View Full Version : MEET GREG LLOYD!!!

Steel City Mafia
07-26-2006, 11:18 PM
http://i7.tinypic.com/213g1tk.jpg

FOR MORE INFO VISIT...

WWW.STEELCITYMAFIA.COM

83-Steelers-43
07-26-2006, 11:29 PM
He's not going to put a handgun in my mouth is he?

BlackNGold203
07-26-2006, 11:30 PM

LMAO...:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Steel City Mafia
07-26-2006, 11:34 PM
OR......... You could get over it like his family did, move on with life and meet one of the greatest linebackers to ever wear Black and Gold

83-Steelers-43
07-26-2006, 11:42 PM
OR......... You could get over it like his family did, move on with life and meet one of the greatest linebackers to ever wear Black and Gold

Yeah...umm......I don't care if your "one of the greatest linebackers to ever wear Black and Gold" or if your John Doe working a 9-5 job..........I lose all respect for you as a person when you put a pistol in your sons mouth because of bad grades and then after that little incident (separate incident) you point a pistol at your wifes head. I'm perfectly capable of pointing out a complete jackass without getting his families consent.

SteelCity Mafia
07-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Not if you show up. : )

Polamalu43
07-27-2006, 12:41 AM

LMFAO.. :sofunny:

Steel Pit
07-27-2006, 06:14 AM
I would show up but I'm white. I don't believe that Lloyd has any liking towards white folk.
I recall reading about one of his famous tee shirts embroided with the quote, "White men aren't real". That combined with the gun incident and his martial arts ability has me invisioning myself being the victim of a hate crime as Lloyd kicks my A S S and then sticks his gun in my face and tells me how horrible white men are. :horror:

I'm going to take the following approach to the invite and:

AVOID LLOYD :cya:

HometownGal
07-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want no pistol messin' up my lipstick. :shake01:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want no pistol messin' up my lipstick. :shake01:

uhhhhh....*speechless*

cbalke
07-27-2006, 09:07 AM
already have. :)

http://www.balkenet.com/family/pictures/greglloyd/100_1711.jpg

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Listen, we respect everyone's view and opinions on Greg's past. Honestly, I agree and disapprove of some of the things he did too. I remember when all this happened and he was my favorite player of all time. But knowing who is he now and the life that he and his wife/family have established weighs heavy in our decision to bring him. We arent nominating him for man of the year, just honoring him for his contributions to the Steelers. Greg hit some rocky roads in life and made some mistakes. But where my respect comes is when I see how they have worked through the hard time and have become better people because of it. I doubt there would be much respect for ANYONE in the world if you analyzed their past with a fine tooth comb. But we learn from our past and move on. Greg and his family have, why cant you all? If you truly feel this way towards Greg then we completely respect your view on this and understand why you would decide not to attend, totally cool. But if it is only to be popular funny guy/girl on the message board, we will humbly request that you not let that reflect on the outcome or success of what we are trying to accomplish.

SCMafia have been given the opportunity to bring players to towns that otherwise would never get to meet the players they grew up with and looked up to, shake thier hands and thank them for thier contibution to the black and gold. Greg Lloyd in Parkersburg is just the first of many players and other events we have planned. We hope to gain all of your support if not for this particular even, then for what we are trying to bring to the Steeler masses. Hope this helps shed light on things

83-Steelers-43
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM
I recall reading about one of his famous tee shirts embroided with the quote, "White men aren't real".

Very classy.....:rolleyes:

tony hipchest
07-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Listen, we respect everyone's view and opinions on Greg's past. Honestly, I agree and disapprove of some of the things he did too. I remember when all this happened and he was my favorite player of all time. But knowing who is he now and the life that he and his wife/family have established weighs heavy in our decision to bring him. We arent nominating him for man of the year, just honoring him for his contributions to the Steelers. Greg hit some rocky roads in life and made some mistakes. But where my respect comes is when I see how they have worked through the hard time and have become better people because of it. I doubt there would be much respect for ANYONE in the world if you analyzed their past with a fine tooth comb. But we learn from our past and move on. Greg and his family have, why cant you all? If you truly feel this way towards Greg then we completely respect your view on this and understand why you would decide not to attend, totally cool. But if it is only to be popular funny guy/girl on the message board, we will humbly request that you not let that reflect on the outcome or success of what we are trying to accomplish.

SCMafia have been given the opportunity to bring players to towns that otherwise would never get to meet the players they grew up with and looked up to, shake thier hands and thank them for thier contibution to the black and gold. Greg Lloyd in Parkersburg is just the first of many players and other events we have planned. We hope to gain all of your support if not for this particular even, then for what we are trying to bring to the Steeler masses. Hope this helps shed light on things

lloyd was always my favorite from the early cowher era. seems like he dropped off the map after his football career. good to see him and his family are doing well and still doing things like this for the steelerfans out there. good luck with the event.

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 10:12 AM
lloyd was always my favorite from the early cowher era. seems like he dropped off the map after his football career. good to see him and his family are doing well and still doing things like this for the steelerfans out there. good luck with the event.

Thanks for the support Tony:cool:

HometownGal
07-27-2006, 10:23 AM

I was just pulling your leg, SteelCityMafia. We've all made mistakes in our lives and hopefully have learned from them and have grown as human beings, much as you describe Greg Lloyd and his family. I admired him as a player and appreciate all of his contributions as well as those by other former Steelers players, no matter what they have done in their personal lives. There is only one perfect being and it isn't any of us earth dwellers. Thanks for letting us know about the event and good luck! :smile: Please keep us posted on future events - much appreciated.

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 10:47 AM
I was just pulling your leg, SteelCityMafia. We've all made mistakes in our lives and hopefully have learned from them and have grown as human beings, much as you describe Greg Lloyd and his family. I admired him as a player and appreciate all of his contributions as well as those by other former Steelers players, no matter what they have done in their personal lives. There is only one perfect being and it isn't any of us earth dwellers. Thanks for letting us know about the event and good luck! :smile: Please keep us posted on future events - much appreciated.

We'll do, thanks for the good luck wishes :rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Well wait a minute. I was a big fan of Greg Lloyd's when I was growing up. But I'm sorry I just don't like hearing stuff like what Greg did to his son. True it is very important to do well in school and get a good education. But putting a gun in his mouth is totally wrong and sickening. Two things I don't like is violence toward women and little kids. Plus what I have heard and read over the years is that Greg is just a complete jerk.

Well good luck with your event. But I have no respect for Greg Lloyd. He was a great football player and I loved the way he played the game. But as a human being I think he has some serious issues.

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Well wait a minute. I was a big fan of Greg Lloyd's when I was growing up. But I'm sorry I just don't like hearing stuff like what Greg did to his son. True it is very important to do well in school and get a good education. But putting a gun in his mouth is totally wrong and sickening. Two things I don't like is violence toward women and little kids. Plus what I have heard and read over the years is that Greg is just a complete jerk.

Well good luck with your event. But I have no respect for Greg Lloyd. He was a great football player and I loved the way he played the game. But as a human being I think he has some serious issues.

Again, I agree 100% about what he did was completely wrong. The guy hit a really rough patch after he was forced to retire and got to drinking for a while there from what I understand and THAT was the main root of the problem. Doesn?t excuse anything, but makes a little more sense when examined beyond what a columnist will tell you. They had their share of problems and handled them accordingly. Whether you choose to forgive or not is on you but when someone acknowledges wrong doing and works to become a better person, I believe gives reason to forgive and move on. As I stated earlier, if Greg still lived this way, I would have a problem working with him, but I am a person that is able to move past when a person asks forgiveness. Greg?s wife is the one that does his bookings for him and is a pleasure to be with. As for his son, well, see for yourself...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/957/360188.jpg

East Ridge DE/LB Greg Lloyd Jr. is starting to make his own path of destruction as the word is starting to get out about the talented 6-foot-3, 215 pound senior. Some schools that are recruiting for him heavily are Pittsburgh, SC, Florida, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc... Beyond what you read or hear, Greg must have done SOMTHING right.

We appreciate your comments. If this WASNT a concern for people, I'd wonder about where this world was going, so it?s totally understandable. Just know there is plenty behind the scenes that goes on that we don?t know about and doesn?t make for shock value in news articles:smile:

By the way, he's anything BUT a jerk. Although I always though of him as a badass and then when I first met him he was surprisingly kind. Kind of ruined the bad-boy persona in my eyes. Again, cant believe everything you hear.

Thanks for the good luck, maybe we'll see you at the next event when we find a Steeler with NO SKELETONS, this may take a while to find (haha)

Black@Gold Forever32
07-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Thats cool that his son his playing football and has a very good shot at the NFL like his dad. Well if Mr. Lloyd has gotten his life together then I wish him well. Thats good to hear. Plus you met him and he was kind to you. Thats very cool. I will be watching his son in college and rooting for him. Maybe the Steelers draft Greg Lloyd Jr. Now that would be cool.

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Thats cool that his son his playing football and has a very good shot at the NFL like his dad. Well if Mr. Lloyd has gotten his life together then I wish him well. Thats good to hear. Plus you met him and he was kind to you. Thats very cool. I will be watching his son in college and rooting for him. Maybe the Steelers draft Greg Lloyd Jr. Now that would be cool.

No doubt!! That would be swell to see the family legacy live on in Pittsburgh. Pleasure talking with you bro.:blah:

tony hipchest
07-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Again, I agree 100% about what he did was completely wrong. The guy hit a really rough patch after he was forced to retire and got to drinking for a while there from what I understand and THAT was the main root of the problem. Doesn?t excuse anything, but makes a little more sense when examined beyond what a columnist will tell you. They had their share of problems and handled them accordingly. Whether you choose to forgive or not is on you but when someone acknowledges wrong doing and works to become a better person, I believe gives reason to forgive and move on. As I stated earlier, if Greg still lived this way, I would have a problem working with him, but I am a person that is able to move past when a person asks forgiveness. Greg?s wife is the one that does his bookings for him and is a pleasure to be with. As for his son, well, see for yourself...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/957/360188.jpg

East Ridge DE/LB Greg Lloyd Jr. is starting to make his own path of destruction as the word is starting to get out about the talented 6-foot-3, 215 pound senior. Some schools that are recruiting for him heavily are Pittsburgh, SC, Florida, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc... Beyond what you read or hear, Greg must have done SOMTHING right.

We appreciate your comments. If this WASNT a concern for people, I'd wonder about where this world was going, so it?s totally understandable. Just know there is plenty behind the scenes that goes on that we don?t know about and doesn?t make for shock value in news articles:smile:

By the way, he's anything BUT a jerk. Although I always though of him as a badass and then when I first met him he was surprisingly kind. Kind of ruined the bad-boy persona in my eyes. Again, cant believe everything you hear.

Thanks for the good luck, maybe we'll see you at the next event when we find a Steeler with NO SKELETONS, this may take a while to find (haha)holy cow, i thought that picture was of him as a high schooler. could it be possible his son was born to be a steeler? thanks for the update. like i said i never hear anything about lloyd. didnt even know how old his son was. id much rather see him go the route of a family man conquering his demons rather than seeing him on the news driving his truck into a tanker as he popped off shots at the cops. i often wondered if lloyd just turned into a hermit or recluse. seeing that staph infection ruin his foot was almost as bad as terry bradshaws shoulder turning to mush.

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 05:51 PM
holy cow, i thought that picture was of him as a high schooler. could it be possible his son was born to be a steeler? thanks for the update. like i said i never hear anything about lloyd. didnt even know how old his son was. id much rather see him go the route of a family man conquering his demons rather than seeing him on the news driving his truck into a tanker as he popped off shots at the cops. i often wondered if lloyd just turned into a hermit or recluse. seeing that staph infection ruin his foot was almost as bad as terry bradshaws shoulder turning to mush.

Yeah, prior to working with him on this I didint know alot about him either. We are going to see if we can schedule an interview with him and post on the site about life as a Lloyd these days. Those are some pretty big schools seeking after Jr. It seems there is good stuff to come from him.

tony hipchest
07-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah, prior to working with him on this I didint know alot about him either. We are going to see if we can schedule an interview with him and post on the site about life as a Lloyd these days. Those are some pretty big schools seeking after Jr. It seems there is good stuff to come from him.

HUGE schools looking at him. that is impressive. if you score an interview, do post a link cause there are still fans out there who root for lloyd as the "just plain nasty, not known for his disposition, ass kicking, one to be avoided," steeler.

83-Steelers-43
07-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Kid looks exactly like his dad. I wish him the best and hopefully the apple does fall far from the tree when it comes to off-field issues.

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
HUGE schools looking at him. that is impressive. if you score an interview, do post a link cause there are still fans out there who root for lloyd as the "just plain nasty, not known for his disposition, ass kicking, one to be avoided," steeler.

Well do, no guarantees but it is somthing we are going to try to do with each former athelete we work with. Kind of a "where are they now" type of thing. We thought about polling the boards and our myspace for people to submit questions and let us pick the most 20 juicy ones to ask. Do you guys think that would be a good idea, assuming he agrees to do it??

Steel City Mafia
07-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Kid looks exactly like his dad. I wish him the best and hopefully the apple does fall far from the tree when it comes to off-field issues.

Right there with you on that one brotha, not on the field fo sho' though:bouncy:

Haiku_Dirtt
07-28-2006, 04:29 AM

FOR MORE INFO VISIT...

WWW.STEELCITYMAFIA.COM

Dope graphic. It's got a sweet retro feel to it...ala Capone (ur tag ).

What wasn't to love about G.L? PURE NASTY!

There were a group of Steelers that you wished and hoped could have had the story book ending like Jerome. But even Oliver Stone and North Dallas Forty can't go far enough to show the ugly in the NFL.

The Steelers have lost more than their share of Greg Llyod's in unceremonious ways. Chalk up Kevin Green. (Chad got his cash so he's not on the list) And if Heinz Field were still on the drawing board then Three Rivers would still be the proverbial axe that cuts the overhead. Brutal.

I wish I could be there to meet Lloyd.

Steel City Mafia
07-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Dope graphic. It's got a sweet retro feel to it...ala Capone (ur tag ).

What wasn't to love about G.L? PURE NASTY!

There were a group of Steelers that you wished and hoped could have had the story book ending like Jerome. But even Oliver Stone and North Dallas Forty can't go far enough to show the ugly in the NFL.

The Steelers have lost more than their share of Greg Llyod's in unceremonious ways. Chalk up Kevin Green. (Chad got his cash so he's not on the list) And if Heinz Field were still on the drawing board then Three Rivers would still be the proverbial axe that cuts the overhead. Brutal.

I wish I could be there to meet Lloyd.

Man, your right. I hate that guys basically build their career and establish rapport with the fans fo the Burgh and then unexpected injuries just bring guys to a screeching hault. I cannot imagine the adjustment they have to make mentally, being on top and then released by your team the next day. Obviously, its part of the biz, but sucks none the less. I'm glad they were able to at least play a little in CAR but it just doesnt seem right seeing some guys retire wearing colors other than black and gold. I love how Woodson still claims us. He's another one that was hard to see move on.

I'm sure we'll work with Lloyd again. Kevin has agree to be at the Carolina matchup in December FYI. More info to come on that event later.

Steel City Mafia
07-30-2006, 05:59 PM

FOR MORE INFO VISIT...

WWW.STEELCITYMAFIA.COM

Q: What sound did make when Greg Lloyd smacked Troy Aikman???

A: BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

LambertIsGod58
07-30-2006, 06:18 PM
I would show up but I'm white. I don't believe that Lloyd has any liking towards white folk.
I recall reading about one of his famous tee shirts embroided with the quote, "White men aren't real". That combined with the gun incident and his martial arts ability has me invisioning myself being the victim of a hate crime as Lloyd kicks my A S S and then sticks his gun in my face and tells me how horrible white men are. :horror:

I'm going to take the following approach to the invite and:

AVOID LLOYD :cya:

I met Lloyd a few years ago.... I had him sign a jersey for me. He was one of the coolest Steelers I've ever met. Never heard any of this racist stuff before.

Steel City Mafia
07-30-2006, 11:14 PM
I met Lloyd a few years ago.... I had him sign a jersey for me. He was one of the coolest Steelers I've ever met. Never heard any of this racist stuff before.

Thanks bro, Just another example of why you cant believe everything you hear.

Hope to see you there. We have actually sold about a third of our tickets just one week into announcing the event. Better get the presale reservations before they are gone. Hope to met you all there ;-)

stlrtruck
07-31-2006, 08:50 AM
If I were in Da' Burgh, I'd attend but being WAY out of area, makes it difficult!

Steel City Mafia
07-31-2006, 11:28 AM
If I were in Da' Burgh, I'd attend but being WAY out of area, makes it difficult!

Everyone involved in this event lives anywhere from 4-6 hrs away, so we all have some driving time either way. We totally understand though with the proce gouging at the gas pumps though. Its tuff. PM me where you live and I'll hit you up with some future event dates we have that may be closer. :smile: