PDA

View Full Version : J. Porter demands trade

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
jerry, not joey! (made you look :chuckle:)

looks like camp shell has been a little difficult for some players. porter wanted to be a florida workout wonder and shell laid down the law. randy moss was running laps for making a mistake in the camps opener. this focus on discipline should be good for the team. he was quoted as saying the inmates will no longer rule the asylum.

davis's asking price for porter? 2 1st rounders. crazy old man.

83-Steelers-43
07-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Bastard....lol.

SteelerzGirl
07-26-2006, 06:10 PM

Yeah you did! God, you scared the crap out of me...(lol)! Creep! :smile:

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
theres something to be said for shock value in a post :cool:

BlackNGold203
07-26-2006, 06:17 PM
*breathes again*

Jesus Tony....LOL...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 06:20 PM
i had enough tact to put this in the nfl section (where it belongs) and not the steelers forum. lol

SuperBowlChamps
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Jerry Porter is an idiot. Seriously. What is he thinking? I mean the Oakland Raiders haven't been good since they went to the Super Bowl and lost to Tampa Bay...so what makes Jerry Porter think that he is going to get a higher contract from the team? And for real, he isn't even that GOOD. He benefits somewhat from having Randy Moss at the opposite side but he never has taken total advantage of his oppertunities. And he wants paid. Ha! Its ridiculous. Looks like we have another TO on our hands in the NFL....unbelivable!

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Jerry Porter is an idiot. Seriously. What is he thinking? I mean the Oakland Raiders haven't been good since they went to the Super Bowl and lost to Tampa Bay...so what makes Jerry Porter think that he is going to get a higher contract from the team? And for real, he isn't even that GOOD. He benefits somewhat from having Randy Moss at the opposite side but he never has taken total advantage of his oppertunities. And he wants paid. Ha! Its ridiculous. Looks like we have another TO on our hands in the NFL....unbelivable! he dont want more money, infact his huge contract would probably prevent a trade. he got in a huge argument with art shell and wr coach fred belitnekof (sp). apearantly the parties havent spoken in quite a while and porter just wants out. looks like he dont handle discipline too well

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2530265

Jerry Porter
Wide Receiver
Oakland Raiders

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
76 942 5 12.4 49 225

The wide receiver told The San Francisco Chronicle that he has asked the team to trade him.

"Yes. Absolutely. I've told them that," Porter told the newspaper. The 2000 second round pick has caught 239 passes in his six NFL seasons for 3,215 yards and has scored 24 touchdowns.

Porter told the newspaper that his agent told him that the Raiders have asked for two No. 1 picks in return for him in any deal. "Why ... would you ask for a No. 1 for me, or ask for two No. 1s for me, when I wasn't even a No. 1?," he told the newspaper.

Porter told the newspaper he had a run-in with Shell and receivers coach Fred Biletnikoff shortly after Shell was hired when he told them he wanted to work out in Florida instead of participating in the team's offseason conditioning program.

"Ever since then, [Shell] hasn't said anything to me, I haven't said anything to him," Porter told the Chronicle.

Shell didn't dispute Porter's version of events and emphasized to the newspaper that he is trying to change the culture of the Raiders, who are 13-35 the past three seasons.

"The culture is changing," Shell told the Chronicle, "and everybody has been on board and trying to get involved in the process of winning football games, and getting in here, working. You can't have inmates running the asylum.

"That's not gonna be. Not under me, and 99.9 percent of the players here feel that way. They want direction. We're going to give them direction. And I'm not going to back down off of that.

"A couple of the inmates have been trying to run the doggone culture around here. They've been running the program. And that's not gonna be anymore. I'm the head coach. I'm the guy in charge."

Shell, who coached the Raiders previously from 1989-1994, had a 54-38 regular-season record his first time around, leading the Raiders to the AFC Championship Game following the 1990 season. The team has had only three winning seasons since Shell was fired -- one less than he had in five full seasons as coach.

Ambridge
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
I heard that Porter had a blowout with both Art Shell and WR Coach Fred Biletnicoff and that his feelings are still bruised because the Raiders brought in Randy Moss to be the #1 receiver last season.

Anyone seen Fred Biletnicoff lately???
He looks like a Chain Smoking-Homeless Sterno Bum that weighs maybe 105lbs who can't wait until the end of the day so he can run to 7-11 and buy a few bottles of MD 20-20.

CantStop85
07-26-2006, 06:36 PM
This was inevitable from the day Randy Moss was signed. Jerry Porter's too good (in his own mind) to be sharing catches with Moss.

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I heard that Porter had a blowout with both Art Shell and WR Coach Fred Biletnicoff and that his feelings are still bruised because the Raiders brought in Randy Moss to be the #1 receiver last season.

Anyone seen Fred Biletnicoff lately???
He looks like a Chain Smoking-Homeless Sterno Bum that weighs maybe 105lbs who can't wait until the end of the day so he can run to 7-11 and buy a few bottles of MD 20-20.:sofunny: "sterno bum" :sofunny:

dudes lookin pretty rugged.

SteelerFanInCA
07-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Jerry Porter = Baby T.O. :crying01: :crying01:

SuperBowlChamps
07-26-2006, 06:52 PM
That's crazy how he thinks he's that good. He must seriously think he's like one of the elite Wide Receivers in the NFL. Wow...and why are the Raiders asking for two first round draft picks for him? Are they crazy? No one is going to give up two first rounders for a Wide Receiver with a big ego. Jerry Porter is crazy and the Raiders organization has gone batty...

Haiku_Dirtt
07-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Next time I'll read first and then take the tranquilizer after I..after I...afetr i....allfeeeter ee uh zzzzzzzz...zzzzzzz...zzzzzzz

Raider Nation
07-26-2006, 09:01 PM
That's crazy how he thinks he's that good. He must seriously think he's like one of the elite Wide Receivers in the NFL. Wow...and why are the Raiders asking for two first round draft picks for him? Are they crazy? No one is going to give up two first rounders for a Wide Receiver with a big ego. Jerry Porter is crazy and the Raiders organization has gone batty...

That's Als' way of telling Porter to shut up and do your job!

As for the Raider organization going batty. Well I think Art Shell is finally takinf this team in the right direction. Callahan and Norv lost control of this team and it's great to see Art bringing disipline to the Raiders.:smile:

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 09:07 PM
That's Als' way of telling Porter to shut up and do your job!

As for the Raider organization going batty. Well I think Art Shell is finally takinf this team in the right direction. Callahan and Norv lost control of this team and it's great to see Art bringing disipline to the Raiders.:smile:they desperately need the discipline. something the bengals have yet to figure out. unfortunately it may mean benching or cutting some players who have perceived talent until everyone gets on board and with the program. otherwise players will be smoking crack and missing the superbowl or breaking down mentally in mexico the night before the big game.

discipline is a good thing for a franchise.

Raider Nation
07-26-2006, 09:18 PM
they desperately need the discipline. something the bengals have yet to figure out. unfortunately it may mean benching or cutting some players who have perceived talent until everyone gets on board and with the program. otherwise players will be smoking crack and missing the superbowl or breaking down mentally in mexico the night before the big game.

discipline is a good thing for a franchise.

Thanks for the good reply bro:smile: I actually posted a reply on this same topic at steelernation.com and I'm waiting to see how those tools respond:rolleyes:

tony hipchest
07-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the good reply bro:smile: I actually posted a reply on this same topic at steelernation.com and I'm waiting to see how those tools respond:rolleyes: good luck with that.

they showed a picture of jerry on p.t.i. and hes definitely in shape (lookin like t.o. or david boston - not necessarilly good)

what these guys need to realize is that the nfl isnt a fashion show or beauty contest. hines ward, marvin harrison or torry holt dont need to look like theyre chiseled out of stone to step on the field and perform. its about putting in the time with your team (hines' holdout last year notwithstanding)

porter went from a guy with great upside to ashley lelie in the matter of a week.

Koopa
07-26-2006, 09:32 PM

looks like camp shell has been a little difficult for some players. porter wanted to be a florida workout wonder and shell laid down the law. randy moss was running laps for making a mistake in the camps opener. this focus on discipline should be good for the team. he was quoted as saying the inmates will no longer rule the asylum.

davis's asking price for porter? 2 1st rounders. crazy old man.

damn you, i was already perparing a whole speech hoping he tear everything in his knees and the team he goes to loses every game, and we win 5 superbowls in a row while he's at home crying.

HometownGal
07-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Art Shell is one tough mofo and I'm glad to see him knocking some of these egomaniacs down off of their high horses. If Sleazy Al allows Shell to take charge of the Raiders and do things his way, I think the Raiders can turn it around and become competitive again with a few nips and tucks. Kudos to Art Shell.

As for Jerry Porter, I think the Florida sun has made his brain swell a bit. If he's not careful with his "tude", he's going to find himself blackballed, much like T.O. is.

Tha rock
07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
the guy is acting like hes good hes alrite but hes T.O with out the talent. Shell said he wont be traded and jerry is under contract for 4 years so he need to shut up.

Raider Nation
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
the guy is acting like hes good hes alrite but hes T.O with out the talent. Shell said he wont be traded and jerry is under contract for 4 years so he need to shut up.

Hey bro! I'm FilipinoRaider from rf.net. Good to see you here:cool:

lilyoder6
07-28-2006, 10:50 AM
he should just stay.. see how it works out this yr cuz u have a new head coach and a new QB so how do can u say u don't like how the coach runs it if its his first time back in a while