+. :dang:

I would agree with that....I mean, we have had a very rough offseason, it happens, we'll get through it, Santonio will learn. Ben has learned.....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-26-2006, 09:54 PM
If we can get all our picks signed by training camp our grade will go up to a B-

Stlrs4Life
07-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Who cares about these reports anyways? Don't sweat it!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Gee - isn't SI just a ray of sunshine? :rolleyes:

I'm shocked they didn't mention The Bus' retirement as a negative, though I think the Parker/Duce combo can pick up the slack if Duce can stay off of the DL.

I can't stand SI. Dr. Z and Peter King just make me say :blah:. Your totally right the Parker/Duce combo will be fine just as long Duce stays healthy. In 2004 through the first 7 games of the season Staley was having a really solid year. Willie Parker will be even better this upcoming year... due to the experience he gained last year as a first time starter. The whole key to the running game anyway is our great and stellar offensive line. The whole Oline is back and had a full season to work with each other. Last year Kendall Simmons was coming back from injury and Max Starks was a first time starter.

Later sweetie

Dan aka (B@GF32)

Elvis
07-27-2006, 05:46 PM
SI is almost as bad as Sporting News to make very Bad Predictions and I have to say that I hate the idea that the Sporting News picked us to beat the Panthers in Super Bowl XLI...
God Bless All
Elvis