PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Among Those On PUP List

Atlanta Dan
07-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Ugh

The Pittsburgh Steelers have gathered in Latrobe for training camp. Six members of the team will begin the journey on the physically unable to perform list.

They are safety Damon Cromartie-Smith, nose tackle Casey Hampton, linebacker James Harrison, running back Rashard Mendenhall, tackle Max Starks, and linebacker Jason Worilds....

Harrison missed time during OTAs with some sort of leg injury.

Teams have no obligation to provide any specific injury information until the first week of the regular season. The six players on the PUP list can emerge at any time during training camp or the preseason. If not ready to go by the final roster cuts, the players would land on the PUP list for at least six weeks of the regular season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/25/six-steelers-open-camp-on-pup-list/

I assume both Harrison and Worlds will be ready to go sometime during camp, but James appears to be breaking down and Worlds cannot stay healthy

Bayz101
07-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Harrison is one of the last true linebackers in the NFL, and sadly, he's probably not going to be around much longer. People have been trying to convince me that he'll be around for years to come, but honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if this is his last year on the team. He's already to the point to where he's going to be in pain for the rest of his life. He has a bad back, and he's acupuncture what seems like every week. I hope the backups are read to step up.

tony hipchest
07-25-2012, 07:15 PM
its a knee issue with james. tomlin said he's fine, its just precautionary.

pancake
07-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I hope we can get 2 more years out of JH.

tanda10506
07-26-2012, 12:14 AM
I think it will be up to the Steelers how much longer he plays. I think he will play this year and next unless the Steelers want to save the money next year. We have cut LB's who could still play but were well past their prime, but if Worilds can't stay healthy then they will have little choice but to keep him. A rookie would need a year of grooming to be ready to start and we don't sign big name FA's, so Harrison would by far be the best option.

Merchant
07-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Oh. Worilds can't go. Shock of the century.

steelfury02
07-26-2012, 07:58 AM
prob 2 to 3 of those guys on PUP might be having their last season with the Steelers. I'm thinking Worilds is starting to head into the Sweed category for some fans. Although not sure the expectations of him are there like they were for Sweed.

SteelBlaze1
07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
The PUP list means they miss the first 6 games of the season...correct?

Hawaii 5-0
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
The PUP list means they miss the first 6 games of the season...correct?

these six players can be taken off the PUP list anytime between now and when the final roster cuts are announced and still be eligible for the first six games of the season.

however, if they remain on the PUP list once final roster cuts are made then they will be forced to miss the first 6 games of the season.

Vis
07-26-2012, 01:10 PM
My wife told me she was on the PUP list last night.

Fire Arians
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
My wife told me she was on the PUP list last night.

groin injury? :chuckle:

steelfury02
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM
that's what she said

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I think it will be up to the Steelers how much longer he plays. I think he will play this year and next unless the Steelers want to save the money next year. We have cut LB's who could still play but were well past their prime, but if Worilds can't stay healthy then they will have little choice but to keep him. A rookie would need a year of grooming to be ready to start and we don't sign big name FA's, so Harrison would by far be the best option.

I don't think it's Worilds' health that would hold him back... sadly, for a 2nd rounder, I haven't seen any measure of talent that indicates he could replace Harrison, in terms of quality. Like you said, another player - such as a draft pick - would take at least a year to be ready to start... so, we're "stuck" with Harrison.

Of course, if Harrison can stay healthy, I'd still take him over 90% of all OLBs in the league...

SteelBlaze1
07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
these six players can be taken off the PUP list anytime between now and when the final roster cuts are announced and still be eligible for the first six games of the season.

however, if they remain on the PUP list once final roster cuts are made then they will be forced to miss the first 6 games of the season.

Thank you for the clarification...I was a little worried there for a minute.